Author Topic: What is Isaiah Thomas's value now?  (Read 3833 times)

What is Isaiah Thomas's value now?
« on: December 27, 2016, 01:29:05 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Believe me, I don't want to trade him. But I was just curious as to what his value on the market would end up being.

Lets say the 76ers wanted to trade the Lakers or their pick for Thomas, for someone else, maybe some trade rights/picks and filler/sweetners, would you do it? I have to believe the 76ers are looking to start winning soon, putting a proven Allstar to put next to your franchise big men.

What do you think Isaiah Thomas's value is worth now, and if he generally does end up being an Allstar again this year, does his value increase considerably?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: What is Isaiah Thomas's value now?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 01:45:02 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
His value is at the max right now after deadline it will fall due to contract time left.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 03:34:57 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
His value is at the max right now after deadline it will fall due to contract time left.
I'd like to trade him and go in a different direction with the team....but that's nothing new.

This would be another direction lol.
DRaft: Fultz/Smith and draft Ayton in 2018
Trade before deadline:

AB
Okafor

Horford
Crowder
INGRAM
Deng*
Mozgov*
*eventually buy them out

IT
Jabari Parker

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 03:39:07 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd like to trade him and go in a different direction with the team....but that's nothing new.

Trade before deadline:

AB
Okafor

Horford
Crowder
INGRAM
Deng*
Mozgov*
*eventually buy them out

IT
Jabari Parker
Only the last one seems possible. Danny would not do those other trades.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 09:02:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
His value isn't that high because there aren't many teams that would want to acquire him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 09:09:28 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
More to us than to anybody else.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 10:26:55 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

I think that this is the problem in trading IT.  I could see him as part of a large deal for someone like Paul George or Cousins but I don't think we could be full value for him in a trade that is mostly about him.

I know that the longer we hold on to him, the more we risk losing him for "nothing" in free agency but I am OK with that.  He keeps us relevant for now and gives us a chance to see how the draft pick work out.

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 10:34:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Dallas would play the heck of the little guy .   Coaches not scard t run an offense with a small guard .  JJ Barrera was a big cog in their title .

Little dude that can ball like IT can get the job done. 

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 11:04:01 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

Trade before deadline:

AB
Okafor

Horford
Crowder
INGRAM
Deng*
*eventually buy them out

IT
Jabari Parker

Considering his contract is equal in length and only a couple million more than Okafor's, Bradley is worth at least 5, maybe 10 times more than Okafor is. We're talking about a borderline All-Star level player, who's an All-NBA defender and has been called "the greatest perimeter defender in the league" by a bunch of his peers versus a guy who had been coming off the bench on one of the leagues worst teams and who's only high level basketball skill is post-up offense.

We're at the point now where Philly would be lucky to get a Rozier/Mickey/LAC 1st package for Okafor/Noel. They won't sniff a player as good as Avery Bradley for either one.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
IT's value is high because we don't win without him. Seriously, the disrespect in this thread. Ya'll should be ashamed. IT could easily fetch you another above average starter but why would you even try to get rid off the best 4th quarter scorer in the NBA? It's lunacy.

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
His value isn't that high because there aren't many teams that would want to acquire him.

You don't think all those teams under .500 would want IT on their team right now?

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 11:18:46 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

I would say that this is more likely the reason you don't get on par value for Thomas, or why we would overpay him as an FA. 

Thomas really is perfect for this team, the city, and his role.  I think Danny new all along that he would be a perfect fit for both what Brad was trying to do offensively and what the league requires to win - 4th quarter scoring.

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 11:23:11 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

You don't think all those teams under .500 would want IT on their team right now?
The only teams with assets who he makes sense for are Milwaukee and Philly(if you squint)

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I proposed this type of trade awhile ago, and I really think something like this is the only way Thomas gets traded

Boston - Wall, Gortat
Washington - Johnson, Jerekbo, Young, Hernangomez, Mudiay, 2018 Boston 1st (top five protected), Memphis 1st, 2017 Denver 1st (top ten protected)
Denver - Thomas

Washington goes into full on rebuilding by acquiring Mudiay, Hernangomez, Yabu or Zizic, and a few 1sts and gets out from under Gortat's contract.  Denver goes into win now mode by acquiring Thomas.  Boston upgrades the PG and C positions to try and build a real contender (and still keeps the Brooklyn picks though 2018 could only be traded on draft day). 

So post-trade Boston looks like this (with 2 open roster spots)

PG - Wall, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Smart, Green
SF - Crowder, Brown
PF - Horford, Olynyk, Mickey
C - Gortat, Zeller

I don't think Washington is going to trade Wall, but if they do I think that is a reasonable trade for them depending on what they think of Mudiay.  I think Denver might do this as they are on the cusp of the playoffs and they may think acquiring Thomas gets them there.  Boston takes a big step closer to Cleveland and should move ahead of Toronto for the 2nd best team in the East.

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 11:31:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Very few.  Milwaukee, Indiana, Dallas, and Denver really are the only ones that make sense (and even Indiana is a bit of stretch since they have Teague, who while not as good as Thomas, isn't a bad player so the cost of the upgrade probably isn't worth it for them).  Sacramento possibly as well, but there is some bad blood there so I'm not sure that is realistic.  No one else makes any sort of real sense even if Thomas is an upgrade.  Take Minnesota, Thomas is clearly an upgrade on Rubio, but Thomas is a similar player to Lavine and Wiggins i.e. excellent offensive player not a good defender.  The Wolves need a big strong defender at the point, that is not Thomas.  The Sixers, Suns, etc. are still rebuilding so acquiring Thomas makes no sense.