Author Topic: Would Cousins attitude change in a winning environment ?  (Read 7387 times)

Would Cousins attitude change in a winning environment ?
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:02:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Plus Horford, AB leadership. IT4 has said he can tame the big fella as well

So the Celts grab him. Outside of "stats" nobody knows how he will deal with cbs no nonsense coaching. The tough Celtics fans/media.... I mean it could turn ugly.

On the flipside he will finally play for a winning/playoff bound team. The the team will also benefit (stats wise at min). There was never much bad noise when he played for team USA in the off season. Then again ,there is not much media to deal with and in addition , what is there to be sad about? Just winning left and right

Imo if Cousins came over , I dont think CBS will have much influence on him.  But Horford, AB, IT4 would be key to "tame"  the big guy.   When it comes to foul calls, ref bs,  media being tough.   A good habit/self control must start from the start

Guessing Danny is hoping right now more options become available. But there has been very little noise in the trade market. (No KG, Ray Allen situation). As well I'm sure he has one eye on the upcoming 2017 draft prospects .  Giles being one of them. 

IF ainge and staff feel no super super star(s) are coming out of the 2017 draft, no other trade options available maybe he will bite the bullet and take a chance on Cousins.

Trade possibility

To Sac: 2017 nets 1st, 2018 Celtics 1st,  Amir, Zeller, Rozier, Zizic, Young

To Celtics : Cousins, Butler, Casspi, Collison

Re: Would Cousins attitude change in a winning environment ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The fact is, no one knows how Cousins would act in Boston. I prefer to think he'd improve, and by quite a lot, because of the veteran leadership of guys like Horford, Crowder, AB, and IT, and because of a great organizational culture, and because of a winning team.

I also think—and this is based only on my impressions of Ainge, not on any "insider information"—that Cousins doesn't scare Ainge in the least. I think Danny wants him and is ready to pull the trigger as long as he can get what he considers to be a fair price.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 10:37:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The fact is, no one knows how Cousins would act in Boston. I prefer to think he'd improve, and by quite a lot, because of the veteran leadership of guys like Horford, Crowder, AB, and IT, and because of a great organizational culture, and because of a winning team.

I also think—and this is based only on my impressions of Ainge, not on any "insider information"—that Cousins doesn't scare Ainge in the least. I think Danny wants him and is ready to pull the trigger as long as he can get what he considers to be a fair price.

Good points

Fair price no doubt will include the 2017 nets pick... Precious to many here...

If they want 2017 nets pick, brown, smart... Danny hangs up the phone

I think the package I propose above could do it... Depends how sick and tired the Kings management is/dealing witn cousins plus lack of interest around the league

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 10:45:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
'17 BKN pick and Smart are the minimum - Sac desperately needs leadership - and Ainge would be more than happy to give those two pieces up in a Cousins deal. My guess is that Sac also wants Brown and likely the '18 BKN pick, which just isn't happening.

And, yes, I definitely think Cousins' attitude would change in Boston; he knows nothing, but mediocrity. He is hardly a model citizen, but winning solves all (or mostly all).

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 10:46:08 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I don't think his problems would go away, but I do think his attitude would improve in a new scenery with an excellent organization and winning culture.  I also don't think Ainge would worry much about him.  I remember Ainge tackling and throwing punches at Tree Rollins and a lot of other fights he and his teammates were in during the 80s.  Spitting a mouth guard in someone's direction is nothing compared to a McHale clothesline.

Look at 1:03 in this video.  Imagine if Cousins did that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxMh7FSGM14
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:52:35 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 12:59:01 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Cousins is not worth risking the entire rebuild on.  He's not a neurotic or a psychotic, but he seems to struggle with a personality disorder, and it's very very hard to convince such a person that there is actually anything wrong with him or his behavior.  He and IT were friends at first, but by the time the latter was sent packing, they were regularly insulting each other on Twitter. 

Trading for Cousins would be akin to transplanting a tumor-ridden organ into your own body. 

