Author Topic: Whiteside  (Read 1863 times)

Whiteside
« on: December 19, 2016, 03:55:05 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Really a name that doesnt come up too much but would be a huge fill for the Celtics...

A guy who averages over 4 OFFR a game ... total rim protecter and effective scorer
Only real knock on him is bad FT shooter... attitude seems to be improving ... Has a good contract

Reilly will eventually unload this team and there is no doubt he will be available IMO..

Re: Whiteside
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 03:57:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I reckon Whiteside would cost the Brooklyn pick.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 04:02:46 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
Yea Im sure Reilly would ask for that first ... maybe can offer the 2018 pick and Brown?

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 04:03:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Whiteside seems like a stats only player. With him and Dragic on the same team healthy they should at least make the playoffs in the weak eastern conference. Boogie has him team ahead of the Heat with less talent in the west. If you switch Boogie and Whiteside Miami makes the playoffs.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
Whiteside seems like a stats only player. With him and Dragic on the same team healthy they should at least make the playoffs in the weak eastern conference. Boogie has him team ahead of the Heat with less talent in the west. If you switch Boogie and Whiteside Miami makes the playoffs.

He received DPOY votes so thats not the case...

Im all in for Boogie as well... but again he may not be available and if so probably a much higher price..

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 04:12:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

He received DPOY votes so thats not the case...

Im all in for Boogie as well... but again he may not be available and if so probably a much higher price..

I'm still not a fan of Whitesides.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 04:16:44 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Even if Miami decides to blow it up, why would they trade a promising young player unless they felt he could not play up to his contract ($22M, $24M, $25M, $27M)?  How do we come up with $22M of matching salary?

Hard to see this happening.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 04:19:37 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I just assume he is relatively untouchable. But you know what, Miami was a bit reluctant to sign him last year and one would have to assume his stock will never be higher than it is right now.

I would include Brooklyn '18 for him in a package that didn't include Smart or Brown.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 04:27:00 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
The below article (not sure how legit and I'm sure it isn't) suggests Brooklyn '17, Terry Rozier, Jonas Jerebko and Amir Johnson for Hassan Whiteside.

While it would be a tough pill to swallow, I would approve this trade. Yes the pick is tough, but you keep all the assets you've compiled and return yourself a dominant big man rim protector.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/217453/20161117/nba-trade-rumors-boston-celtics-to-strike-a-deal-for-miami-heats-hassan-whiteside-before-trade-deadline.htm

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 04:29:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The below article (not sure how legit and I'm sure it isn't) suggests Brooklyn '17, Terry Rozier, Jonas Jerebko and Amir Johnson for Hassan Whiteside.

While it would be a tough pill to swallow, I would approve this trade. Yes the pick is tough, but you keep all the assets you've compiled and return yourself a dominant big man rim protector.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/217453/20161117/nba-trade-rumors-boston-celtics-to-strike-a-deal-for-miami-heats-hassan-whiteside-before-trade-deadline.htm
hard pass from me.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I dont know, he looks like one of the laziest players in the NBA although still turns up great results

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 05:40:56 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I would like to have Whiteside's skill-set  on this team.

Two strong reasons why I think it wouldn't happen:

1. Riley HATES us. I really don't see him trading with us, unless it's a clear and convincing WIN for him.

2. Whiteside is averaging .3 apg for his career. That average this year has more than doubled (skyrocketed, relatively speaking) to .7 apg this year. Whiteside is not a big for Stevens' system....and I really feel that Stevens has too much influence on Ainge's decisions.

Deference to a coach's wishes is important, but not complete capitulation.

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 05:50:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Most other teams bigs look good against us though, it is a problem.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 06:03:35 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Most other teams bigs look good against us though, it is a problem.

I agree. I think that it's a huge problem. I'm not sure that Stevens views it the same way as us. He'd like to have it all in a big-man, but I don't think that rebounding tops his list.

Stevens wants a unicorn. A big man who can shot the three, rebound, run the floor, pass, and can both play and defend the pick and roll and are coachable. Who doesn't?  Unibrow (not unicorn), KAT and a DeMarcus Cousins on thorazine are the only players in the league that come close to that standard.

The first two guys are ungettable. and I don't know if Stevens is up for (both ability-wise and willingness) coaching DMC.

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 06:15:00 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Cousins is 3 times the player Dumpside will ever be .   Why waste a pick on him.