Author Topic: Noel Frustration: Celtics trade coming?  (Read 31132 times)

Re: Noel Frustration: Celtics trade coming?
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2017, 04:09:53 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
So you would want to trade Rozier and his 3 seasons left on a cap friendly, rookie scale contract for a 3 month rental of Noel???

Glad you're not GM...
Absolutely.  Rozier isn't any good.   Rozier is a terrible shooter, terrible passer, can't initiate the offense, and is a poor defender.  The only thing he does reasonably well is rebound the ball.  He won't be in the playoff rotation this year and may not even be on the team next year, especially if Fultz or Ball gets drafted.  Frankly, I'd be pretty surprised if Rozier last his entire 4 year rookie contract on the Celtics and wouldn't be all that surprised if he doesn't even get a second contract.  I don't even think Boston could have traded Rozier and a couple of 2nds to Philly to acquire Noel as I think Anderson is better prospect than Rozier is, but it would have been worth the try because Noel actually would have had a place on the team both this year and long term (assuming someone better didn't come along in free agency).  I'd also rather have used a cap hold on Noel than Olynyk, so if I'm picking which player to let go, that is an easy choice.
Rozier is a much better 3 point shooter, rebounder, and passer than Justin Anderson.
Anderson averages more rpg, more rpm, and has higher RB% than Rozier, yet that somehow equates to Rozier being a better rebounder than Anderson.  Rozier is better from three and is a better passer (though as a PG he should be a better passer than a wing).  Anderson is much more efficient from 2 point range.  Neither one has very good defensive stats or metrics, though I do think Anderson has shown a bit more defensively at this stage than Rozier (though Rozier has shown enough potential that he can be a solid defender).  Each is in their 2nd year without a significant age gap (Anderson is 118 days older).  I'd say they are fairly similar "prospects" on the whole, but neither without significant improvement will last in the league all that long.  I also expect Rozier to be a roster casualty in the near future because he is already only the 3rd best PG on the team and there is a very good chance Boston gets another PG this summer in the draft.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
So you would want to trade Rozier and his 3 seasons left on a cap friendly, rookie scale contract for a 3 month rental of Noel???

Glad you're not GM...
Absolutely.  Rozier isn't any good.   Rozier is a terrible shooter, terrible passer, can't initiate the offense, and is a poor defender.  The only thing he does reasonably well is rebound the ball.  He won't be in the playoff rotation this year and may not even be on the team next year, especially if Fultz or Ball gets drafted.  Frankly, I'd be pretty surprised if Rozier last his entire 4 year rookie contract on the Celtics and wouldn't be all that surprised if he doesn't even get a second contract.  I don't even think Boston could have traded Rozier and a couple of 2nds to Philly to acquire Noel as I think Anderson is better prospect than Rozier is, but it would have been worth the try because Noel actually would have had a place on the team both this year and long term (assuming someone better didn't come along in free agency).  I'd also rather have used a cap hold on Noel than Olynyk, so if I'm picking which player to let go, that is an easy choice.
Rozier is a much better 3 point shooter, rebounder, and passer than Justin Anderson.
Anderson averages more rpg, more rpm, and has higher RB% than Rozier, yet that somehow equates to Rozier being a better rebounder than Anderson.  Rozier is better from three and is a better passer (though as a PG he should be a better passer than a wing).  Anderson is much more efficient from 2 point range.  Neither one has very good defensive stats or metrics, though I do think Anderson has shown a bit more defensively at this stage than Rozier (though Rozier has shown enough potential that he can be a solid defender).  Each is in their 2nd year without a significant age gap (Anderson is 118 days older).  I'd say they are fairly similar "prospects" on the whole, but neither without significant improvement will last in the league all that long.  I also expect Rozier to be a roster casualty in the near future because he is already only the 3rd best PG on the team and there is a very good chance Boston gets another PG this summer in the draft.
Anderson is terrible. He can't even get consistent run on a 76ers team that has depleted their roster to the point of signing multiple guys to 10 day contracts.

« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Right now we need rozier to cover for the day we trade smart.  Can't be soon enough,  sick to death of his 2-10 shooting nights every second night.

« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2017, 05:04:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Glad you're not GM...
Anderson is terrible. He can't even get consistent run on a 76ers team that has depleted their roster to the point of signing multiple guys to 10 day contracts.
what are you talking about?  Anderson has missed 1 game since he was traded to Philly and after his first two games has only been under 10 minutes twice and has been over 20 minutes 7 times and is averaging 17.8 mpg.  That is pretty much the definition of a bench player. 

« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2017, 06:42:37 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Glad you're not GM...
Absolutely.  Rozier isn't any good.   

So given this, what makes you think Philly would want him?

« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Glad you're not GM...
Absolutely.  Rozier isn't any good.   

So given this, what makes you think Philly would want him?
cause Anderson isn't exactly good and at least Rozier is a PG i.e. Philly's weakest position