Author Topic: Deandre Ayton + Josh Jackson  (Read 5146 times)

Deandre Ayton + Josh Jackson
« on: December 19, 2016, 07:22:35 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
A little early but Ayton looks like the next prize to me.   Fultz and Smith look really good. I wouldn't put them on Larry Bird's level though.   Jackson hasn't impressed much so far and Ball looks well rounded.  But Ayton looks like the next stud David Robinson type prospect to me.

I like Jackson's game but I question how talented a player he is physically.  He isn't that big. 

Deandre Ayton is.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:29:39 PM by walker834 »

Re: Deandre Ayton
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 07:25:28 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
People hype up certain players. I find myself watching more Jackson this draft and looking up Ayton.

Josh Jackson is Dr. J.

Ayton is David Robinson.

Re: Deandre Ayton + Josh Jackson
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 07:46:24 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Not saying everyone else blows but that's how I feel some days.  I just won't say it.

I also don't really want Smith or Fultz.  Maybe Fultz..

Tatum is a really good college player but  not sold on him either.

A lot of these coming in now are either really it or they are developmental.  jackson I do like.  Same with  Ayton.

Maybe Giles or Isaac.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 07:51:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Josh Jackson reminded me of Darius Miles

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 07:52:56 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
josh jackson is either highly overrated or highly underrated imo. 

I kind of like him right now.  He's too smooth to be darius miles. He lacks size imo.

just was watching him.  He has some Dr. j to his game particularly how smooth he is.

He isn't darius miles imo. 

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 07:55:56 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
He could end up in between and be like jim jackson.  I'm liking him more and more though. I think he is being underrated at this point.

Tatum is being overrated right now.

jackson looks like a faster smoother winslow.  Winslow is more a defender but is going to be a good player someday as well. people knock a guy or hype him and people run with it.

Someone said Winslow sucked the other day.  He's young. DA isn't stupid.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:01:18 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 08:04:22 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Jackson is 6'8 what is he undersized to be? He is a 2 guard or a 3 that can be used as a playmaker.

Ayton provides me with so so so many concerns. His body language is awful. I have seen him about 4 or 5 times so far and every time his body language is terrible. He has a ton of tools but his motor is questionable. He loafs on so many plays and likes to hang on the 3 pt line. He needs whomever coached Towns(I think it was Del Harris) between his HS junior and senior year to get him on the box.

I think he could be really good but I really wonder about Ayton. With that being said, Im not much of a fan of the 18 draft.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 08:20:54 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I was just looking at the top guys in the 18 draft and none of those guys are going to be that guy for us.  Ayton is  basically it. Some of those other guys are so overrated.

Some of these kids get rated very high because of certain things that show up in mix tapes.  Their understanding of the game is something else. 

We need stars or projects that can be good players for us. 

Unless a guy really is Larry bird we are better served taking projects that can develop.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
jackson to me just looks undersized in that he isn't that big.  TAtum is much more filled out at this point. TAtum looks fairly limited as far as his upside though imo.  He looks fully filled out and he isn't that big. He's playing for Duke on a big stage. He doesn't seem as good as Pierce to me.

jackson has some legitament talent imo. Isn't as fully filled out.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 08:33:15 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Difference between playing for Kansas or Duke.  They are both alright

jackson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP78TTmYErU
tatum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvfdkSXOusg&t=145s

Neither guy is Larry Bird.  That's what I mean with jackson too.  He isn't bird. He's more remiscent of Dr. j.  He's smaller.  More effective in transition.  Not on that level though.

josh jackson reminds me of a skinner, smoother more offensive version of winslow ultimately.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:59:49 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 08:55:47 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
[dang], dude. You are having one hell of a conversation with yourself in this thread. I'd be thrilled with landing Ayton, and Jackson seems decent, I guess. Not sure what the two have to do with each other.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 09:04:14 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Do people always assume someone is having a conversation with themselves?  just putting my opinion out there. It's a forum. Those are my thoughts.

What they have to do with each other is we could use a wing and a center and not much else in this draft really impresses me that much or next year.

jackson to this point has been somewhat overlooked.

Ainge really liked Winslow who is basically the marcus smart of sf's right now.  He got Crowder instead.  jackson is a more offensive version of that and plays in transition. 

That's all I thought watching him just now.  We have jaylen though who is probably just as good if not better.

These other guys don't really remind me of Larry Bird and aren't that good where we have to take them over other guys. We have IT and  Smart at pg.  Not suer we need that just because so and so is good. They aren't that good.

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 09:09:44 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I read a comment the other day that winslow sucks as well. Winslow does not suck.  Ange doesn't target guys like people think he does either. He targetted Winslow and then got Crowder because he was basically that.  Winslow is a developing player like Marcus Smart is.

Year after year players get hyped and Ainge doesn't take these guys is all.

I've read the same things about Josh Jackson here.

I have a lot of thoughts.  Doesn't mean I'm talking to myself.

Not even saying jacksn is it. But if we want a guy who can go more up tempo and play in transition that's what he is.  Where Ayton is more a big man and the only legitament one in the next couple of drafts outside of maybe Giles.

Jackson could actually replace a guy like gerald green.  Or james young for that matter if he doesn't step up.  Brown is going to play more though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:23:39 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 09:34:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
He could end up in between and be like jim jackson.  I'm liking him more and more though. I think he is being underrated at this point.

Tatum is being overrated right now.

jackson looks like a faster smoother winslow.  Winslow is more a defender but is going to be a good player someday as well. people knock a guy or hype him and people run with it.

Someone said Winslow sucked the other day.  He's young. DA isn't stupid.

Winslow would've benefited by coming here to Boston and playing with Crowder and smart. He doesn't look like he's improving in Miami.

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 09:44:22 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Not saying jackson and ayton are it but as far as a guy who could actually replace a guy like green and actually crack the rotation jackson makes some sense.  Ayton is a legit big man.  I'm not sure the internet is always in tune with what the C's are trying to do though sometimes and people like me end up rambling.

It's just one option if we end up drafting the next couple drafts and can't find our bird or bill russell.