Author Topic: Amir for Casspi and Koufos  (Read 1647 times)

Amir for Casspi and Koufos
« on: December 16, 2016, 11:03:03 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Would this work if we threw in either the Memphis or Clipper first rounder?

http://www.atthehive.com/2016/12/15/13974166/kemba-walker-to-miss-boston-celtics-game

Thoughts?

Smitty77
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:58:13 AM by Smitty77 »

Re: Amir for Casspi and Koufos
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:54:51 AM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Idk, I'll pass.

Koufos has another two or three years on the books for 8+ and I'd rather not dump those picks.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 12:06:49 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Who would we cut to make room for the extra player coming in? If we've learnt anything the last few years it's that DA won't cut a player unless he absolutely has to.

Also I don't see us making a move that impacts summer cap space unless it's for a superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 12:37:33 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If this was AJ, DJ, Grizz 1st and two 2nd rounders for Rudy Gay and Lab I'd say yes.

Play Gay or Crowder at the 4 in a Melo/PG up tempo attack. Lab gives the team another big to develop long term.

Starters= IT, AB, Crowder, Gay, AL
Bench=Rozier, Smart, Brown, JJ, KO, Zeller
Reserves=Young, Mickey, Lab

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 01:22:07 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Who would we cut to make room for the extra player coming in? If we've learnt anything the last few years it's that DA won't cut a player unless he absolutely has to.

Also I don't see us making a move that impacts summer cap space unless it's for a superstar

Good point about our cap for next year.  We could throw in Mickey too I think.  I checked and including Mickey works on realgm.com trade checker.

Smitty77

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 01:31:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
My thoughts are that somehow you found two players that suck more than Amir. This couldn't have been easy.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 01:48:01 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Just swap Zeller and some 2nds for WCS. See what happens
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 01:54:27 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
My thoughts are that somehow you found two players that suck more than Amir. This couldn't have been easy.

Gee, thanks SO much Koz.  I love you too:-))  Yes, we certainly do NOT need any help on offense and in rebounding, do we Koz??

Koufos averaged almost 2 more rebounds per game than Amir!!  Koufas is also a TRUE 7-foot CENTER and not a PF.  We SURE could use a real center on this team Koz!!!

Casspi is shooting 47.5% overall and 38.5% from three which would make him one of the best shooters on our team.  But, you are of course right Koz, we surely do NOT need any proven scoring off of our bench. 

We are SET in the scoring and rebounding departments!!

My bad Koz.

I will try to do better.

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 02:05:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Gee, thanks SO much Koz.  I love you too:-))  Yes, we certainly do NOT need any help on offense and in rebounding, do we Koz??

Koufos averaged almost 2 more rebounds per game than Amir!!  Koufas is also a TRUE 7-foot CENTER and not a PF.  We SURE could use a real center on this team Koz!!!

Casspi is shooting 47.5% overall and 38.5% from three which would make him one of the best shooters on our team.  But, you are of course right Koz, we surely do NOT need any proven scoring off of our bench. 

We are SET in the scoring and rebounding departments!!

My bad Koz.

I will try to do better.

Smitty77
Whether we need help or not, Koufos and Casspi are horrible.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 02:10:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I like Casspi and Koufos, but not enough to give up much in the way of future value, or compromise significant cap space.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain