Author Topic: A youtubers take on why the celtics shouls get Boogie  (Read 4884 times)

A youtubers take on why the celtics shouls get Boogie
« on: December 19, 2016, 10:39:07 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=6ItZ0uR02N4

So obviously this has no news or anything like that. It is some guy who presents a decent case of why the celtics should get him.

He is supremely talented, and has been in the worst situation in basketball.

Its worth a watch if you do or dont want him.
#JKJB

Re: A youtubers take on why the celtics shouls get Boogie
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 11:09:14 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Remarkably well done and entertaining video!!!  Nice find!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 11:17:25 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
TP for posting the video.  That kid nailed it.  Cousins would give us a chance to contend.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 11:27:48 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Why is he yelling? Putting all our eggs in the Boogie basket scares me a bit.  Still would like him if it isn't that though. Cousins is the new age Wilt Chamberlain.  His character concerns are a bit overblown.  What is a bit overrated is listing stats for people who should already know how good Cousins is by now. He's a stat stuffing monster. He and Davis are in a class of their own as far as Big men like that right now.

C's are going to have to make a decision on certain things and we don't even know if Cousins is available.  There are other options out there. Not many but they do exist.  If we do go in on Cousins it may be a situation where we have to go all in.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:40:34 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 11:48:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
If you really want to take on LeBron ......NOW .....Cousins is the minimum it's going to take to compete with the three power houses in the NBA.

Otherwise ......just wait out LeBrons time ......3-5 years

I'm for trying now .

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 11:53:39 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Why is he yelling? Putting all our eggs in the Boogie basket scares me a bit.  Still would like him if it isn't that though. Cousins is the new age Wilt Chamberlain.  His character concerns are a bit overblown.  What is a bit overrated is listing stats for people who should already know how good Cousins is by now. He's a stat stuffing monster. He and Davis are in a class of their own as far as Big men like that right now.

C's are going to have to make a decision on certain things and we don't even know if Cousins is available.  There are other options out there. Not many but they do exist.  If we do go in on Cousins it may be a situation where we have to go all in.

Because on Feb 21st, when the Boogie-to-Boston deal goes down, this kid is going to be a hero. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 11:59:55 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I hope Danny watch this video.  Seriously if Boogie end up on another team, Danny's legacy would be seriously stained because our chances of winning a Championship anytime soon then becomes remote.  Danny should stop being greedy with the [dang] picks that won't yield much of anything and make the trade.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 12:00:15 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Because on Feb 21st, when the Boogie-to-Boston deal goes down, this kid is going to be a hero.

why?  there are other people out there that realize boogie is good.  He isn't the first person to say it.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 12:04:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I just don't see adding him gets us in the same class as Cavs or Warriors. Which is why I would not pursue.  Would rather get Noel if the price is decently low enough so that we can keep our Nets picks.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 12:04:29 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

February 21st is my birthday.  What a stinking GREAT b-day present Boogie in Beantown would be:-))))

Smitty77

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 12:10:24 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I don't have the guts to pick a side on this. I'm glad I'm not Ainge.

If we get him, I'll be chanting MVP and I do think we match up really well against the Cavs and Warriors.

If we don't, I'll be following the draft and trusting CBS as he develops our young guys.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 12:12:44 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
He is 100% right.

If anyone thinks it's easy to win a ring through the draft of "superstars"....
ask the 90s Magic, 2010s Thunder, and current Timberwolves.

The only thing I disagree with... The price will be Rozier/Brown and Crowder (plus picks), I have no doubt.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 12:17:09 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think it's more about the fact Sac has to want to trade him and the Celtics have to make sure he is the right move by exploring everything that is out there and have the right pieces in place.  I've said all these same things about Cousins at one time or another that sac is just bad and that he is the missing link here etc.  But the process still has to play out.  The celtics are not a stupid organization.  I said 2 years ago the Boogie was who we needed and was laughed at.  It's still a process. If people don't know Boogie is good by now I don't know what to tell them. All of his antics are being blown out of proportion by the press as well. When he was drafted he was a great player. He's on a terrible team.  He's no different than Kevin Love in that regard where he needs a good team around him.  He isn't Kevin Garnett or Lebron who can make a team a playoff team by himself. 

He also isn't a no brainer as far as being that guy.   The celtics do have to weigh all options and not give up anything they may regret later.

It is basically like getting Chamberlain w ho eventually got a ring but there are drawbacks to that.

From the celtics perspective I can see why he is not as much a no brainer. It hasn't happened yet for that reason. 

DA has said he wants to make trades but they have to be the right ones. He isn't going to go all in on Boogie unless it's a situation where it fits the celtics first and foremost. The Celtics come first even before a guy like Cousins.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 12:26:54 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 12:43:56 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I just don't see adding him gets us in the same class as Cavs or Warriors. Which is why I would not pursue.  Would rather get Noel if the price is decently low enough so that we can keep our Nets picks.

You guys KEEP ACTING like giving up Cousins would cost the farm. How are you so sure? Trade rumors are trade rumors... If Cousins ends up re-signing, then oh well, but if he leaves, the Kings will literally be the laughingstock of the NBA. The longer he's here, the less trade value he has..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 12:44:30 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I'm only in favor if the Kings include the rights to Dejan Bodiroga in any deal.