Author Topic: The Great Boogie Heist (New Simmons Article)  (Read 7792 times)

The Great Boogie Heist (New Simmons Article)
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
https://theringer.com/nba-sliding-doors-demarcus-cousins-boston-celtics-good-boogie-967f2f1b26e4

Sliding doors type article written from the perspective of a couple of seasons down the line.

Bill thinks it will take Brooklyn’s 2017 lottery pick, Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, and two protected first-rounders to get it done.

He also envisages the Celtics trading Isaiah and the Nets 2018 pick for John Wall.

Re: The Great Boogie Heist (New Simmons Article)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 12:44:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25626
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's a fun dream.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:02:23 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
This is absolutely hilarious. TP for posting.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 01:18:25 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
In Part 2 he imagines how it could all go wrong, including Boogie punching Dan Shaughnessy after a loss to Phoenix. 

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 01:29:11 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
This does make a lot of sense.

Cousins and Wall are on record saying they want to be on the same team.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Also, love the not so subtle shot at Cleveland...

We projected their point differential to be plus-12, which was what the 2017 Cavaliers were averaging right before they were brought down by their PED scandal

Also, this great shot at Draymond...

With Cleveland in shambles and Golden State reeling after Draymond Green’s yearlong suspension for rupturing DeAndre Jordan’s testicles

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 01:37:50 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
In Part 2 he imagines how it could all go wrong, including Boogie punching Dan Shaughnessy after a loss to Phoenix.

Oh sorry, for a second there I thought you meant punching Dan Shaughnessy was in the "all go wrong" scenario. That can't be right.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 01:47:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
It's a fun dream.
yeah. these are a couple of the very few trade scenarios that i find attractive.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 01:50:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
oh my gosh, another dream come true!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Simmons can be out there but I agree on Boogie in a lot of ways. We could solve our big men situation in others though.  There is limited superstar potential out there though since the Durant dream is gone.  Boogie and George are basically it. Maybe  Kevin Love but that has sailed too it seems.

Simmons likes to write things for drama purposes. Boogie has been touched upon to death.  His idea is nothing new.

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
But yes Boogie is the missing link.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 02:06:26 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
IT, Bradley, Brown/Crowder, Horford, Cousins.  With Smart, Rozier, YAb, Zizic and Young off the bench that's a team that could win a championship imo. 

Zeller, Amir, Green, KO, and every brooklyn pick we can throw at them is as far as I'd go. I think those salaries match a max contract.   Then go after Hayward possibly.  I'd even throw in Crowder or Smart or IT possibly if it means we are getting Hayward in the offseason.

WE can swap out Yab, Zizic and Young for Zeller, Amir or Green or KO as well.

Any combination of those guys for Cousins plus brooklyn picks. If it means we are getting Hayward.

I'd trade them IT if it means keeping the 17 where we can take a pg.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:12:01 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
IT, Crowder, 18 nets pick plus any combination of Amir, Zeller, KO, Yab, Green, Young.  We select a pg in the  17 draft.  Sign Hayward. They will probably want Smart.

The boogie stuff is crazy right now.  Simmons is basically just doing the same.

And no I don't think that is too much to give up for Boogie.   We get Boogie it's a heist regardless.  Especially if we actually manage to keep smart and draft a pg next year and sign a guy like Hayward.

Smart, Rookie 17 pick
Bradley, Rozier?
Hayward, Brown
Horford, Yabusele, jerebko
Cousins, Zizic, Amir

They can even have the 17 pick too if we keep Rozier and certain guys of our choice and forcefeed them zeller and KO.  Play Brown at the 2 and 3 and 4.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 02:28:58 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 02:44:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Both the "good" and the "bad" articles are fun reads.

My guess is the actual outcome would be somewhere in the middle. 

Neither the Cousins trade nor the Wall trade he posits seem particularly plausible to me.

Smart and the 2017 Nets pick isn't enough to get a player like Boogie, and Isaiah + 2018 Nets pick isn't enough to get a player like Wall.

Glad to see Simmons writing again after his show went bust.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 02:54:29 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
That's the thing with Simmons and C's fans.  Yes some fans overvalue guys. These trades where we get so and so for that are not reality.  Mine are much more plausible.  People think we are just going to trade this or that and teams are going to jump at it.  That's n ot how it works.  To get Boogie it's going to take a haul and they actually have to want to move him.

The same with Noel.  If we could get him for a late pick that would be done.  GM's are not that whatever people think they are.

To make these things happen it's a haul and a process.