Author Topic: Cousin's drops 55, ejected for spitting mouthpiece at the Bench  (Read 12632 times)

Re: Cousin's drops 55, ejected for spitting mouthpiece at the Bench
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2016, 10:52:34 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He was later unejected and it was deemed that the mouthguard came out by accident.  He was jarriing at the bench after making a big shot which is a bit annoying.  I don't think he spit his mouthguard though.

more just kind of  gross.  I wonder if Boogie chews with his mouth open too.

You just need to watch the video -- he clearly spit out his mouthpiece in taunting fashion.

Here's the thing: We knew he had attitude issues.  He has always carried himself like a man-child... he pouts, he throws tantrums, he's disrespectful to everyone... but he has crossed lines that, IMO, will keep Ainge from pursuing at this point.  This is obviously just my opinion, but I'd be shocked if we traded for him at this point. 

In the past week (this is recent night-club incident aside):

*He literally "bucked up" on a 50+ year old, small man because he didn't like what he had written about his brother.  Has any one seen an NBA player do this before? I genuinely have not.  It's not only childish, he was really threatening in his action.  Regardless of his involvement in the night-club incident, it's clear as day he has the ability to act out in anger in a really stupid, troubling way.

*The mouthpiece was deliberate, but I don't care about that.  What I care about is his sprinting off the court like a 5 year-old when he didn't get his away, only to come back relatively calm (till cameras were in front of him again for an interview) once he did.  That's next level immaturity.  Imagine him in our locker room? We don't even have it together yet... not even close.  I'm not sure Brad could discipline a baby doe, either.

Whether or not you or I believe he'd work here, I just can't seem DA / Brad trading for him.  I don't think it's an unknown "risk" at this point -- you know what you're getting with him.  He's a child in a monster's body... can't control his emotions, immature, selfish, etc.  Everything is about him -- that's completely fine for a professional athlete when you win, but Boogie cannot win.  Why is that?  Whether you want to blame it on the FO or not, he had enough talent at least last year to drag that team to more wins.  Iverson, LBJ, Wade, KG, etc. all carried their teams to wins despite a serious lack of talent. 

Does any one know where this narrative that Boogie is just "competitive" and "wants to win" actually came from? Any one?! That's the strongest leg of the counterargument to "he's crazy," is it not? I understand he has told the media his goal is to make the playoffs.  But what else makes you believe he wants to win, as opposed to chasing stats / wanting to be a big fish in a small pond? The latter seems equally likely when you consider he continues to call his organization "great" and states that he is happy there.  Is blindly loyal? Possible... though who is he loyal to?

I'm hoping there's proof of that.  I admittedly know of nothing beyond his quotes.  But even if he does "want to win," does he give a [dang] about his teammates? Any evidence to suggest that he does? How about coaches (he has run through 6, right?), staff, etc?  These statements have never been backed up here, to my knowledge.  I understand he has done some very nice things in his community and I commend him for that.  I don't think he's a bad person, by any means -- in fact, I tend to really like those labeled "crazy."  But again, I don't think a) He would fit within our culture, and b) The FO is even considering a trade for him at this point.  He's also probably not available -- he never has been, and Ranadive's comments have not changed.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:59:28 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2016, 10:57:34 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I used to really want him, but I am seriously starting to think he is part of the reason the Kings always suck, despite his immense talent.

Seems like an idiot on the court. Like the anti-KG.

I liked KG in Boston as much as anybody, but he was sometimes an idiot—the questionable trash talk, getting in guys' faces, the "accidental" elbows. There were quite a few times that I was watching a KG Celtics game and he'd do something that had me saying to myself, "Come on, KG, there's no need for that."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
This guy is a psychopath.

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
If this guys a physcopath then KG should have been put in an insane asylum

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2016, 11:14:54 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I think talent level is boogie's appeal. Plus he can be pretty entertaining. I don't think we have to sell our right nut for him though.  I think the criticisms on him are warranted somewhat.  A bit overblown  but he's good.  I like him.

I would not sell my right nut for him.  My left nut probably.

C"s need to stick to their guns.  I'm not blowing up this team for Boogie any time soon.  There may be better options.  Limited somewhat because he is so good.

But i'm fine with this team continuing to build in their own way. Boogie may be the missing link but isn't the end all be all. 

If we dont trade for him and build a better way all the better.

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2016, 11:19:10 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

Do you not see the difference? Do you want me to post numerous articles about his teammates not liking him? While it was the complete opposite for KG? KG was a leader dude. He took a scrub team and carried them to the Playoffs when the West was stacked. Literally the best team he ever had in Minnesota was Sam Cassel and Latrell Spreewell. What a garabage team, and he still won MVP.

