Author Topic: Noel + Hayward  (Read 1204 times)

Noel + Hayward
« on: December 17, 2016, 12:23:17 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Offer up 1 of the nets picks, plus later picks, Crowder, Zeller and filler ie Young, etc and let Utah and Philly fight over who gets what.  If they agree to sign an extension with us.  The ball is in our court.  Better than losing these guys for less than value or nothing.

IF it was that easy it would be done though.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:30:32 PM by walker834 »

Re: Noel + Hayward
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 02:30:01 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Offer up 1 of the nets picks, plus later picks, Crowder, Zeller and filler ie Young, etc and let Utah and Philly fight over who gets what.  If they agree to sign an extension with us.  The ball is in our court.  Better than losing these guys for less than value or nothing.

IF it was that easy it would be done though.

Or ... Just wait till free agency and sign them both without loosing any assets.   

I can actually see a trade for Noel during the season, but not including the Brooklyn pick.    The only players I can see those picks moving for are not available, and from what I’ve seen of college Basketball so far, it would be hard to convince me to move a top five pick in the 2017 draft. 

With Noel’s injury history, lack of playing time, and historic offensive deficiencies he is rapidly moving away from max money.  If we could negotiate a reasonable sign and trade deal that would be ideal.  Lock up Noel in season and focus on Hayward in free agency.   

That said any trade for Noel would have to include fair value.  Philly needs guard help bad, and the tandem of Bradley and Rozier would work nicely, only I would have made that trade last year.  Now the value of Bradley and Rozier have both gone up, while Noel is dropping in value.    I would do Rozier and young but who would they cut to make room for Young, so it’s really a Rozier for Noel trade.   So if we trade it would most like be a 1:1 deal, with the possibility of a meaningless second rounder or two as icing or maybe the rights to Yabusele or Nader. 

I see three viable options for a strait up trade for Noel:

Rozier for Noel – This gives them the point guard they need.  Rozier can also slide to the SG spot if Philly drafts one of the coveted point guards.  But it also allows Philly the ability to go for a SF in Josh Jackson or Jason Tatum.  This provides Philly with a lot of flexibility going into the draft and free agency.

Bradley for Noel – I was not on board with Bradley for several years, but I’ve come around to accepting that he has become a really good two-way player.  He could start on a championship team.  However, we can’t sign both IT and Bradley to the money they will want, so there is a good chance we loose Bradley to a higher bidder unless he is willing to give us a home town discount.  Philly needs wing scoring and Bradley is definitely a good wing score and adds the benefit of being a great defender.  Philly can use their lotto pick on a stud point guard and the Lakers lotto pick on a SF.  Philly rebuild would be over.

Smart for Noel – I do think we are overvaluing smart and Philly is over valuing Noel.  So this trade would be a good strait up trade.  As much as I really do like Smart, I would rather have Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, or Dennis Smith, even though they are unproven.  I think they will all be great players and I see them as having more to offer long term then Smart, who I see as the 6th or 7th man on a champion ship team.   

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 02:58:07 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Not seeing any reason to assume Hayward wants out. His team is winning despite not being healthy.

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 03:33:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Noel and Hayward would make Boston a title contender

G: Isaiah, Smart
G: Bradley, Smart
F: Hayward, Crowder
F: Horford, Jerebko
C: Noel, Olynyk

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Noel and Hayward would make Boston a title contender

G: Isaiah, Smart
G: Bradley, Smart
F: Hayward, Crowder
F: Horford, Jerebko
C: Noel, Olynyk

I like that roster, so I guess we would be giving up Roz, Jaylen in the process?  But I like that roster a lot better with Jaylen still part of it.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 05:41:11 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Nets 2018 and Crowder for Hayward.

Brown, Rozier, and Johnson for Noel.

But yeah I see no reason why Utah would want to be moving Gordon and vice versa.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 05:51:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Nets 2018 and Crowder for Hayward.

Brown, Rozier, and Johnson for Noel.

But yeah I see no reason why Utah would want to be moving Gordon and vice versa.

Rozier and Johnson is a little much for me in a Noel trade. Why on earth are you including Brown in a deal for a troubled player who is under contract for only half a year??

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 06:07:43 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Two things,

1. We won't have the cap space to sign Noel and Hayward next year right?
Both want Max contracts. And how would Hayward even fit if we have Crowder and need to develop Brown?

2. Was just chatting on twitter with Alex Kungu about this. He says Jackson, Young, Amir, Non-BK first and two seconds could get it done. IF that gets it done then do it now. The thing is we have to beat other teams offers since other teams do want Noel. I say include Rozier in the deal and replace him with our 2017 Nets pick next year. There are a slew of incredible guards in this draft and not many bigs.

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 06:18:50 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
IT/Smart
AB/Bk2017 (Fultz/Ball/Smith/Fox)
Crowder/Jaylen
Horford/Yabu
Noel/Zizic

Really like the way this looks and it's super realistic