Author Topic: Marcus Smart needs to leave Boston or his career will never get better  (Read 24994 times)

Re: Marcus Smart needs to leave Boston or his career will never get better
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2017, 06:48:12 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
My point has been proven.

Nah.  And I don't want to bother arguing with you this much, but it's kinda funny how basically every factual statement you made in that post is incorrect.

Smart shoots like 6 threes a game or whatever. Payton was horrible for a while as a bench player.

Smart shoots 4.1 threes a game. 

Payton has a higher true shooting % (50.7% -> 53.3%), 3P% (27.6% -> 32.6%), offensive rating (104 -> 113), defensive rating (108 -> 113), and plus-minus (-5.7 -> -0.7) as a reserve.  If this is horrible, he must be absolutely abominable as a starter. 
Elfrid is an NBA Player skill level. He can drive and dunk on your best defender with ease.

"drive" -> Payton shoots 58.2% within five feet.  Among all guards with more than two attempts at the rim this season, he ranks 26th.  He averages 5.1 points off drives per game, ranking him 26th in the NBA. 

"dunk" -> Payton has 12 dunks all season. 

He can drive, he can dunk.  He clearly doesn't do it "on your best player with ease."

He can get 10 asissts and still score 20 himself.

He has done this three times this season.  So yes, he "can" do it.  There is no evidence that he can do it regularly.

Confused the hell out of me lol when I only saw my name, I was like what.

Sorry, tagged it wrong.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2017, 07:16:46 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Well anyways, I apologize for overreacting. I was having a bad day at work, and I just took my frustration on you.

It was fun having to debate about Smart and Payton, and have a discussion with you gentlemen. I gave out some TPS, and hopefully we see the Celtics winning a game tonight.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2017, 08:09:52 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Smart needs to work on his game no matter where he plays if he's going to get better.