Author Topic: Rudy Gay?  (Read 1387 times)

Rudy Gay?
« on: December 16, 2016, 11:01:13 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Would Amir (really an expiring) and Young and a Memphis first and our Clipper first be enough to get Gay??

Smitty77

Re: Rudy Gay?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 01:28:05 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Wow.  I hate to reply to my own thread, but there is seriously NOT any interest in acquiring the likely expiring Gay to see if he fits!!!

He has an opt out and is SURE to do so with the new CBA.

Smitty77

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd think they would not want Young include. But would take DJ.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I would not want to waste the memphis and clippers pick on rudy
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP, Smitty....I'll reply, because I think that getting Gay is a good idea.

I'd do your trade ,although, I'd rather wait till Jan 15 and use Zeller so Amir's larger salary could be used in another trade.

I'd love to roll out a lineup of Horford, Gay, Crowder, Bradley and IT.

Gay is still relatively young (only 30), durable and gives us rebounding and scoring at the wing. 35% career 3 point shooter averaging 6 rebounds per game on a team that has a monster rebounder and averaging 19 ppg is someone we could use.

And I agree. Unless injured (and he has proven his durability) will opt out. No brainer for me.

Also, I never bought into that specious negativity on him that every team that he's left gets dramatically better (implying that is because he left.)

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 02:57:19 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I'd do your trade ,although, I'd rather wait till Jan 15 and use Zeller so Amir's larger salary could be used in another trade.

Gay is still relatively young (only 30), durable and gives us rebounding and scoring at the wing. 35% career 3 point shooter averaging 6 rebounds per game on a team that has a monster rebounder and averaging 19 ppg is someone we could use.

And I agree. Unless injured (and he has proven his durability) will opt out. No brainer for me.

Also, I never bought into that specious negativity on him that every team that he's left gets dramatically better (implying that is because he left.)

Thanks CFfan!!!  I think you are very correct about waiting, IF we can do so.  I fear that OKC or someone else might nab Gay before the deadline. 

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 02:59:09 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I would not want to waste the memphis and clippers pick on rudy

How much will two picks likely in the twenties really help us??  We already have two recent first rounders playing overseas waiting to come over with us.  How many more such draft picks do we need?

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 05:44:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Thanks CFfan!!!  I think you are very correct about waiting, IF we can do so.  I fear that OKC or someone else might nab Gay before the deadline. 

Smitty77

You might be right.

Gay to the Cavs to replace Smith concerns me, though I'm not sure what the Cavs can offer in addition to Kay Felder. I think Gay makes the Cavs even better, which wouldn't be good for us.

Also, Gay and Collison to the cHeat for Dragic (rumored earlier in the year) would not be good since acquiring Dragic likely would mean that the Kings won't be trading Cousins. But, it would take the cHeat out of tankapalooza.

What, if anything, the Kings do with Gay, I think will be a good bell-weather for what they will or won't do with Cousins.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 10:14:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
According to history, Gay only makes his team better when he is traded away.  (see Memphis and Toronto)

I do not want him on the Celtics.

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 10:15:38 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Rudy Gay is never ever the answer.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers