Author Topic: Deandre Ayton + Josh Jackson  (Read 5169 times)

Re: Deandre Ayton + Josh Jackson
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 09:44:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I read a comment the other day that winslow sucks as well. Winslow does not suck.  Ange doesn't target guys like people think he does either. He targetted Winslow and then got Crowder because he was basically that.  Winslow is a developing player like Marcus Smart is.

We acquired Crowder before we tried to trade up to draft Winslow.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 09:51:08 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I read a comment the other day that winslow sucks as well. Winslow does not suck.  Ange doesn't target guys like people think he does either. He targetted Winslow and then got Crowder because he was basically that.  Winslow is a developing player like Marcus Smart is.

We acquired Crowder before we tried to trade up to draft Winslow.

That's right. We aquired Crowder when we traded Rondo. Then we went after Winslow in the 2015 draft.  Maybe ainge wasn't sold on Crowder at that point.  We had Marcus and Crowder and maybe he wanted to go even bigger.  We ended up getting Jaylen.

As far as Green and Young they are supposed to be scorers for us.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 10:04:28 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikV8SE6D860&t=72s

The point is still the same.  jackson looks like a pretty fluid scorer. jaylen is really good and is going to play more though.  But if we want to replace Green, Jackson makes some sense.

we have 3 physical wings in crowder, jaylen and marcus. jackson looks more like a fluid scorer and slasher who can play in transition.

TAtum is bigger and can do the same but just comparing the two.  Not sure which one fits better.

jackson I like because he seems fluid offensively and he also seems to share the ball. He also looks more naturally athletic.

He's also active on the glass. With jaylen, bradley and him that could be interesting is all as far as swarming wings who can do things.

Ayton is a big man to then go after. 

I like how jackson moves around in that video and seems active and fluid in a lot of different ways.

just one way of looking at it is all if we can't find our bird or russell like i said.  Doing it by committee and just having swarming wings and then going after a guy like Ayton could work.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:18:03 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 10:29:38 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Having guys like Fultz and all these other guys rise up the rankings and hype wouldnt be bad where the C's end up with the 2 #1 prospects going in either.

jackson's iq is high as well.  I can tell by watching him.

Hopefulyl Danny is telling jackson somewhere to take it a bit easy in college so he will fall to us.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:41:19 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
In regards to Tatum vs Jackson it really depends on what you want. If you are looking for a player that could be an above average scorer and a very good playmaker that can fit right next to Brown then Jackson is your guy. If you want a go to scorer that can close games you go with Tatum.

I think Jackson is an easier fit especially if Smart is your PG because Jackson is a playmaker. With that said however, Im not sure he develops into a go to scorer. I think this team needs a go to scorer.

So when I look at this I tend to lean Tatum although in many ways I feel Jackson could be a better player. I think this team suffers from guys that cant create and I think Tatum and Brown will both create in time.

Lastly, I think Jaylen will be more of a 2/3 than a 3/4 making either option good.

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 10:57:54 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
What is  it with players today that make them look so much younger? just looking at this picture of jackson he looks like an oldschool aba  player where nba players looked like men.  Any other pictuer of him minus a few he looks like your typical kid like so many players look like now. He does look more mature than most guys though.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/54e677632b6b450bb32c51e27d4118e2e6c78fef/c=0-391-1992-1517&r=x633&c=1200x630/local/-/media/2016/10/12/USATODAY/USATODAY/636118758513059642-XXX-JOSH-JACKSON-13023-85583270.JPG

josh jackson doesn't look like that?  lol.  If Josh jackson does look like that  I'm instantly drafting him just because of that though. He looks like he's been working 3  jobs putting his family through school while struggling to pay rent.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:04:05 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 07:59:05 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrA_RoFctfM

Ayton looked a little disinterested in help defense sometimes. Once I've seen him help out and block a shot from behind. Otherwise, he let a few players get to the rim, just watching the play. He was just launching some jumpers. Needs to work on his low post game and give more effort getting  back on D.
The other big (Bamba) has a solid frame and looks like a future defensive presence.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 12:37:18 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
I finally got to see last weeks Hoop Hall game with Ayton and Bamba and I must say thats the most impressed I have ever been with Ayton. Im not sure what got into him but he was a force on the block, very aggressive going for boards, and should more than just an ability to shoot jumpers. It wasnt til the end that he started showing bad body language but again this was by far the best i have ever seen him.

I think there will be at least 4 more games in which I will get to see him again this year. If he can show this type of effort again in those games it would ease my concerns about him a great deal.

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 01:22:32 AM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I have a lot of thoughts.  Doesn't mean I'm talking to myself.

Um, ya, you kind of are.  ;)

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 01:32:54 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Is it just me or does he (Ayton) look an awful like Greg Oden? Yikes! Hope he doesn't "age" like Oden.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:01:13 PM by GreenShooter »

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 11:06:33 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
If people want to watch Ayton, his next two games will be streamed on tangersports.tv Friday and Saturday. Check the schedule for details.