It's an insult to KG by comparing him to this idiot who can't control his emotions. What do you think Draymond Green is going to do to his low IQ? Do you not remember how easy it was for Smart to take Cousins out of the game?

Look, if we trade Smart for Cousins, that's all good. But I wouldn't give any of the Brooklyn picks for him.

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2016, 11:20:05 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
This game pretty much wraps up Cousins. Scores 55 after being fined, but controversially gets ejected/unejected. Those who like him talk about the 55 points. Those who don't criticize his actions. I just think this is Cousins. If you get him, this is what you are getting. This guy will polarize any fan base. But he may be worth it.

KG was a controlled psychopath. I do think Cousins does lose control sometimes. Paul Pierce once spit at an opposing bench too.

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2016, 11:20:35 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Kg was a positive influence. That is the criticism on Boogie.  KG was a former mvp and won a t itle here.  Cousins could do the same though.  But the criticism on boogie is that he is a cancer and a detriment. I dont know if i agree with that but its somewhat valid.

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2016, 11:24:30 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Do you not see the difference? Do you want me to post numerous articles about his teammates not liking him? While it was the complete opposite for KG? KG was a leader dude. He took a scrub team and carried them to the Playoffs when the West was stacked. Literally the best team he ever had in Minnesota was Sam Cassel and Latrell Spreewell. What a garabage team, and he still won MVP.

It's an insult to KG by comparing him to this idiot who can't control his emotions. What do you think Draymond Green is going to do to his low IQ? Do you not remember how easy it was for Smart to take Cousins out of the game?

Look, if we trade Smart for Cousins, that's all good. But I wouldn't give any of the Brooklyn picks for him.

I'm not aware of teammates on the record as not liking Cousins. I know IT likes him, even though Cousins preferred a pass first point guard at the time. Pretty much everyone acknowledges his maturity issues, but that's different than not liking him. I know of a bunch of rivals who can't stand him.

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2016, 11:26:49 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
This game pretty much wraps up Cousins. Scores 55 after being fined, but controversially gets ejected/unejected. Those who like him talk about the 55 points. Those who don't criticize his actions. I just think this is Cousins. If you get him, this is what you are getting. This guy will polarize any fan base. But he may be worth it.

KG was a controlled psychopath. I do think Cousins does lose control sometimes. Paul Pierce once spit at an opposing bench too.

Is spitting on a opposing bench the only bad thing Cousins has done? Dude fights with everyone. Here is another classic by your boy Cousins.Please stop insulting KG who is a freaking legend and would be looked at the same way as Tim Duncan if he played with better players.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/11/11/demarcus-cousins-sacramento-kings-george-karl-apology-rant

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 11:28:31 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
It's clear that Cousins is utterly unhappy in Sacramento. This game is him basically giving a big middle finger to the Kings for fining him.

This kid is an enormous talent. Get the deal done Danny. He needs a change of scenery and if his antics continue, we have him for 1 and 1/2 seasons.

I believe that once he experiences success with a team in the playoffs he will be a good solider for that team because he has never experienced that at the pro level.

Is it a gamble? Sure. Is it a gamble Ainge should be willing to take? Absolutely.

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 11:30:06 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

"He needs to be a better teammate," Divac told Sirius XM NBA radio. "It’s up to him now to go to the next level as a player and it starts there."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/demarcus-cousins-trade-rumors-kings-celtics-isaiah-thomas/1kqzawxj34g2h1osbei3p50jl0

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2016, 11:39:05 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
in other news Boogie dipped himself in lambs blood after the game and sacrificed 3 virgins.

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2016, 11:44:51 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Other than saying Boogie has to be a better teammate I don't think there's much more to say here. He needs to cool it.  The media needs to cool it on him though as well if he does.

I really think the media tries to get under his skin and this is his reaction sometimes and vice versa where boogie does **** and the media is just reporting it but it becomes cyclical.

he's immature.  So are a lot of people. 

He's not kevin garnett but talent wise he's a  guy who could win mvp and win a championship just the same.

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 11:47:44 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
"Their guy over there, he thinks he's a stopper.  I brought him back to reality."  Boogie

Lol  I love this guy.  People go on and on about the competitiveness of Westbrook.  In my opinion, Russle has nothing on Cousins.  In the modern boring NBA era, it's refreshing to have someone like Cousins.  Like Morgan Freeman said in Million Dollar Baby, kid's got sugar.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell