Author Topic: Cousin's drops 55, ejected for spitting mouthpiece at the Bench  (Read 12630 times)

Re: Cousin's drops 55, ejected for spitting mouthpiece at the Bench
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2016, 11:53:01 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
*The mouthpiece was deliberate, but I don't care about that.  What I care about is his sprinting off the court like a 5 year-old when he didn't get his away, only to come back relatively calm (till cameras were in front of him again for an interview) once he did.  That's next level immaturity.  Imagine him in our locker room? We don't even have it together yet... not even close.  I'm not sure Brad could discipline a baby doe, either.

I find this view odd.  I don't care about the mouth guard thing either (and many players from Steph Curry to Amir Johnson have had worse mouth guard incidents than that).  But the way he exited the court?  If anything I thought that showed complete self control and discipline (at least for a brief moment).

This is the NBA after all, where we've seen players have to be held back from arguing with the refs after an ejection, or roll their eyes as they take their sweet time to leave, refuse to leave the court, make obscene gestures on their way out, throw their jersey into the crowd, kick the ball into the stands, etc.  And you have a problem with him just running off the court instead?  Personally, I feel like that's the best way to handle it.  I have no idea what went through his head, but my guess is it was something like, "if I stick around I'm going blow up and get fined/suspended, let me leave the court NOW before I do something stupid."  Again if I had to guess, I'd say he channeled his anger into running off the court instead of yelling at the refs.

Out of all ways I've seen players handle ejections in the NBA, I feel like just running off the court is better than 90% of them.  Had he not just run off the court, and instead cussed the refs out or made a big scene out of it, do you think they would have reversed the call?  I don't.

A lot of places we can call out Cousins for immaturity, I don't think running off the court is even close to one of them.

(I do think it would be hilarious if he threw his jersey into the crowd, only to have the call reversed though, ha).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:11:21 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2016, 11:56:02 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Belichick has a sign over the Patriots' locker room door: "IGNORE THE MEDIA."

Too bad the Kings--a bad organization--don't do the same.

Cousins has a thin skin, and he does not ignore the media. Mistake.

If he did, maybe they would highlight him scoring 55 pts instead of spitting out his mouthpiece.

In one sense, this is a blessing. because organizations often kowtow to the media and unload a player like this for 20 cents on the dollar. Usually to NY or LA.

Maybe the Celtics will get lucky and get him for cheap now. And maybe Stevens will channel Boogie's hostility to make the Celtics the toughest team in the NBA.

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2016, 11:58:09 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I hate to snitch, but why is this in Celtic's Talk?

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2016, 12:04:47 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Belichick has a sign over the Patriots' locker room door: "IGNORE THE MEDIA."

Too bad the Kings--a bad organization--don't do the same.

Cousins has a thin skin, and he does not ignore the media. Mistake.

If he did, maybe they would highlight him scoring 55 pts instead of spitting out his mouthpiece.

In one sense, this is a blessing. because organizations often kowtow to the media and unload a player like this for 20 cents on the dollar. Usually to NY or LA.

Maybe the Celtics will get lucky and get him for cheap now. And maybe Stevens will channel Boogie's hostility to make the Celtics the toughest team in the NBA.

nice.  I concur with this.  I disagree in ways that boogie has a thin skin though.  He puts up huge numbers and then just unleashes things that the media eats up.  I dont know if its him or the media that ahs a thin skin.  It's both. Boogie does need to do  a better job harnessing that. 

Easier said than done sometimes though when he does and his team doesnt have his back. Thats what i think is most pathetic about the kings in those videos its like which side are they on.  His or the media.  Seems like they just let the media in and do whatever they want regardless of if Boogie ignores them or not.

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2016, 12:08:33 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
*The mouthpiece was deliberate, but I don't care about that.  What I care about is his sprinting off the court like a 5 year-old when he didn't get his away, only to come back relatively calm (till cameras were in front of him again for an interview) once he did.  That's next level immaturity.  Imagine him in our locker room? We don't even have it together yet... not even close.  I'm not sure Brad could discipline a baby doe, either.

