Poll

Who do you take with the #2 pick if Fultz is gone

Lonzo Ball
Josh Jackson
Dennis Smith JR
Malik Monk
Jason Tatum
Harry Giles

Author Topic: Poll: Celtics select #2 Next year. Who ya got  (Read 11923 times)

Re: Poll: Celtics select #2 Next year. Who ya got
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2016, 05:51:11 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I chose Taytum, I believe his game and physical profile will translate well to the NBA immediatly. We're close to a deep playoff run, let's bring in someone who can play right away.

But by that same logic Malik Monk could probably come in and have an immediate impact. I'd be fine with either on of those two. Would even support Danny going nuts and pulling out a wild pick for a Jonathan Isaacs or Hamidou Diallo, but overall Tatum or Monk probably make the most sense.

I think Lonzo Ball is going to be a dynamic player I just want to see it from someone else's team.

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2016, 06:19:57 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Very true but as with Jaylen I dont hold the seasons against the player. A guy like Tatum has had NBA level talent for a few years. He could show me more this year but having seen him for a few years now I know he is at least an NBA player.

The tourney should have very little impact on these guys. A hot tourney should not persuade a team to take a player. Tatum and Jackson have been watched so many times already throughout their career on big stages that the tourney shouldnt make much of a difference.

It's really interesting that Tatum has the lead for the #2 pick here. He's a great prospect, but I believe the fact he's 6'8" and not a PG definitely plays a part in that, not sure he's the BPA.

People have the misconception that our guard rotation is set in stone.

I think come Tournament time we'll have a clearer picture on who's the best out of these pups. That's who I want the C's to pick anyways.

I meant that as in the sample size of games played will be bigger.

I don't get it with Tatum he looks like a below the rim athlete who's feasting on smaller players and he's not shooting lights out or setting teammates up for shots enough to say that he could do something other than throw his body around a la Marcus Smart as a niche in the NBA. Hell, Monk putting up 47 points at 6'3" is quite impressive even though the college game has 6'3" guys playing SF, so theres some context for ya. People worried about wingspan and size need to see just how fast he gets up for a shot.

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

TP to the last two posters Smartacus and Celtic.

Not sure I wanna see Ball, Ball out for another team though. Players like him don't come around often. And I think he could elevate all of our players when he's in the game.

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2016, 06:37:53 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
After 2.5 years  of smart/young puns I am ruling out Lonzo Ball strictly on his last name.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2016, 11:32:05 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 My favorite poll in a while. Great voting fellas. TPS all the way around.

I think the top three, in this poll, is right on the money. My people know what they are talking about.

Though my order differs slightly.

With Fultz gone my board currently is.

Lonzo Ball
 Josh Jackson
 Taytum

Even though I'm not a huge Jackson fan. The thought of him joining the Celtics is awesome.

He was the first prospect I wanted based on h I a height, Athleticism,  and style of play.

With Smart, Avery, Brown, Jackson, Crowder that team is going to be hard to deal with. Too much sauce.

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2016, 11:58:09 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I like Tatum as a better fit with us than Jackson, esp if we keep JB. Jackson and JB seem similar to me. Tatum has a more refined offensive game than both, and I think can contribute as a scorer more quickly.

Assuming we don't trade IT or Horford, our top assets would include:

-Tatum/Fultz/Jackson/Giles
-Brown
-Smart
-Bradley
-18 BKN pick
-Rozier

On a championship team, I think IT and Horford are the 2nd and 4th options, respectively. All of the assets above (and any combination) should be considered available to get a legit #1 option.

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2016, 12:26:14 AM »

Offline crud2k

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
I watched a lot of video of the different players and the only player who is super quick/explosive and uber athletic is smith.
check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qZZfHjg6TA
he looks like has a high high upside and and is uber explosive wand worth a top draft pick.
I  do not get why people like fultz he is not quick or athletic and just scores a lot.
Ainge loves PGS who are exposive and super fast like Rondo and Rozier.
We don't need another SF with the same skill set as Brown.
I was suprised Smith hasn't gotten many votes but he is not on a team that is on TV a lot like Kentucky or Duke so people may not see him play but start watching videos.
Last year I predicted Ainge would pick Brown  due similar reasons and has a chance to be star some day due to explosive athleticism.

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2016, 01:51:03 AM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
After 2.5 years  of smart/young puns I am ruling out Lonzo Ball strictly on his last name.
I swear there are so many casual NBA fans that say a smart pun and think they are the first one to say it, its the most annoying thing ever
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2016, 05:28:02 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I swear there are so many casual NBA fans that say a smart pun and think they are the first one to say it, its the most annoying thing ever

I hear ya, but that could Lonzo kid, he can really Ball..

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2016, 12:53:58 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Monk putting up 47 does not surprise me or move the needle much for me. He has always been a great scorer that can score in bunches. I dont see anything so far that would lead me to pick him over more well rounded players like Tatum and Jackson.

Very true but as with Jaylen I dont hold the seasons against the player. A guy like Tatum has had NBA level talent for a few years. He could show me more this year but having seen him for a few years now I know he is at least an NBA player.

The tourney should have very little impact on these guys. A hot tourney should not persuade a team to take a player. Tatum and Jackson have been watched so many times already throughout their career on big stages that the tourney shouldnt make much of a difference.

It's really interesting that Tatum has the lead for the #2 pick here. He's a great prospect, but I believe the fact he's 6'8" and not a PG definitely plays a part in that, not sure he's the BPA.

People have the misconception that our guard rotation is set in stone.

I think come Tournament time we'll have a clearer picture on who's the best out of these pups. That's who I want the C's to pick anyways.

I meant that as in the sample size of games played will be bigger.

I don't get it with Tatum he looks like a below the rim athlete who's feasting on smaller players and he's not shooting lights out or setting teammates up for shots enough to say that he could do something other than throw his body around a la Marcus Smart as a niche in the NBA. Hell, Monk putting up 47 points at 6'3" is quite impressive even though the college game has 6'3" guys playing SF, so theres some context for ya. People worried about wingspan and size need to see just how fast he gets up for a shot.

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I went with best player available and so I picked London Ball. I don't think he will be an elite scorer which is what the celtics need, but he really is the closest thing to Jason Kidd. And he's really tall so I would take him. Players like him win.

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2017, 11:31:46 AM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Has anyone's opinion changed over the past month?

I don't think Ball would fit well with this group, don't think you could play him and IT at the same time.  For that reason, I went with Jackson but also wouldn't be disappointed with Tatum at #2.

Still really hoping for Fultz, he would be an instant contributor next season and I think could be the first rookie 6MOY since Ben Gordon.

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

I don't think Ball would fit well with this group, don't think you could play him and IT at the same time.  For that reason, I went with Jackson but also wouldn't be disappointed with Tatum at #2.

Still really hoping for Fultz, he would be an instant contributor next season and I think could be the first rookie 6MOY since Ben Gordon.

I really do think that the best case scenario coming out of this draft is that Lonzo Ball can be Brad Stevens' own Tom Brady. The second best is Fultz is the next Harden. 3rd best is Ainge takes another flier on another athletic freak with skills. Not all bad IMO.

Ball will allow IT4 to run and beat his man down the court, which I think is possible seeing how fast IT moves with the ball. It's all about running and spacing the floor with both Stevens and the Ball family anyway.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:48:46 AM by CelticGuardian »

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2017, 12:10:45 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Jonathan Isaac!!!  He is currently UP to #4!!!

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

Smitty77

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2017, 12:12:23 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I put Tatum at two when I first answered. I thought he could be a go to scorer. Since watching him more, I realized that his athleticism was not at the level that it was advertised at before he came to college.

Right now I would take Jackson 2nd, because he's the best athlete at a position that is the most valuable in the league. With so many good pg in the league and a few more good pg prospects coming out this year, wing is a lot more valuable in the NBA than the pg position, epsecially when you consider wings can usually play multiple positions.

His defense could probably help us immediately, and if his shooting comes along he could be a star.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19