Author Topic: Magic looking to move Vucevic  (Read 2490 times)

Magic looking to move Vucevic
« on: December 24, 2016, 06:06:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1191809

Though he'd certainly help our rebounding and interior scoring issues, I'm not too keen on trying to get him with his defensive deficiencies and how much it'd cost to get him. However, I know some of you are much higher on him than I am, so it may be worth a shot, depending upon the price.

Re: Magic looking to move Vucevic
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 03:38:14 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Zeller, Young, and Grizz 1st is about all I'd give up. Not a big fan and he hurts our cap space. But he could boost his value and be a trade chip in off season while also helping us this year.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Watching the Cavs/Warriors game right now.

Short-term, Vucevic isn't helping us beat either of those clubs. Long-term, he's a burden on the cap.

We'd also have to use some expiring contracts to get him, meaning we wouldn't have those contracts to trade later on for a star. Rather maintain flexibility for a big fish.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 08:10:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Zeller, Young, and Grizz 1st is about all I'd give up. Not a big fan and he hurts our cap space. But he could boost his value and be a trade chip in off season while also helping us this year.
What is Boston using the cap space on?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 08:13:54 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Horford #2.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 09:01:28 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Horford #2.
which is whom?

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 09:21:36 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Horford #2.
which is whom?

Not Vucevic that's for sure.

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 10:38:37 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Though he'd certainly help our rebounding and interior scoring issues, I'm not too keen on trying to get him with his defensive deficiencies and how much it'd cost to get him. However, I know some of you are much higher on him than I am, so it may be worth a shot, depending upon the price.

Yeah , I'm not willing to kiss the chance at Boogie or George good bye over him....... he will eat too much cap space.   Al is better role model and leader for Boogie or young guys.

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 10:40:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Horford #2.
which is whom?

Not Vucevic that's for sure.
But who is it?  Boston will have cap space this summer and this summer only.  Who is Boston spending it on?  If you can't come up with a realistic reasonable answer, then there is no reason not to make a trade to improve the team.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 10:40:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Yeah , I'm not willing to kiss the chance at Boogie or George good bye over him....... he will eat too much cap space.   Al is better role model and leader for Boogie or young guys.
Boogie and George would have to be acquired via trade.  Cap space isn't an issue in a trade. 

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 02:19:35 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
He sucks defensively. He's been moved to a lottery team's bench because he isn't making a winning difference in games.

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 02:25:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He would beef the team up ,  as a steady player and we'd continue to beat up teams below us with more authority .......but he does not bring enough to the table to even the Celtics up head to head with the Warriors , Cavs , Spurs .  ......we need a guy who can take over a game in the post

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 02:44:18 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
This year's Trade Deadline is gonna be huge for us.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I used to be a big fan, but then his offensive production fell off a cliff. And since his offensive production is what makes him a viable NBA starter... that's probably a no unless they're giving him away.

His contract is fairly cheap but does run through 2019.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 02:50:20 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Are there still folks living this pipe dream?  ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."