Author Topic: Report: Multiple lotto teams prefer Fox over Fultz, Fox stock rising  (Read 14720 times)

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Report: Multiple lotto teams prefer Fox over Fultz, Fox stock rising
1. That's not what he said, and
2. HuffPo doesn't strike me as the first place to go for the NBA inside scoop.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Draft Fultz and call it a day.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
how is that not what they said

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Per source, there are multiple teams in the lottery who feel De'Aaron Fox - not Fultz or Ball - is the top PG in the draft. Continues 2 rise

I wrote this in response to the tweet on the first page-
Lucky for us, Fultz is also a SG

I know it is probably splitting hairs, but it is possible the 'source' didn't pass along the info quite exactly. Other teams may just prefer Fox's ability as a PG to Fultz or Ball, but actually think one or both is the better prospect.

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Multiple lottery teams prefer a clearly worse prospect?

Another reason the same teams keep being stuck in the lottery.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He said multiple lottery teams think Fox is a better PG.

Even if "multiple lottery teams" really do think that (which is a highly questionable statement on its own right), it doesn't mean that they prefer Fox over Fultz, or that indeed Fox is the better player.

That's not a very useful statement either way. Demetrius Jackson is probably a better PG than Avery Bradley, but there's a reason why Bradley starts and Jackson spent most of the season in the NBDL.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Interesting counterpoint from NBC Sports

Is Josh Jackson a better prospect than Lonzo Ball? In a fascinating detail-rich piece, Rob Dauster of NBC Sports tackles this question. The column focuses on Jackson, outlining his strengths and weaknesses. The Kansas product’s most prominent strengths include his length, superior athleticism, competitiveness, and versatility. Dauster considers the forward’s main weaknesses to be his jump shot and his tendency to make defensive lapses. After a careful and extensive consideration of Jackson’s game, Dauster concludes that he is a better prospect than Ball and the second-best prospect in the draft. In fact, the writer contends that the gap between Markelle Fultz and Jackson is smaller than the gap between Jackson and Ball.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/29/2017-nba-draft-prospect-profiles-is-josh-jackson-a-better-prospect-than-lonzo-ball/

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Teams saying anything before the draft is just a smoke screen, players get pumped up and talked down for the next month before the draft...

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
all teams that have no shot at Fultz so they just want to create some doubt or all teams that want to move their pick so they need to hype up a player likely there.

that said I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the Lakers took Fox with Ball available.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Is Josh Jackson a better prospect than Lonzo Ball? In a fascinating detail-rich piece, Rob Dauster of NBC Sports tackles this question. The column focuses on Jackson, outlining his strengths and weaknesses. The Kansas product’s most prominent strengths include his length, superior athleticism, competitiveness, and versatility. Dauster considers the forward’s main weaknesses to be his jump shot and his tendency to make defensive lapses. After a careful and extensive consideration of Jackson’s game, Dauster concludes that he is a better prospect than Ball and the second-best prospect in the draft. In fact, the writer contends that the gap between Markelle Fultz and Jackson is smaller than the gap between Jackson and Ball.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/29/2017-nba-draft-prospect-profiles-is-josh-jackson-a-better-prospect-than-lonzo-ball/

IMO, Josh Jackson makes the most sense for the Lakers at #2, and I expect them to take him instead of Ball. He's the closest thing to Kobe Bryant (on and off the court) that they will ever find in the next 20+ years. He also fits into their current roster much better than Ball does.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I definitely think Jackson is a better prospect than Ball. I'd rather a core of Russell, Jackson, Ingram and Randle than one with Ball. Would laugh at Ball in Philly, although not sure how well he and Simmons would coexist.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)