Author Topic: The move to make...  (Read 707 times)

The move to make...
« on: December 28, 2016, 09:14:00 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
is to wait and see what this team can do and to let deals come to us. You're gonna start seeing other teams scramble to figure out their path. Sacramento for example. How could their mgmt team think competing for an 8 seed with little to no path to truly competing as a viable option? Philadelphia needs to rid themselves of a big. Portland is on a downward spiral maybe they need to reboot. Dallas (time to blow it up totally), Phoenix, Utah (their cap situation looks ridiculous moving forward.

We lost leverage in 2015 draft when Danny attempted to trade for Justise Winslow. I think the league knew we had so many picks and could never fit them on our roster. I think we lost leverage this past draft too when we didn't pull off a trade. I also believe Danny and Wyc openly talking about trades has hurt us as it comes off as desperate and thus provides leverage to trade partners.

My belief is the tides are going to turn very soon in our favor where we'll have the leverage. Come the trade deadline, the Kings will risk losing Cousins to FA if they don't trade him. Utah, same with Gordon Hayward.

Having said all this, I think Ainge would prefer getting Gordon Hayward via trade before FA.