Author Topic: Trade Idea: Serge Ibaka  (Read 942 times)

Trade Idea: Serge Ibaka
« on: December 25, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Pretty straight forward idea.

The good side:

Currently averaging 15.3 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.8 blocks with a 49/41/82 shooting splits.

Serge Ibaka would easily upgrade our PF position. His ability to hit three's would space our floor even wider. His scoring would provide us an extra scoring boost. And we don't have to talk about his defense and rim protection traits.

Al Horford and Serge Ibaka would be a sweet big man combo too.

The bad side:

He has one year left on his contract, and might be due to a big money deal next season.

The logical trade would be a Ibaka for Amir Johnson + others swap. The question is, would you be willing to give up some more for Ibaka? If so, what would you be willing to add?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Re: Trade Idea: Serge Ibaka
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 12:24:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Doubt the Magic do it considering they gave up a lot just to get Ibaka.

Also, I reckon the Magic can try to keep Ibaka on a big contract. Do you think the Celtics want to max out Ibaka after this season?

He may be one of the more realistic options in FA with Hayward and Griffin staying put, but I don't think Ainge wants to use up the rest of the cap on Ibaka.

In a hypothetical deal though, I wouldn't mind giving up a 2018 Boston First Rounder and a 2017 Second Rounder. Nothing more though. I don't think the Magic do it though. Ibaka is a rental however, which is why Boston won't give up a ton. Ainge has already said he doesn't want to make a "costly short-term fix".
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller