Author Topic: Dal-Sac-Bos Trade Idea  (Read 2835 times)

Dal-Sac-Bos Trade Idea
« on: December 27, 2016, 05:10:20 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Another idea for the CB community.

Dallas gets
-Rudy Gay (Borderline starter/Bench Scorer)
-Isaiah Thomas (All-Star PG)
-Willie Cauley Stein (Rim Protector/Athletic Defender)

Sacramento gets
-Amir Johnson (Expiring contract)
-Andrew Bogut (Expiring contract)
-Deron Williams (Expiring contract)
-Jaylen Brown (Young Talent)
-2017 Dallas Pick
-2018 Brooklyn Pick
-2019 Clippers Pick

Boston gets
-Demarcus Cousins (All-Star/Bully)

Dallas extends Dirk's window by 2-3 years
Sacramento gets 2 first round picks for each of the next 2 drafts and get back into the 2019 draft; with cap space.
Boston starts the Boogie era.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Dal-Sac-Bos Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 05:22:05 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I can't think that Dallas is going to take another pg from Boston, who is most likely going to sign somewhere else in FA.

I like that your proposal is getting a little bit more realistic about the type of talent needed to get Boogie. I read a few too many "KO and Tyler Zeller for Boogie" threads. I think to pry him from SAC, Boston might have to give up both BKN picks.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 05:29:30 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
I can't think that Dallas is going to take another pg from Boston, who is most likely going to sign somewhere else in FA.

I like that your proposal is getting a little bit more realistic about the type of talent needed to get Boogie. I read a few too many "KO and Tyler Zeller for Boogie" threads. I think to pry him from SAC, Boston might have to give up both BKN picks.

By getting rid of Bogut and Deron Williams; they'll definitely have the money to offer IT4 the max if they choose to.

The Dallas pick is equally as enticing, i figured.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 05:32:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Dallas already has said they won't trade their pick for any outside the top 10 player.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Dallas pick? Seems in the air

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 06:16:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
More terrible for Celtics. Way too much for controversial center. Frankly I wouldn't give IT straight up for Cousins. Just awful trade for us.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 06:24:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
-Rudy Gay (Borderline starter/Bench Scorer)
Oh boy.  ;D ;D ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 06:34:37 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
It doesn't make sense to trade Thomas if we're trying to get Boogie. The whole idea of why Boogie would do better here than in Sacramento is that he'd be on a team with a winning, competitive culture and a competent front office. Thomas is a key part of that culture, and trading him while getting Boogie is a near wash. It makes no sense to trade our best player in a Boogie trade when the whole point of a big trade is to lift us to contention.

Boston won't trade IT for anyone outside the Westbrook/Kyrie/Wall echelon on PG's because he's too important to this team/city that we would need an obvious upgrade/replacement to be worth trading him for, and I don't think that deal is happening.

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 07:51:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
It doesn't make sense to trade Thomas if we're trying to get Boogie. The whole idea of why Boogie would do better here than in Sacramento is that he'd be on a team with a winning, competitive culture and a competent front office. Thomas is a key part of that culture, and trading him while getting Boogie is a near wash. It makes no sense to trade our best player in a Boogie trade when the whole point of a big trade is to lift us to contention.

Boston won't trade IT for anyone outside the Westbrook/Kyrie/Wall echelon on PG's because he's too important to this team/city that we would need an obvious upgrade/replacement to be worth trading him for, and I don't think that deal is happening.

I would not trade IT for Wall.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 10:21:04 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

I would not trade IT for Wall.

Wall should have a better career than IT. Doesn't mean he will. Same with Lillard. I like all 3 of them.

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 04:49:04 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
IT, Johnson, Brown, Nets 17, Clips 19 for Cousins is an overpay.

I got slaughtered for suggesting Smart and the two Nets picks...

Also it doesn't make sense to trade IT if you are making a win now trade

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 05:31:15 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

We arenotbreaking the core if atrade for Boogie happens because its sensless to lose IT now when he is the one that stirs this ship. Boogie, Horford and IT will be difficult to stop and that should be the plan not tradeIT.

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 10:32:49 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum

I disagree. Smart and two net picks won't be enough, so i wont slaughter you ;)
But Boogie would still be a go-to scorer and a rebounder. He'd definitely fill the rebounding holes while maintaining the same scoring threat as IT4.

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 11:56:57 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
I'm not sure if Dallas does this. They lose their chance at a top pick in a loaded draft for a couple guys who can MAYBE help them sniff the playoffs this year - it would take a serious comeback, even if the trade happened this moment - and how does it secure their future? Does Dirk have more than this season left? OK, he might last one more year. Then what? You're left with Gay, a 30-year-old IT, and a couple decent young guys in WCS and Barnes, no 2017 lottery pick.

I dunno. Not sure Mark Cuban would take such a risk for something like this unless he was confident he would get a surefire playoffs run for Dirk out of it.

Plus, Sacramento is clinging to the 8 spot in the west. I doubt they move Boogie - though knowing how desperate and idiotic their ownership is, maybe the illogical is to be expected.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 12:03:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Dalllas makes out like a bandit in that trade.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip