Author Topic: Paul George wants to play with Gordon Hayward  (Read 6372 times)

Re: Paul George wants to play with Gordon Hayward
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2017, 08:46:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
No thanks. PG13 is an expiring and is likely LA bound in 2 years.

If he agreed to a long term commitment if traded, then I'd consider it.

But it's likely he teams up with Westbrook in a few years with the Lakers.

There may be rumors, but I hope our brass can convince him to stay.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 08:50:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
No thanks. PG13 is an expiring and is likely LA bound in 2 years.

If he agreed to a long term commitment if traded, then I'd consider it.

But it's likely he teams up with Westbrook in a few years with the Lakers.

There may be rumors, but I hope our brass can convince him to stay.

I'd hope so too.

I love PG13 but I'm just looking it based on his understandable LA-love and contract situation.

I'd still go hard after either Hayward or Griffin this summer regardless.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 09:00:04 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Isn't Hayward form Indiana? I remember it being a big deal that Butler was one of only a few schools to offer him a scholarship.

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 09:09:01 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Sources tell Lowe that George would “love” to play with Gordon Hayward, who will likely become an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, as Lowe notes, the odds of Hayward signing with the Pacers probably aren’t great.

The odds of the Celtics getting Hayward is a lot more, in relative comparison, when you also add onto the fact George also likes watching IT play.
cue the next logical question to this commentary, if the C's were able to sign Hayward and trade for George, which one of them plays SG (or better yet, could one of them play SG)?

I don't see either as being able to slide to PF.  I would have think that if we traded for PG somehow, we'd have to part with probably 2 of AB/Crowder/Brown/Smart and the Nets 2017 and hope that was it. 

Question would be who we'd be able to add at C/PF to go with Horford as a vet.  Do we resign KO, Amir and/or Zeller?  I wouldn't want to have to count on Zizic in his first year for big minutes and wouldn't want to waste a year of an IT/Hayward/PG/Horford combination without a supporting cast that gets them into contention.

Hayward should play the 2. He's an adept passer, ball handler, and he's improved his shooting ability to force defenders to respect him. George is an excellent two player, and he's taller as everyone else mentioned.

George and Hayward have both played at the SG position, but George feels more like a natural 3 to me.

Plus as a better defender, and lankier, he's able to switch better on defense.

As for C, I know this isn't a sexy option or name. But is anyone interested in Gorgui Dieng?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 09:38:41 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Financially speaking, there is no way IT/Horford/George/Hayward can work. It is either George or Hayward. Personally, I'd rather have Hayward b/c I think he is a better fit.

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 09:56:55 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Financially speaking, there is no way IT/Horford/George/Hayward can work. It is either George or Hayward. Personally, I'd rather have Hayward b/c I think he is a better fit.

Why not? Once we sign Hayward with cap space, we could trade for George and then re-sign IT to whatever we want with Bird rights. We don't keep guys like Crowder, KO and Bradley then of course, they have to go out in a George deal. We lose our supporting cast but who cares? For a core of IT, Horford, George and Hayward it's totally worth it, and we can still keep some of the young guys like Smart and Rozier.

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 10:03:18 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Why not? Once we sign Hayward with cap space, we could trade for George and then re-sign IT to whatever we want with Bird rights. We don't keep guys like Crowder, KO and Bradley then of course, they have to go out in a George deal. We lose our supporting cast but who cares? For a core of IT, Horford, George and Hayward it's totally worth it, and we can still keep some of the young guys like Smart and Rozier.

Super long shot but that's how I imagined it'd work.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 10:06:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Championship teams should also have a good bench. We saw how it was for GSW when KD went down and had to dig deeper into their bench.

I kind of doubt this happens. Bradley + Crowder + 2017 BKN Pick gone in a deal for an expiring PG13? And that would also be an overpay for Butler if they target him instead.

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2017, 10:08:14 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Yeah, and I don't think it's that big of a long shot. Ainge was reportedly trying to trade for both Butler and George at this past deadline, that's probably why he didn't want to include certain assets in a Butler trade and vice-versa, he was trying to keep them to pull off both. That matches Wyc's comments afterwards that we are 2 players away. Ainge was however, very confident about this summer, and even reports from other GMs said they were scared of how confident Ainge is for this summer. I think he knows he can get either Butler or George in a trade after the draft, and is pretty convinced that Hayward is signing here.

I think it's also the major reason we didn't make any other trades this past deadline that would hurt our cap space for this summer.

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2017, 10:09:54 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Championship teams should also have a good bench. We saw how it was for GSW when KD went down and had to dig deeper into their bench.

I kind of doubt this happens. Bradley + Crowder + 2017 BKN Pick gone in a deal for an expiring PG13? And that would also be an overpay for Butler if they target him instead.

It is very easy to fill that bench with vet mins and our prospects.

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2017, 10:11:36 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

If we sign Hayward and are trading the BKN first in a package for Butler or George, I would be much more interested in the option of signing the pick and then trading AB, the pick, and DJax.

AB, Crowder, and the BKN pick just seems like too much and Crowder is exactly the type of player/contract you need on this team when we become contenders (he also works for the longer rebuild). If Crowder and AB are going out in a deal, then I am keeping the BKN pick if I'm Ainge - they can have the MEM pick instead.

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 10:13:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

If we sign Hayward and are trading the BKN first in a package for Butler or George, I would be much more interested in the option of signing the pick and then trading AB, the pick, and DJax.

AB, Crowder, and the BKN pick just seems like too much and Crowder is exactly the type of player/contract you need on this team when we become contenders (he also works for the longer rebuild). If Crowder and AB are going out in a deal, then I am keeping the BKN pick if I'm Ainge - they can have the MEM pick instead.

Yeah Crowder is like the best non-rookie contract out there for any 3 and D player (bargain).

I would hate to lose him. I think we need him tbh as well, even with Butler or George on board.

Very efficient, great hustle, starting to rebound well, and can play great defense.