Poll

Celtic also trade Jackson with Crowder

Yes. Bring me two bigs and a replacement SF.
35 (53%)
No. Crowder is the best player in the deal.
31 (47%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Poll: Crowder For Noel, Saric, Covington  (Read 10027 times)

Re: Poll: Crowder For Noel, Saric, Covington
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 06:10:19 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
We could just sign Noel as a free agent.  So we're essentially trading Jae Crowder for Saric and Covington. 

Not for me.
Philly can match if they make a qualifying offer by 6/30/17 and the team has only $32 million in guaranteed contracts for next year.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 06:14:51 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We could just sign Noel as a free agent.  So we're essentially trading Jae Crowder for Saric and Covington. 

Not for me.
Philly can match if they make a qualifying offer by 6/30/17 and the team has only $32 million in guaranteed contracts for next year.
After this past week I don't expect prolly to match. Noel is already out of the rotation and creating problems and that's with Embiid on a minutes restriction and no Simmons!

Bringing him back against his wishes would garuntee that he becomes a cancer of sorts in the locker room. Not ideal for a super young team.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 07:11:48 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

Not for me.
After this past week I don't expect prolly to match. Noel is already out of the rotation and creating problems and that's with Embiid on a minutes restriction and no Simmons!

Bringing him back against his wishes would garuntee that he becomes a cancer of sorts in the locker room. Not ideal for a super young team.
I'm not sure one way or the other what Philly would do. It's just hard for me to believe that they would let that kind of talent just walk, totally uncompensated. At any rate, I think it's a moot point as he will probably be moved by February.

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 07:41:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The board is pretty soundly rejecting this trade.

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 08:06:20 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
There's no way Philly makes this trade. 

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 08:07:16 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
Crowder gets you 1 of those 3 players. No more.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
which is just crazy.  Crowder is a glorified role player.  you know that post a few days back where Woj was saying Ainge overrated his players, this thread reminds of that post. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 09:16:22 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
which is just crazy.  Crowder is a glorified role player.  you know that post a few days back where Woj was saying Ainge overrated his players, this thread reminds of that post.

There is no evidence at all that any of the three PHI players in the trade will be more than glorified role players in the future. I wouldn't trust any of them to start on a team that wants to be in the playoffs this season.

Crowder is a valuable player right now. Two way wings that can shoot and don't require the ball to operate on offense are difficult to come by.   He's also locked up long term at a ridiculous price, making him one of the best values in the league.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 09:22:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I assure those of you clamoring to trade for a pogo stick with an injury history as long as my arm, attitude problems, and no offensive skill to speak of, your willingness to dump our our only reliable two way wing, who happens to be on one of the best value contracts in the league, is completely mystifying to many of the rest of us.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 09:24:37 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
We need to trade multiple players and picks for one player, not the other way around. 

This is the best response in the thread, easily.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 10:25:12 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Roster spots. Who are you cutting to make room?

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 11:43:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

There is no evidence at all that any of the three PHI players in the trade will be more than glorified role players in the future. I wouldn't trust any of them to start on a team that wants to be in the playoffs this season.

Crowder is a valuable player right now. Two way wings that can shoot and don't require the ball to operate on offense are difficult to come by.   He's also locked up long term at a ridiculous price, making him one of the best values in the league.
Covington in his career has performed as well as Crowder.  Now obviously thus far this year Covington can't hit the broad side of a barn and Crowder has been on fire, but those are both career anomalies.  Covington is the better rebounder and they are comparable passers (in their careers, though Crowder is better this year).  Both are + defenders and can defend multiple positions.  And yeah Crowder has a great contract, but Covington's is better.  They are both 26 and are pretty firmly established as 3 and D players.  That is their end game.

Noel has incredible defensive talent.  Could easily be a Deandre Jordan type defensive player, though Noel can hit foul shots and doesn't rebound as well as Jordan (still would be by far the best rebounder on Boston though).  I could easily see him being a defensive anchor on a championship team, but could also see his attitude and injury history having him out of the league in the near future.  Noel is still just 22.

Saric as a rookie has shown flashes of greatness but also does the typical rookie things.  I think he has by far the most top end potential of any of the 4 players especially if his 37% from three isn't a fluke to start his career.  He could be a real legit star.

If Philly called and offered Noel, Saric, and Covington for basically Crowder and Ainge turned that down he should be fired on the spot. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 11:45:58 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Covington in his career has performed as well as Crowder.  Now obviously thus far this year Covington can't hit the broad side of a barn and Crowder has been on fire, but those are both career anomalies.  Covington is the better rebounder and they are comparable passers (in their careers, though Crowder is better this year).  Both are + defenders and can defend multiple positions.  And yeah Crowder has a great contract, but Covington's is better.  They are both 26 and are pretty firmly established as 3 and D players.  That is their end game.

Noel has incredible defensive talent.  Could easily be a Deandre Jordan type defensive player, though Noel can hit foul shots and doesn't rebound as well as Jordan (still would be by far the best rebounder on Boston though).  I could easily see him being a defensive anchor on a championship team, but could also see his attitude and injury history having him out of the league in the near future.  Noel is still just 22.

Saric as a rookie has shown flashes of greatness but also does the typical rookie things.  I think he has by far the most top end potential of any of the 4 players especially if his 37% from three isn't a fluke to start his career.  He could be a real legit star.

If Philly called and offered Noel, Saric, and Covington for basically Crowder and Ainge turned that down he should be fired on the spot.
Covingtons contract is not better. It is two years shorter.

Plus all those stats came on bottom 3 teams so you can't really trust them

Also, I love saric but flashes of greatness seems very strong. He projects as a good role-player, doesn't have any potential for greatness as far as I can tell.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 11:47:17 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I said yes but I think it depends a lot on the money situation. If Noel wants like 22 mill or something next year then absolutely not

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 12:05:08 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Crowder is a glorified role player. 

I don't get what this means.  What is a "glorified" role player.  Crowder is a valuable and productive starting position player on a sensible long term contract.  I don't get what's "glorified" about that.  Even with that, he is the most valuable player in this trade.

Noel could potential be more valuable if his contract kept him under control longer.