Author Topic: Cousins at it again.. Could face suspension  (Read 8948 times)

Re: Cousins at it again.. Could face suspension
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2016, 05:03:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yes, Cousins is an angel and the newspaper goes out of its way to make him look bad.  Give me a break.

Yeah maybe he'll use those wings to fly to BOS soon and stay here the rest of his career.

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2016, 05:56:37 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
This guy's head is a puddle of mush. He'd get eaten alive by the media in Boston. Game changing talent no doubt. But he has a loser mentality that even a change of scenery won't change imo. He just doesn't have it between the ears.

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2016, 06:20:51 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
If he comes to Boston and keeps up the shenanigans...none of us should be surprised.

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2016, 06:21:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Come on down Boogie Cousins ....

We ll take you and cheer hard

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This guy's head is a puddle of mush. He'd get eaten alive by the media in Boston. Game changing talent no doubt. But he has a loser mentality that even a change of scenery won't change imo. He just doesn't have it between the ears.

Guys get it together sometimes. Zach Randolph, Rasheed Wallace. Even Starbury was a model teammate for most of his Boston run.

The key differences between Cousins and Draymond Green are teammates and their respective organizations.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2016, 06:58:32 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Guys get it together sometimes. Zach Randolph, Rasheed Wallace. Even Starbury was a model teammate for most of his Boston run.

The key differences between Cousins and Draymond Green are teammates and their respective organizations.

Yep, and can you think of a better role model vet for Cousins than Horford? That's one of the main reasons I'm still on board with bringing him here, even with his recent issues.

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2016, 07:15:42 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Yep, and can you think of a better role model vet for Cousins than Horford? That's one of the main reasons I'm still on board with bringing him here, even with his recent issues.
My concern would be Stevens.  I don't think he handled Rondo particularly well and Cousins is on a whole different level.  I'd be a lot more confident of making it work if Doc was coach. 

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

The key differences between Cousins and Draymond Green are[appear to be] teammates and their respective organizations.
We don't have enough evidence to make the type of psychological evaluation you are making
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2016, 07:20:55 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Funny, I never see Draymond Green pouting.  Green is a different kind of jerk, not at all similar to Cousins.

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2016, 07:22:09 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

My concern would be Stevens.  I don't think he handled Rondo particularly well and Cousins is on a whole different level.  I'd be a lot more confident of making it work if Doc was coach.

Dealing with Rondo was different, the team was rebuilding, they just drafted Smart and DA probably told him he was on his way out. So there was nothing in it for Rondo. And the only really big thing was the birthday thing, and they down played it because he was on the block.

Cousins played well a couple years ago under a coach he really respected, very few issues. He's never had a teammate that would hold him accountable. As long as you don't give up the kitchen sink, you'll have guys like IT,Horford, and Crowder heeping him in check.

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Funny, I never see Draymond Green pouting.  Green is a different kind of jerk, not at all similar to Cousins.

You see him whining to the media. You see him getting a ton of techs. You see him getting suspended from Finals games. You see him flashing his junk on social media. You see him confronting coaches and teammates. You see him complaining about not getting enough shots. You see him getting arrested.

I wonder how people would see Green if his best teammate was Rudy Gay.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2016, 08:39:05 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

You see him whining to the media. You see him getting a ton of techs. You see him getting suspended from Finals games. You see him flashing his junk on social media. You see him confronting coaches and teammates. You see him complaining about not getting enough shots. You see him getting arrested.

I think the question with Cousins is different than it is with those other guys, because his upside is to be the franchise guy. The 1A superstar. Those other guys got it together but didn't end up being team leaders at a championship level.

I think a more hopeful analogy would be our own Paul Pierce, who was in many regards a knucklehead for quite a while. Though one could argue (and I would) that he was never the alpha dog when we were contending, certainly not the sole one. It's pretty hard to be a temperamental jerk when you have KG setting an example in terms of unselfishness and dedication to winning above all, and when Jesus is showing up at age 32 with 5% body fat and spending 4000 hours shooting jumpers every day.

If we got Cousins I think we would also need another guy or two to set the examples. I don't know whether Horford and IT are those guys.

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2016, 09:13:34 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Yes, Cousins is an angel and the newspaper goes out of its way to make him look bad.  Give me a break.

Huh. Who said that?
Several people are implying that.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2016, 09:22:19 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

When he becomes agitated you see him compete harder.  The opposite is true of Cousins.

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2016, 09:24:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Huh. Who said that?
Several people are implying that.
Ive yet to see that.

People are saying the newspaper goes out of its way to make him look bad, but not that Cousins is an angel.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.