Author Topic: Celtics (19-13) at Cavaliers (23-7) Game #33 12/29/16  (Read 59660 times)

Re: Celtics (19-13) at Cavaliers (23-7) Game #33 12/29/16
« Reply #720 on: December 30, 2016, 12:00:38 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
The doubting of Brad on this board never ceases to amaze me

When he stops making questionable rotation and play calling decisions I'm sure the doubting will stop.  ;)

Even the greenest of green glasses can see that Brad has mismanaged things at time this year, especially the rotations, though many of us have been perplexed by his rotations for years now.

« Reply #721 on: December 30, 2016, 12:28:20 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Zeller has played well Both times against the Cavs this season...But we played pretty Soft until The Cavs took their foot of the pedal...We have WEAK Big men in Amir and Olynyk, Horford is okay-but he must be wishing for Paul Millsap right about now.

We aint going nowhere--and Horford was a waste of $100+ Million, UNLESS Danny gets us an actual NBA big man.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #722 on: December 30, 2016, 12:42:48 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I only got to see the last minute -- IT went strong and got fouled, awful trip call against Horford that cameras didn't catch on replay, and Crowder missed an open 3 for the game (liked the shot on the road).

Anyone have a summary of the game though? Observations?  Seeing lots of IT and Horford hate...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #723 on: December 30, 2016, 12:46:23 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I only got to see the last minute -- IT went strong and got fouled, awful trip call against Horford that cameras didn't catch on replay, and Crowder missed an open 3 for the game (liked the shot on the road).

Anyone have a summary of the game though? Observations?  Seeing lots of IT and Horford hate...

Horford had a legitimately bad game, which I'm sure he realizes. As for IT, he had a really good offensive game, struggled some on D—nothing new there.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #724 on: December 30, 2016, 12:51:32 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

IT hate is totally unwarranted. Horford was pretty awful, and while he's entitled to the occasional rough game, his track record against Cleveland speaks for itself. Brown, Smart, Jerebko, Zeller were excellent. Bradley hurt both hands.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #725 on: December 30, 2016, 12:55:18 AM »

• Satch Sanders

IT hate is totally unwarranted. Horford was pretty awful, and while he's entitled to the occasional rough game, his track record against Cleveland speaks for itself. Brown, Smart, Jerebko, Zeller were excellent. Bradley hurt both hands.

More accurately: LeBron hurt at least one of Bradley's hands, on a "block."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #726 on: December 30, 2016, 01:17:28 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Thanks guys, TPs.  I'm not going to hate on Al either, though.  Sounds like CLE made a statement and we're just missing another impact big. 

How did Crowder and Bradley play?  Was Bradley's game screwed up by the fouls?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #727 on: December 30, 2016, 01:21:01 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Thanks guys, TPs.  I'm not going to hate on Al either, though.  Sounds like CLE made a statement and we're just missing another impact big.

IMO there really is very little to take away from this game. If you (not you specifically, tarheels) just learned tonight that Cleveland is better than us, I don't really know what to say. They're just flat out better, and that ain't news.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #728 on: December 30, 2016, 01:56:47 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

How did Crowder and Bradley play?  Was Bradley's game screwed up by the fouls?
Well Starters pretty much got out played all night. They had some really bad body language too. C's missed a ton of 3s early which didn't help. Love, LeBron and Irving did what they wanted and even got their role players going. It was the Cavs show. Our defense was a mess. Then BS pretty much benched all the starters and went with the back ups. The back ups push out the Cavs subs forcing the Cavs starters in. BS added in Crowder and the group held their own and cut the lead some more. Then LeBron started getting his calls. AB was added in but it wasn't enough. Finally BS went to his small ball lineup. Which was a complete failure. Which is why so much reaction. The bench played well, fought to get us close and our stars came back in and performed badly again.

IT got burnt a lot. Horford was a shadow. AB was up and down. Crowder was ok. Smart had some great moments with only few bad ones as he instigated the charge back into the game. Zeller, Brown and Jerekbo all showed up and played with aggression. AJ wasn't bad.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 02:43:16 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #729 on: December 30, 2016, 02:40:49 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up

Forearm is part of the ball remember ::)
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #730 on: December 30, 2016, 03:55:52 AM »

• Satch Sanders

Forearm is part of the ball remember ::)

Oh, man, I hate that rule, or saying: "The hand is part of the ball." Is it even a rule? If it is, it shouldn't be. The hand is NOT part of the ball; it's the hand. And hitting someone's hand affects their shot. Dang NBA.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #731 on: December 30, 2016, 01:06:40 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Move on and beat the Heat!