He apparently sprinted of the court to prevent himself from doing something stupid which I can understand.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/21/demarcus-cousins-scores-55-gets-ejected-gets-un-ejected-then-rants-after-game/

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2016, 12:09:11 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I have no doubt that Cousins has emotional issues and needs to learn to control himself.

But the thing I'd like his detractors to do is try imagining themselves in his situation:

• An enormous talent but stuck in the NBA's version of Siberia
• Playing for an organization that doesn't know what it's doing and doesn't seem like it has any interest in wanting to know what to do
• Being the only significant sports figure in town, meaning every wrong move—even every perceived wrong move—is fodder for local media who quite literally have nothing else to talk about

How would you feel in that situation? Pretty crappy, is my guess.

I really feel that any good team that could acquire Cousins would be like the Lakers when they got Shaq—really freakin' good. A team featuring Cousins, Horford, and IT, along with a couple of good young players, would be a legitimate challenge to Cleveland in the East and any team in the West, and would be so for the next several years.

Or, we can keep hoping that Smart learns how to shoot.

Or that Brown or one of the team's next two or three draft picks becomes as dominant as Cousins—which seems unlikely, especially given that Danny seems much better at trading for and signing talent than drafting it.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2016, 12:16:15 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I don't know some teams are really bad at letting the media run rampant all over their star players.  The Dallas Cowboys love the media circus for example. The Patriots are the exact opposite.

I don't know if LA would be good for Cousins.  I think here is just as good although he might rub some people the wrong way here. 

Boogie doesn't bother me that much I know that.

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2016, 12:16:49 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I hate to snitch, but why is this in Celtic's Talk?

Maybe because Cousins-to-Boston rumors have been going on for like 3 years?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Honestly, if Cousins did come here, I wouldn't mind if he trash talked Felger and Mazz in Boston's media. LOL I would PAY to see that happen. Anything to shut those morons up.

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Honestly, if Cousins did come here, I wouldn't mind if he trash talked Felger and Mazz in Boston's media. LOL I would PAY to see that happen. Anything to shut those morons up.
those guy are TERRIBLE (in tommy's voice)
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2016, 12:21:23 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I'd love that! Felger and Mazz are bigger Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s than Skip Bayless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mHXrnsCc4

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2016, 12:23:32 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Mazz can be "okay" SOMETIMES (which is only like 10% of the time). Felger though is a complete moron. It's to the point where he rages at anyone who says anything positive about a Boston Sports Team (example: Carrabis and the Red Sox - Carrabis tries to be positive, Felger tries to shut him down because he's an idiot).

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2016, 12:25:25 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I'd love that! Felger and Mazz are bigger ****s than Skip Bayless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mHXrnsCc4

True but Skip I thought was pure entertainment lol. The rants about Tebow that S.A.S and Skip had were LEGENDARY. Stephen A. Smith's reactions were always amazing and you could tell Skip was just trolling some of the time.

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Mazz can be "okay" SOMETIMES (which is only like 10% of the time). Felger though is a complete moron. It's to the point where he rages at anyone who says anything positive about a Boston Sports Team (example: Carrabis and the Red Sox - Carrabis tries to be positive, Felger tries to shut him down because he's an idiot).
Mazz has, hands down, the worst voice on radio.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2016, 12:29:07 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
The issue with the media is they don't do what these guys do and aren't in the lockerroom a lot of the time.  Some of them report and try to learn others think they know more than the team does when they aren't there and just try to get under these guys skin.  Others don't realize they aren't really knowledgable and are supposed to be reporting on these teams.

I can understand some organizations are pretty bad and coaches but celtics are a good organization.

Boogie is easy prey in Sac because they aren't a good organization. The media can basically do whatever they want.

Boogie is a young player and is basically doing the same.