Author Topic: Fultz vs Ball - who is the best pg of the 2017 draft?  (Read 17892 times)

Fultz vs Ball - who is the best pg of the 2017 draft?
« on: December 16, 2016, 08:47:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
And if we manage to draft either what happens to the Celts guard depth?

Re: Fultz vs Ball - who is the best pg of the 2017 draft?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 08:51:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Fultz by a mile. He can do everything well and has some areas where he's straight up elite at, while Ball is more of a risky prospect. If we do draft Fultz, I would want to trade one of rozier or Smart with some more assets like the memphis pick plus a prospect like yabu for a high pick in the draft to get either Giles or Markennan (imo Giles would slip to around 5 or 6 in this draft). Guys may say the package isn't enough but let's think of it; is Smart, Mem pick, Clippers pick, Yabu and filler isn't enough for a 5 or 6 pick?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 08:52:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Both nightly triple double threats

Ball highlights
https://youtu.be/lgUUEa7NxMU

Fultz highlights
https://youtu.be/hYOyHbHgdfo

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:53:13 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I don't think Ball is on the level of Fultz.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 08:54:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Fultz by a mile. He can do everything well and has some areas where he's straight up elite at, while Ball is more of a risky prospect. If we do draft Fultz, I would want to trade one of rozier or Smart with some more assets like the memphis pick plus a prospect like yabu for a high pick in the draft to get either Giles or Markennan (imo Giles would slip to around 5 or 6 in this draft). Guys may say the package isn't enough but let's think of it; is Smart, Mem pick, Clippers pick, Yabu and filler isn't enough for a 5 or 6 pick?

Not sure by a mile... Ball actually is ahead of Fultz in some mock drafts.   Both are blue chip pg prospects for sure

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 08:57:01 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Not sure by a mile... Ball actually is ahead of Fultz in some mock drafts.   Both are blue chip pg prospects for sure
Well, maybe I was exaggerating but I don't think Ball is ahead of Fultz in any way; he's way less polished and his potential is roughly the same; he's a more high risk prospect that would most likely bear the same rewards even if he pans out
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 09:04:42 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Ball is the better pure point guard but Fultz is no doubt the better player right now.

Edit: I've seen Ball play twice and Fultz once on TV. I've seen many highlights of both though and Fultz definitely steals the show.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 09:07:21 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
double post

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 09:11:50 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If we manage to land the #2 pick, either of these players would be a nice grab...(unless Giles proves he is healthy and plays up to expectations)

One of IT4, Smart or Rozier would need to go though

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
If we manage to land the #2 pick, either of these players would be a nice grab...(unless Giles proves he is healthy and plays up to expectations)

We are already in a situation where one of IT, Smart, Rozier or Bradley needs to go.

Not enough minutes to go around for all 4 guards.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 09:21:22 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I think you can add Bradley to this list if Fultz is the pick. Bradley is playing really well and we can get better quality player in a trade than the other 3.
I really don't want Ball to be the pick. I'd rather get Tatum, maybe Giles (to be determined later) or Isaac (has a really nice jumper)

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 09:27:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think you can add Bradley to this list if Fultz is the pick. Bradley is playing really well and we can get better quality player in a trade than the other 3.
I really don't want Ball to be the pick. I'd rather get Tatum, maybe Giles (to be determined later) or Isaac (has a really nice jumper)

Why dont you like ball??

He is jason kidd, mike conley jr like... Very unselfish but also can shoot, and score. Very good rebounder...

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 09:57:18 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Why dont you like ball??

He is jason kidd, mike conley jr like... Very unselfish but also can shoot, and score. Very good rebounder...
I do see a lot of Jason Kidd in him but Kidd played D and was unreal with the ball in his hands. I like Ball just not with one of the top picks. His outside shot is really ugly and not sure he'll be able  to get it off in the pros if it does go in on a regular basis and the other team gets in his grill. I reserve the right to change my mind as it's still early in the season and conference play is just about to start. :)

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 09:58:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Why dont you like ball??

I do see a lot of Jason Kidd in him but Kidd played D and was unreal with the ball in his hands. I like Ball just not with one of the top picks. He outside shot is really ugly and not sure he'll be able  to get it off in the pros if it does go in on a regular basis and the other team gets in his grill. I reserve the right to change my mind as it's still early in the season and conference play is just about to start.

Not allowed :p

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 10:01:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Ball shootimg might be unorthodox but it is a hair trigger release at least

Decent accuracy

Yes not quite the defender nor ball handler Kidd was.

Thats why imo he is more of a kidd/conley jr hybrid