Author Topic: A youtubers take on why the celtics shouls get Boogie  (Read 4883 times)

Re: A youtubers take on why the celtics shouls get Boogie
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 12:54:00 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
To this date the kings owner has basically not  allowed them to trade him. The lakers tried to trade for him and it was disallowed.  The lakers offered them the #2 pick.

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 12:55:23 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Good points in video.

We have to trust Danny that he's known of the talent of DeMarcus Cousins for a while now. He (and US) just has to be patient.

BOS's time is coming - soon. Danny will make some move(s) soon.

This man had his eyes on KG reportedly for YEARS...he just had to WAIT for the opportunity to get him.

Getting IT was one shoe that dropped...albeit an unexpected one. Getting Big Al from ATL was another.

Things are lining up for this team and will continue to for the foreseeable future. Just have to trust CBS, Danny and this team.

DeMarcus Cousins is an undeniable talent that can do MANY things well - and of course - can be hotheaded sometimes.

It's undeniable that he is a HERO to many as well. He needs to come be that hero in BOSTON.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:14:13 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 12:56:00 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
This was as early as a month ago from Jackie Mac

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-kings-owner-is-reportedly-against-trading-demarcus-cousins/

I asked about Cousins just recently again, and Vivek Ranadive, the owner of the Sacramento Kings, does not want to trade DeMarcus Cousins. And so as long as that's the case, all this talk is just that. It's talk.

Yes cousins is good.  This guy isn't stating anything that shouldn't be known by now anyways. If you need someone on youtube yelling these things at you I guess. I don't.

The boogie rumors have been going on for 5 years now.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:13:53 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 01:06:23 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP to the OP. Nice find.

All aboard the Boogie train!!!

I just hope Stevens is on board. My gut just tells me that he wouldn't be.

Hope I'm wrong.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 01:14:57 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think Stevns and Cousins would actually go well together.  I think it's more Danny who sees the reality of it.  He can't make moves that aren't there and isn't going to do it unless it's right. I think he's always been a maybe on it but has said he wouldn't bring in cousins unless it was a good situation.

he's basically said he doesn't want cousins if he is going to hurt chemistry but if the celtics chemistry is strong enough in other words.

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 01:21:53 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
"Listen, we consider all talented players. But what is the price?" Ainge said. "Who are the players that we have around to support? All of that is (considered) when we have trade talks. I think everybody knows who you're talking about. The bottom line is I can't talk about any players, but I can just assure you that we're familiar with every player in the league and every player's background and their character. We consider it all."

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 01:26:56 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
“We have good character on our team right now and some mature kids even though we don’t have an old team,” said Ainge. “I don’t think it’s ever a good idea to have players who are disruptive to your team, on the court and off the court.”

Some things change and situations where something like this could happen but someone telling me that cousins is good adn the celtics need to grow some balls doesn't really do much for me.  DA is going to do what is right for the celtics period.

I could see it get to a situation where Cousins is at that point and the celtics are in position to do something like that though. But nothing this person said is anything that isn't known by now or shouldn't be.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:36:39 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2016, 02:04:26 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I think if you have a strong locker room, and I think the Celtics do, you can handle a malcontent.  It's a different dynamic, but the Patriots are proof of that.  That said, I think many of his issues will be behind him if he's traded to a winning team.  Plus, we've seen other guys in the league with similar attitudes who eventually got their acts together.  Personally, I've known guys like that who straightened themselves out in their late twenties.

Our biggest weaknesses are rebounding, rim protection, and the lack of another go to scorer.  Cousins fills all those needs and is one of the best in the game.  And I love the idea of Horford and him playing together.  No team in the league can match that front court.

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 02:37:23 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Most of you act as if it's Danny's choice to trade. Guess what, it's NOT.
Is he available? Is the price correct?
What if another team is willing to give the farm for him, will you give all your assets to get Boogie?
What makes you sure he's only frustrated of losing? We don't...

I have no idea of what is the best thing to do, because we don't have all the elements like Danny do. Sorry guys, I'm not trusting the rumors at all. Those are manipulations by owners for their own interests or stupid speculations from jobless writers.

If we get Boogie, great I'll fully support it and root for some championships.
If we don't get Boogie, great I'll fully support anything Danny does because he has proven me more than not he's the best thing that could happen to the Celtics as a GM.

PS: the video is nice, thanks for sharing it. I'm sure someone can make another good video who can argue the exact opposite.

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 07:37:39 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
A couple of things.

1.) Yes most people know most of these points. I just like seeing them all compacted into a nice little video. Implying we "need a guy to yell the points to us" is silly.

2.) Of course it takes two to tango with trades. This guy is arguing that if/when he becomes available, Danny should pull the trigger.

3.) Yea he is kind of yelling. Most of his videos he takes that tone. Kind of annoying, but his videos are still very well constructed and well thought out.
#JKJB

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 08:19:39 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Couldn't you make the point that adding Cousins to any number of teams would make them contenders?  Toronto?, Milwaukee?, Washington?, OK City?, .....  The Celtics are not unique in that regard.  We may be somewhat unique in the draft picks we have to offer.  It just doesn't seem like Cousins is going anywhere.  Yes, if he plays out his contract and walks,  that would be devastating for Sacramento but that is not an issue today or probably this whole season.

It sounds like SAC's owners are smart.  They are far better off if they can work it out with Cousins so they are going to keep trying to do that.

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 08:43:33 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
It would be exciting if we got him.  I try to see other pov's and get it is all.  Most of what I say is usually with the celtics best intentions in mind and just exploring other avenues.  I just read things sometimes and people can be selfish a bit.  I explore a lot of things myself because I listen to people and then get laughed at when that's all I'm doing.  Everything I say is usually with the celtics in mind and that there are other options though.  Why I ramble.  It reminds me of KG where he asked the doctors to not eat before the team and they did anyways and he took a doctors tray and threw it on the ground.  People want certain guys and then get disapointed when we don't get them. Boogie is different.  But people trash guys on this team too without the celtics in mind and what they are trying and working hard to do.  Everyone is human but I've always been someone where the celtics come first.  I'm a fan of them.  This kid probably is too and he has some good points.    I still think the celtics have to weigh everything before they go all in on a guy like Cousins. there may be better options out there.  There might not be. There's the draft.  There's guys like noel. There's waiting for other stars to become available.  There's building a totally different way.  A guy like Boogie still has to be near or at the top of the list.  Especially since Durant is gone now.  Like DA said though what's the cost?  He has to be available at a cost that makes sense to us and where the celtics are in position to take someone like that on. He is basically Wilt Chamberlain and it's not a perfect situation.  If it were it would be done. If we can't get him there have to be other options too.  Being selfish is good in ways, but the celtics still have to come first.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:49:03 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 08:47:15 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
A couple of things.

1.) Yes most people know most of these points. I just like seeing them all compacted into a nice little video. Implying we "need a guy to yell the points to us" is silly.

2.) Of course it takes two to tango with trades. This guy is arguing that if/when he becomes available, Danny should pull the trigger.

3.) Yea he is kind of yelling. Most of his videos he takes that tone. Kind of annoying, but his videos are still very well constructed and well thought out.

DA has enough assets not to wait him to be available, but to make him available. Maybe there is an offer that would make Ranadive take off his shoes.

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I agree that that the odds of any Boogie deal this year with any team are low.

However, big time superstars have been traded in this league and sometimes trade themselves (via FA).  So a deal is not impossible this year before the deadline.

For Ainge it comes down to his tolerance for risk vs. payback.  He seems fairly risk-averse but he has taken calculated risks in the past and sometimes has lost.  Thinking about how he brought back Antoine Walker, for example, not that his issues were the same, they definitely were not, but the point is about risk tolerance for a given payback, not the specific risks by themselves.  Read carefully the quotes by walker834 of Ainge.  He is not saying he would not trade for Boogie, in fact, he actually states that for the right deal, he would consider it, in spite of his baggage.

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think things have changed somewhat.  Those quotes from DA are from 2 years ago and from a year ago respectively.  Basically the last two deadlines.  He's been coming around on him but he's still sticking to his guns.

DA is still saying he wants to make a deal but a deal has to be out there that makes sense.  It's the same tune although looking at this team I think we are getting closer.