Poll

Who do you take with the #2 pick if Fultz is gone

Lonzo Ball
Josh Jackson
Dennis Smith JR
Malik Monk
Jason Tatum
Harry Giles

Author Topic: Poll: Celtics select #2 Next year. Who ya got  (Read 12007 times)

Re: Poll: Celtics select #2 Next year. Who ya got
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2016, 09:21:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I think Tatum or Malik Monk would be my picks.

I would be very hesitant on seeing who would want to trade down for Giles, only because I feel like Giles would be in the perfect situation to take his time and develop his game.
if giles is truly healthy, he goes #1. if he is truly healthy and available at #2 the celtics take him in a heart beat. if philly is picking #1, this scenario is possible.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2016, 09:26:37 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I would be very hesitant on seeing who would want to trade down for Giles, only because I feel like Giles would be in the perfect situation to take his time and develop his game.
if giles is truly healthy, he goes #1. if he is truly healthy and available at #2 the celtics take him in a heart beat. if philly is picking #1, this scenario is possible.

I think if Giles is healthy, you got to take him 2nd. But I would hesitate.

Problem with players like Giles, is its repeated history, so I would really question if he's worth the risk.

Who were you thinking of as your binkies, hwangjini_1? Top picks?

For some weird reason, I always had this odd feeling the 76ers were going to draft Giles, or an sleeper team would swoop in with the 1st pick instead.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2016, 09:59:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

I think if Giles is healthy, you got to take him 2nd. But I would hesitate.

Problem with players like Giles, is its repeated history, so I would really question if he's worth the risk.

Who were you thinking of as your binkies, hwangjini_1? Top picks?

For some weird reason, I always had this odd feeling the 76ers were going to draft Giles, or an sleeper team would swoop in with the 1st pick instead.
your point is value on giles. is he healthy? if so, celtics take him if possible. both ability and fit are great. if not, then we will have to trust ainge and the boston docs' opinions on him.

my binkies? a healthy giles. after that fultz. just so much ability. after that i have no strong convictions, though tatum does look very very good.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 01:26:09 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Too tough to call right now. I hope Giles really breaks out and checks out medically, because his theoretical skillet would be a perfect fit.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 01:44:17 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Too tough to call right now. I hope Giles really breaks out and checks out medically, because his theoretical skillet would be a perfect fit.

He is slotted at #13 by DraftExpress as of 12/5.  You don't want to draft a kid that has blown out both knees by age 18 -- recipe for disaster, and too many other fine prospects this year.  BPA doesn't mean you're locked in to a guy at any one position, ya know?

I'd take a flier on Tatum, followed by Smith Jr., Monk, and Jackson (former favorite, semi redundant with Brown).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 01:51:18 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 01:49:29 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Haven't read up or watched nearly enough to make anything close to an educated statement but a healthy Harry Giles would be beautiful and Tatum is very intriguing.

From what I've seen of the point guards (not that much) I think they are a bit overhyped. Seems to be a lot of really good point guards without any standing out as great.

Again that evaluation (especially on the point gaurds) is fairly unbased.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 01:49:52 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I'll pick whoever the Kings want for Cousins.

Agree. I'll take whatever player any team wants for a superstar.

If Danny can't pull such a move, I like Giles for the Celtics, even if they get #1. He has the most interesting upside, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 01:57:35 AM by green_bballers13 »

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 01:55:25 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Agree. I'll take whatever pick any team wants for a superstar.

If Danny can't pull such a move, I like Giles for the Celtics, even if they get #1. He has the most interesting upside, in my opinion.

He lacks offensive polish (despite the CWebb comps) and relies heavily on agility and athleticism.  He has ridiculous upside, hypothetically, but has blown out both knees by age 18.  You'd seriously take him at #2?  Seems like we're all just dying for a legit big around here, but fortunately, plenty may be available via trade right now.

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2016, 01:57:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Harry Giles. Plain and simple.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2016, 02:00:05 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
There's plenty of college basketball to be played, so I think things can change for draft rankings.

For the HS class of 2016, I like (in this order):

Giles
Fultz
Tatum
Ball
Monk
Jackson
Isaac

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2016, 02:09:39 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

He lacks offensive polish (despite the CWebb comps) and relies heavily on agility and athleticism.  He has ridiculous upside, hypothetically, but has blown out both knees by age 18.  You'd seriously take him at #2?  Seems like we're all just dying for a legit big around here, but fortunately, plenty may be available via trade right now.

Not only would I seriously pick him at 2, I'd pick him at 1. He was considered to be the #1 player after graduating HS, and I haven't seen much that has changed in college so far.

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2016, 02:22:52 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Not only would I seriously pick him at 2, I'd pick him at 1. He was considered to be the #1 player after graduating HS, and I haven't seen much that has changed in college so far.

Where's your intel coming from? We're forming impressions based on a fraction of a college season, and as of 5 fays ago, Giles hadn't played basketball for over a year.  We should probably watch him for a while before jumping to conclusions (i.e., #2 pick), don't you think?

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2016, 02:28:41 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
My big board is:

1. Jaysom Tatum
2. Dennis Smith Jr.
3. Harry Giles

You take Jaysom Tatum because he's such a great all-around player already. Not only is he an advanced scorer at such a young age, I'm talking he could easily average 15/17 PPG on a lottery squad as a primary option in his rookie year, but he is also actually a pretty solid defender with plenty of room to get better and become a star for this franchise. A good comparison for Tatum is a slightly less athletic Paul George.

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2016, 02:32:45 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Where's your intel coming from? We're forming impressions based on a fraction of a college season, and as of 5 fays ago, Giles hadn't played basketball for over a year.  We should probably watch him for a while before jumping to conclusions (i.e., #2 pick), don't you think?

I agree. I feel the same way about a lot of the other "top" picks. I'm excited for March Madness to see what players step it up against top competition when it matters.

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2016, 07:16:58 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Right now Malik Monk..guy is the real deal folks..but still early but we need a big guy also
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin