Author Topic: Forbes article on Vucevic and Celtics  (Read 9182 times)

Re: Forbes article on Vucevic and Celtics
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 02:10:20 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Yuck.

He'll eat up most of our cap space. I would rather see what we got with Bogut.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 02:17:22 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Makes sense.   He'd definitely make us better and is cost controlled thru 2019.  I'd prefer Nurkic, but beggars can't be choosers.  Go get Vooch, Daniel.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 02:55:05 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 02:57:00 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Pro Vooch!

Think that he's everything that we wish Kelly was so whatever salary we decdicate will be offset by letting KO walk in 2017.

Gives Olynyk the opportunity to get overpaid by a team next year*cough Toronto* and solidifies Vucevic in what is IMO a position of need, a highly skilled floor stretching 4/5 with passing ability.

Tornonto feels like their biding their time to overpay the home country kid. Establishing a solid commitment to our frontcourt would help establish an identity which could easily be added to as opposed to being forcibly changed.

Maybe they could use Rozier as an Oladipo replacement. That + assets = 1 Green Vooch.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 03:50:48 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wait did that guy say Smart, KO, Mickey, Young and two first for Vucevic what a total over pay lol. I'd do like Zeller, Young and a single first. No way would I give up Smart or KO or two 1st for Vucevic. He's a nice young center but not a difference maker like Smart is or KO when KO is in attack mode. Vucevic is probably equal in value to AJ right now and that's because both the C's and Magic would like the cap space more then the player himself heading into the off season. No on that one.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 04:08:45 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
lol never happening. He's a stiff. Defense is no where and offense is mediocre.

No way Danny wastes anything on this bum.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 07:14:44 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
How does Vucevic move the needle for the Celtics, in any way?

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 07:34:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He's solid enough, but he doesn't move the needle much toward contention.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 07:48:46 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
i don't believe he eats up as much cap space as indicated.  he's on the hook for two more years at about 12.2 per.  looking at next year and the year after, there is plenty of cap space available.  he's a career 14/10 guy, so, yeah, i may give it a whirl, if a sixers deal can't be had...
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 08:06:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Wait did that guy say Smart, KO, Mickey, Young and two first for Vucevic what a total over pay lol. I'd do like Zeller, Young and a single first. No way would I give up Smart or KO or two 1st for Vucevic. He's a nice young center but not a difference maker like Smart is or KO when KO is in attack mode. Vucevic is probably equal in value to AJ right now and that's because both the C's and Magic would like the cap space more then the player himself heading into the off season. No on that one.
It was Vucevic and Payton for that package.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 08:14:48 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
You can argue on KO. we don't know what the Celtics are planning for him.

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 08:27:52 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Makes a ton of sense if we make another trade for a star. We have the contracts to maneuver two big name trades right now and I would rather Vucevic than KO moving forward; otherwise, as others have said, the cap space potential this offseason is much more important.

Also, no way on the pieces we would need to give up.

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 08:53:17 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
The Magic would have a young defensive minded and athletic point guard in Smart as well as the promising Mickey to go with the boost of two first-round picks in the future.

I can see the Celtics being interested in Vucevic but not Payton.  Plus I don't understand the proposed trade at all.  I would be fine with including Olynyk in the mix plus a non-Brooklyn pick with "the promising" Mickey (really?) and/or Young if that is what they wanted.  This all seems pretty speculative.

Vucevic was a very promising player just a year ago.  I have no idea what happened.  The player I remember from a year or so ago is just what the Celtics need.

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 09:00:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The Magic would have a young defensive minded and athletic point guard in Smart as well as the promising Mickey to go with the boost of two first-round picks in the future.

I can see the Celtics being interested in Vucevic but not Payton.  Plus I don't understand the proposed trade at all.  I would be fine with including Olynyk in the mix plus a non-Brooklyn pick with "the promising" Mickey (really?) and/or Young if that is what they wanted.  This all seems pretty speculative.

Vucevic was a very promising player just a year ago.  I have no idea what happened.  The player I remember from a year or so ago is just what the Celtics need.
I'm guessing he thinks that Boston would like a backup PG if it trades Smart and with Smart Orlando wouldn't need Payton. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 09:23:22 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Take out Smart and Payton. 

The 1st round picks cannot be from Brooklyn.   

I see the fit and the use.  I also see that the Celtics still have the pieces to go after a bigger trade later.