Author Topic: Cousins at it again.. Could face suspension  (Read 8992 times)

Cousins at it again.. Could face suspension
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:42:13 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
I don't care what anyone says, this guy is a knucklehead at the highest level. I think it would be the worst decision ever made bringing this type of character defect into our locker room with the youth that we have. If PP, KG, RA... Established vets who possibly could tame him, were here... Maybe, but not with the group we have now. Even to put Brad through that would be unfair. STAY AWAY DANNY!

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/joyce-terhaar/article121429187.html
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Re: Cousins at it again.. Could face suspension
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 01:57:16 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I hope this makes the Kings more willing to trade him.  I don't care that he yelled at a reporter.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 02:00:20 PM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
I wouldn't trade Zeller for the idiot. Stay away from this loser!!

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 02:03:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
For the journalists who cover the Kings, Cousins’ tirade and threat to refuse the required NBA post-game interview is an all-too-familiar pattern of abusive behavior.

“He is a bully, to be sure,” said Bee columnist Ailene Voisin, who has extensive experience covering the NBA, as well as the NFL and MLB. “He bullies everybody. He bullies his coaches, his teammates, team employees, reporters.

“But this is the first time I have heard of him intimidating anyone physically,” she said. “He normally glares, stares and refuses to speak to the cluster of reporters if someone is present that he is annoyed with at that particular time. Or, he will simply refuse to answer a question from an offending reporter.”

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 02:03:35 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I am not interested in Cousins, despite the undeniable talent.

However, if his stock falls so much that the Kings just feel they have to get rid of him...

Amir and our 2018 pick....?

Not interested in giving up any of our top assets for him no matter how talented he is.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
DeMarcus Cousins is a looser.  A very talented looser, but still a looser. He has no control over his emotions from moment to moment. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he is in need of medication to deal with this emotional rollercoaster he rides on. 

The teams, and the coaches he has worked with in his NBA career haven't been that bad, it's he that is incapable of being leader enough to make his teammates better, and jell as one unit. He has no leadership skills at all.

There was a correct way to deal with the "questionable" question, the a reporter asked...Cousins decided to take the loud, bully route, no surprise at all.

Do I want him on the Celtics, not really.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 02:47:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd still take him in a second.  Cousins has some anger issues, but what he needs more than anything is a change of scenery.

I'm pretty disappointed in stuff like this, but he's still an undeniable, game-changing talent.  He has definitely seemed to escalate this off-season into the early season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I read the column and watched the video. I'm not going to defend Cousins' use of profanity or his bullying, but I do think it's silly that some people are clamoring about censorship without, apparently, realizing that Cousins is also exercising one of his rights—freedom of speech.

He's well within his rights to be upset at someone's coverage of him, even if you think he shouldn't be upset; and he's well within his rights to say (or not say) what he wants to say (or not say). The NBA's rules don't specify the details of a player's media "availability," they say only that he has to be available. If he's there in the locker room (which he has been), that fulfills his requirements. If certain people want him to be forced to give more (which is itself an ethics violation, in my opinion), it would have to be done through the collective bargaining process.

And yes, I still want him on the Celtics.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 03:14:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Beggars can't be choosers.

I would still be willing to give up a BKN pick and a top (young) asset to get him. I agree with Roy that the thing he needs most is a change of scenery, but we would have to hope that we immediately begin winning 60+ games a year because Cousins has proven to be nothing but a hindrance on a bad team.

I understand his frustration, but he is still a total baby and bully. Those things would likely be better hidden on a winning team.

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 03:35:47 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Both the media and Cousins are bullies.  Look at that old man and group of hipsters bullying cousins lol. It's 5 on 1.

Cousins needs to cool it but the media does love to make people look bad and bring out the worst in people.

Even when it's not there. In Boogie's case he shouldn't be making himself look bad like that.

He's upset. Whatever. Not like the media was trying to console him either.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:44:39 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 03:56:04 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Cousins needs a course on how to stand up for himself.  It's that head movement  where he jumps into him.  He's an old man who he should be respecting.  Cousins obviously felt differently and disrespected.  I get people are different though and get p---ed sometimes and just lose it.

Tired of people trying to make others look bad though. Cousins did a good job of that himself but even still.

He may have even done something wrong.  I don't know him though.

Who knows what happened at that nightclub too. There are jerks out there.  It might have been Boogie it might have not been.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 03:58:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
What I find most troubling is the author (Ms. Terhaar) referencing DeMarcus Cousins by his SIZE..

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 03:58:47 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I wouldn't trade Zeller for the idiot. Stay away from this loser!!
hahahhaha

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 04:12:05 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
It's just funny is all that it's ok for Horford's wife to call Felger unlikeable because Felger wanted him to play.

IT went off on felger and the fans too but that's fine.  It's all how you go about it I guess and who it is.

Boogie is the bad guy here because he apparently did something bad.

People have said worse about the media when it's not even Felger. 

Heinsohn has called the nba stupid.  It's all about how you go about it. Or who you agree with.

Even then sometimes it's tricky.

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 04:19:08 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Boogie is the boogie man.