Author Topic: Hornets (14-12) at Celtics (13-12) Game #26 12/16/16  (Read 32627 times)

Re: Hornets (14-12) at Celtics (13-12) Game #26 12/16/16
« Reply #285 on: December 16, 2016, 10:16:14 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
And this is where we missed IT. His iso scoring, especially at the end of the game, is highly needed with our personnel.

No we missed IT's all-around affect on the game. Stop painting him out as some selfish stat driven player. He want's to win just as much or more than Smart. He just puts up the numbers and Ws to prove it

You are literally insufferable. Who the hell said anything about Smart?

Do me a favor - just block my posts. Then you won't have to try and respond to every single post I make that you disagree with trying to prove me wrong. It's just like the other night with your crazy claims about Smart being owned by Parker that you just kept insisting on that did not bear out in reality.

You literally provided no evidence of Smart playing good defense throughout an entire game on Tony Parker so there's that.

Dude ever since we lost that game in Houston you've been a constant start Smart because he's a better defender and will make our team better. He also keeps the ball moving better than IT.

You've been saying that the entire time.

So by saying that oh we missed IT only because of his iso scoring offense is just another snide way to take a shot at IT.

I'm just sick of this selfish narrative you continue to spew out about IT which is clearly not true.

Good Lord, I am so sick of posters who put words in other people's mouths. Me complimenting IT and saying we needed his scoring is me taking a shot at IT now, huh? You totally know my intentions and can read my mind through my posts now? That's about the best example of confirmation bias that I've ever seen where you can spin a compliment of IT into something negative. Good job; Good effort.  ::)

And I *literally* have been saying start Smart WITH IT, not for him. This is primarily because it helps our bench scoring and shooting with Bradley, which we greatly need. Further it ups our overall defense and size in the starting unit, which we also need, and it keeps IT's iso scoring in the offense while also taking advantage of Smart's ability to initiate the offense. But again, yeah, you know better than I do about what I've been saying...

Oh, and I'm not sure that you understand what the word "literally" means. I went through the entire game and literally provided the evidence with exact times that showed how nonsensical your claim about Parker owning Smart was. Of course, you never commented after that because it was clear your claim was non-sense. See below:

So I just went back and watched the ending again, and Parker never scored on Smart. He scored on a fastbreak at 5:39, and he scored on a mismatch drive on JJ at 4:31 left in the game that I earlier attributed to Smart. Smart also stole the ball from Parker at 6:00 and 4:01.

And your example that you're trying to use is really, really weak. It was a loose pick and pop where Gasol went out toward the three point line, and Amir hedged and stayed on Parker way too long trying to double-team him. That's not something that you can attribute to Smart. That's Amir's issue for not recognizing a shooting big. Smart did as much as you could in that scenario. The same thing happened on the other assist with Horford and Gasol, who basically just shot over Horford. Those are extremely weak, ridiculous examples to try and use to show Smart is "bad" at defense.

You want to know who Parker really went off on - Rozier. Here's the rundown of what happened.

Parker came in the game at 9:07 with Rozier guarding him. He scored on a jumpshot on that possession at 8:48. The very next possession he scored again on a jumpshot with Rozier trailing him at 8:48. The very next possession he got away from Rozier and assisted on a Bertrans three at 7:54. Then Smart took him for the next possession, and Green got his shot blocked by Brown on that possession at 7:28. Finally, the next possession after that Rozier took Parker back on defense, and Parker scored again on a layup at 7:07.

So Parker only scored twice on Smart in the first quarter for four points, and the second one was even a clear offensive foul that even Hubie Brown said was a bad no-call. He scored in third with a shot over AB at 8:27. And he scored 6 on Rozier, 2 on JJ, and 2 on a fastbreak.

So, again, I don't know what you're seeing here. Please tell me how Parker totally "exposed" Smart all game. Marcus stole the ball from Parker as many times as Parker made shots with Smart guarding him. There are plenty of things to criticize Smart about, but his defense is not one of them.

So just do everyone a favor and block me so you don't have to see anymore of my posts. I'm sure everyone else is just as tired of your juvenile attempts to prove me wrong by putting words in my mouth and trying to prove every post I make as wrong.

« Reply #286 on: December 16, 2016, 10:21:34 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If Amir isn't going to contribute, we should start Jerebco.

And this team should be looking to develop Brown as quickly as possible to replace Crowder. Jay has value, just not as a starter. He's a fair 3 point shooter, but he doesn't go to the basket anymore, he doesn't rebound, and he's undersized... kind of like the entire team.

« Reply #287 on: December 16, 2016, 10:23:31 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
jpotter you seem like a good guy.  I have people do that to me too when people don't know my intent and it's annoying.

people need to lighten up in general.  It's just an internet forum.

« Reply #288 on: December 16, 2016, 10:23:38 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Allowed only 39 points in the 2nd half.  I'll gladly take it

On 27% shooting no less. If we can solve the rebounding problem we could look reeeeeally good

We are still yet to put together a full game with our defense from last year, but we're definitely improving in that regard.

If Brown manages to pass Rozier on the depth chart we just might (not only is he a better defender than Rozier, but there would be much less small ball)
Danny will need to continue to showcase him before the deadline
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #289 on: December 16, 2016, 10:31:34 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Marcus and Avery 7 rebs each  8)

How many for that stud KO

;D

CHA guards rebounded well too. Lamb (16 min) and Sessions had 6 each.

« Reply #290 on: December 16, 2016, 10:32:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Allowed only 39 points in the 2nd half.  I'll gladly take it

On 27% shooting no less. If we can solve the rebounding problem we could look reeeeeally good

We are still yet to put together a full game with our defense from last year, but we're definitely improving in that regard.

If Brown manages to pass Rozier on the depth chart we just might (not only is he a better defender than Rozier, but there would be much less small ball)

I think we're playing Rozier so much due to showcasing. He seems to be the prime candidate to be traded, because I think Smart is much more valuable to a contending team (like we would be with a big trade - thinking Sacramento) than to a rebuilding team, which means his trade value isn't all that high.

It's frustrating how Brown's playing time fluctuates so much. We clearly need another swing-type behind Crowder, but Brad prefers to go super small instead, which I just hate.

« Reply #291 on: December 16, 2016, 10:35:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

And this team should be looking to develop Brown as quickly as possible to replace Crowder. Jay has value, just not as a starter. He's a fair 3 point shooter, but he doesn't go to the basket anymore, he doesn't rebound, and he's undersized... kind of like the entire team.

Agree on all counts. I think Brad is finally starting to come around with not starting Amir, because he's been playing less and less with the main guys lately. I believe he even started JJ in the second half.

And it is frustrating to see Brown's playing time fluctuate so much. I wonder if that is partly due to trying to keep his value down so we don't lose him in any trade, because Brad has seemingly yanked Jaylen several times in recent games when he's been doing pretty well.

« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2016, 10:47:21 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Marcus and Avery 7 rebs each  8)

How many for that stud KO

;D

CHA guards rebounded well too. Lamb (16 min) and Sessions had 6 each.

They got the same problem we got ......a Zeller too

« Reply #293 on: December 16, 2016, 10:48:54 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Makes me wonder if Amir is hurting again .....feet , knees ....something ....he isn't jumping and running hard again.