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 03:17:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Cousins is not worth risking the entire rebuild on.  He's not a neurotic or a psychotic, but he seems to struggle with a personality disorder, and it's very very hard to convince such a person that there is actually anything wrong with him or his behavior.  He and IT were friends at first, but by the time the latter was sent packing, they were regularly insulting each other on Twitter. 

Trading for Cousins would be akin to transplanting a tumor-ridden organ into your own body.
This. Go for a guy like Griffin or Favors (if it's favors I would like to keep both brk picks)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 06:23:44 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Butler has been waived and stretched. I don't think he's on the team. Is there some obscure rule that allows them to include him in a trade?

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 06:39:23 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Then again you have incidents like this that makes you cringe

'DeMarcus Cousins takes a not-so-subtle jab at George Karl for slighting Seth ...'

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 07:10:11 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
'17 BKN pick and Smart are the minimum - Sac desperately needs leadership - and Ainge would be more than happy to give those two pieces up in a Cousins deal. My guess is that Sac also wants Brown and likely the '18 BKN pick, which just isn't happening.

And, yes, I definitely think Cousins' attitude would change in Boston; he knows nothing, but mediocrity. He is hardly a model citizen, but winning solves all (or mostly all).
Agree mostly. They may not trade him and see how it plays out, but if they do, I think that it will take this kind of package of picks and players.The problem appears to be one incompetent team management vs one GM who wants to lowball them for a top ten player.

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 08:18:57 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
As others have said, there's no way of knowing. That said, talent like his is very hard to acquire and rarely is available unless there are questions like these, so it's likely worth rolling the dice.

Still, while I think Stevens has established a great culture here and IT, Horford, and Bradley are savvy vets, I don't quite have the same faith I did in the team's ability to reign a wildcard like Cousins in that I did when the Big Three (particularly KG) were here.

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 08:29:56 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Still, while I think Stevens has established a great culture here and IT, Horford, and Bradley are savvy vets, I don't quite have the same faith I did in the team's ability to reign a wildcard like Cousins in that I did when the Big Three (particularly KG) were here.

Well KG, Paul and Alen were HOFs while IT Horford and co are barely All stars. Not to mention that nobody has a personality remotely close to KG. It s not easy to replicate something like this.

Other than Pop's San Antonio is there another team that can handle Cousins? Possibly GSW ... Who else ? I think the Cs are in a good position to keep him in order even without a KG-like iron fist.

Imho Cousins is too good to reject him that easy.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 09:11:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Well KG, Paul and Alen were HOFs while IT Horford and co are barely All stars. Not to mention that nobody has a personality remotely close to KG. It s not easy to replicate something like this.

Other than Pop's San Antonio is there another team that can handle Cousins? Possibly GSW ... Who else ? I think the Cs are in a good position to keep him in order even without a KG-like iron fist.

Imho Cousins is too good to reject him that easy.

True and true..unfortunately on the flipside horford looks too nice of a guy

IT4 has a strong personality but doesnt strike me as a leader type

AB, again another nice guy

CBS is a no nonsense coach. He doesnt suck up, or wont defend you if its your bad... Thats how I portray him to be.
Cousins on the other hand wants backup... Mike malone was the perfect coach for him

If KG was here ,  i would feel confident he could tame cousins . Just look at kg , crazy eyes

I think lebron and draymond green for some reason would be able to control cousins too

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 11:29:23 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Cousins is so crazy I'm not sure he can be controlled but KG would have been the best person for that job.  I could see KG really disliking Cousins though- not so much for the temper tantrums and outbursts, but because he constantly takes plays off when he gets frustrated.  Maybe KG would make him cry Big Baby style, which wouldn't be that much of a leap from how Cousins looks when he's frustrated.  He already looks 3/4 of the way to crying.

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 11:33:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Cousins is so crazy I'm not sure he can be controlled but KG would have been the best person for that job.  I could see KG really disliking Cousins though- not so much for the temper tantrums and outbursts, but because he constantly takes plays off when he gets frustrated.  Maybe KG would make him cry Big Baby style, which wouldn't be that much of a leap from how Cousins looks when he's frustrated.  He already looks 3/4 of the way to crying.

😂😂😂😆😂