Author Topic: Trade for Richaun Holmes  (Read 3560 times)

Trade for Richaun Holmes
« on: December 17, 2016, 02:04:31 PM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Demetrius Jackson for Holmes. Gives us a nice young big that can rebound / defend for cheap. He is like poor man Tristan Thompson.

Re: Trade for Richaun Holmes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 02:09:53 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Demetrius Jackson for Holmes. Gives us a nice young big that can rebound / defend for cheap. He is like poor man Tristan Thompson.

No, he's just a poor man.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Holmes seems pretty decent, but WHY would Philly give up a guy with a 17.58 PER for a guy (Jax) that played about 17 total minutes for us??  I know they have a lot of bigs, but we would likely have to include a second rounder, right?

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 06:08:44 PM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Holmes seems pretty decent, but WHY would Philly give up a guy with a 17.58 PER for a guy (Jax) that played about 17 total minutes for us??  I know they have a lot of bigs, but we would likely have to include a second rounder, right?

Smitty77

Maybe a second rounder to sweeten the pot. My thinking was that philly need guards

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:43:33 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Bumping because I assume Danny reads up on our suggestions.  Holmes is looking really good...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 02:43:25 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I have long liked him more than okafor

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 04:01:56 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'd trade rozier and a second for holmes.If we ever are lucky enough to draft Fultz we would need to let Rozier go to give him around 15 minures a game in his rookie season to learn from IT and Bradley. I wouldn't let Jackson go due to his contract (long term team friendly deal) and because of him not needing playing time (I mean there wouldn't be as many issues if he racks up DNPs instead of Rozier) while still being good enough to be injury insurance
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 07:13:33 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'd trade rozier and a second for holmes.If we ever are lucky enough to draft Fultz we would need to let Rozier go to give him around 15 minures a game in his rookie season to learn from IT and Bradley. I wouldn't let Jackson go due to his contract (long term team friendly deal) and because of him not needing playing time (I mean there wouldn't be as many issues if he racks up DNPs instead of Rozier) while still being good enough to be injury insurance
While I think that is a big overpay (I would have given Rozier/pick for Noel or Okafor), I agree that we should unload a guard or two to make room for Fultz or Ball.

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 07:50:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Holmes seems pretty decent, but WHY would Philly give up a guy with a 17.58 PER for a guy (Jax) that played about 17 total minutes for us??

Agree but you have to realize that a lot of people around here live with unicorn dust glimmering trades that are so one sided that they defy belief.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 08:07:37 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
While I think that is a big overpay (I would have given Rozier/pick for Noel or Okafor), I agree that we should unload a guard or two to make room for Fultz or Ball.
Rozier isn't very good and has very limited, if any, value around the league.  Boston would be lucky to get anyone with any value at all for Rozier.  I mean seriously, Rozier is a worse shooter than Smart by virtually all metrics, but unlike Smart is not a + defender and doesn't do much of anything even at an average level (except perhaps rebound).  Don't get me wrong, Holmes is nothing more than a bench player, and Philly might do that trade this summer as they could use a PG (depending on the draft) and don't really need Holmes, but it would be a trade of fit not value for the Sixers.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 09:17:04 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Rozier isn't very good and has very limited, if any, value around the league.  Boston would be lucky to get anyone with any value at all for Rozier.  I mean seriously, Rozier is a worse shooter than Smart by virtually all metrics, but unlike Smart is not a + defender and doesn't do much of anything even at an average level (except perhaps rebound).  Don't get me wrong, Holmes is nothing more than a bench player, and Philly might do that trade this summer as they could use a PG (depending on the draft) and don't really need Holmes, but it would be a trade of fit not value for the Sixers.
I disagree with moranis. His value is low but he has value, I'd say it's a fair deal value wise.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 09:28:29 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I disagree with moranis. His value is low but he has value, I'd say it's a fair deal value wise.

I like what I've seen from Holmes, and Rozier is frustrating to me primarily because he can't finish in the lane.  He'll make great moves to get a path to the basket but he almost never converts.  I'd probably deal TRoz for Holmes, but it's good to remember TRoz has less than 2 seasons under his belt and certainly has the ability to improve.  I just think he's prolly not that much better than Demetrius Jackson at the moment.  I liked what I saw from preseason Demetrius. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 10:09:51 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

I mean what is Rozier good at exactly? What inentive does Philly have to give away Holmes?