Author Topic: John Wall (rumor)  (Read 2276 times)

John Wall (rumor)
« on: December 17, 2016, 12:09:30 AM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25

Re: John Wall (rumor)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 02:10:20 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
At least IT and a BKN pick. Is the upgrade worth it and is it even an upgrade? Just because IT is shorter doesn't mean he doesn't have an impact on winning. The Bos roster isn't so amazing outside of IT that it is clearly better than Was. Is IT a clear downgrade from Wall? I don't necessarily think so. I would likely do a 1-1 trade, but including that BKN pick is a no-go for me.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 02:15:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Meh, if IT continues his play I think IT and the memphis pick will do
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 03:13:17 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
At least IT and a BKN pick. Is the upgrade worth it and is it even an upgrade? Just because IT is shorter doesn't mean he doesn't have an impact on winning. The Bos roster isn't so amazing outside of IT that it is clearly better than Was. Is IT a clear downgrade from Wall? I don't necessarily think so. I would likely do a 1-1 trade, but including that BKN pick is a no-go for me.

Wall is also a legit two-way player who wouldn't be a deficit on that side of the ball and would actually make us scary with our perimeter D.

You also have to think that a Cousins trade would be almost guaranteed after a Wall trade. They have long expressed their desire to play together again, even recently. A Wall trade could force Cousins to ultimately try and direct himself to Boston.

That being said, I don't think he's available at all. Further, though I'd certainly do IT and the 2018 pick for him without blinking, since I think he's ultimately a much safer long-term investment than IT, he'd probably only marginally improve us by himself, and it'd mostly be just defensively.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 08:53:44 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Wall is also a legit two-way player who wouldn't be a deficit on that side of the ball and would actually make us scary with our perimeter D.

You also have to think that a Cousins trade would be almost guaranteed after a Wall trade. They have long expressed their desire to play together again, even recently. A Wall trade could force Cousins to ultimately try and direct himself to Boston.

That being said, I don't think he's available at all. Further, though I'd certainly do IT and the 2018 pick for him without blinking, since I think he's ultimately a much safer long-term investment than IT, he'd probably only marginally improve us by himself, and it'd mostly be just defensively.
If Ainge could pull off trading for Wall and Cousins, there ought to be an immediate petition to have a monument built to him.  I'd definitely trade IT, Amir (filler) and the Nets 2018 pick for Wall.  Cousins, Wall, Horford, Bradley and Crowder would be a very well balanced contender for at least the next 5 years. This offseason we'd only have 77M tied up in our starters so we'd be able to put together a solid bench. 

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 01:35:36 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
something to consider is that Thomas is only under contract for 1 more year, then you probably have to pay him $25+ million per year on his next contract. where as Wall has 2 more years at ~$16.75 and $17.8 million per year.