Author Topic: Would you send this package for Hayward  (Read 3947 times)

Re: Would you send this package for Hayward
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 11:10:04 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Ok, but I would rather give Crowder over Jaylen.

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Other than the fact that I fully agree that Brown is going to be better player, and cheaper in the near term, the team's biggest need is rebounding. And Gordon Hayward is NOT going to fix that.

Rebounding and more scoring firepower... Just rethink of the horror vs cavs

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
No.

If Hayward wants to be a Celtic and the Celtics want him to be here we can sign him as a free agent next Summer.

It makes no sense to give up Jaylen Brown for someone who will be a free agent in 7 months.

If we do trade for him, in order to get his help on the roster this year, it should be for a much more modest package.

Too greedy... And how will Brown get any playing time/develop with Hayward and Crowder in the roster??

Then trade Brown or Crowder for something else, if there is a log-jam.

The point is, as a trade target, Hayward on his remaining expiring contract is not worth the 3rd overall pick under 3+ years of rookie control.

Look - I LIKE Hayward.  A lot.  I would love to have him here.  But if Danny & Brad want him here and Hayward wants to be here, we can have him here the first day of free agency WITHOUT giving up any trade assets at all.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 11:56:54 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I honestly cant believe the people saying Yes to this.

Zero thought, just "yes". 

We dont have to give up anything to get Hayward.......... What are you people thinking?

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 12:01:02 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
No way. You don't give up talent like Brown for a player you can get next season without giving up anything. Not a smart move.

Give up a Bradley, Brown, or Crowder for a legit big, and then replace who you lost with Hayward in the offseason.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 12:07:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
why would Utah do this?

Bc he is not staying another year in Utah after this season.
Utah's got a better record than us with a number of good young players.  I wouldn't assume his departure is a given

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 01:22:30 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
why would Utah do this?

Bc he is not staying another year in Utah after this season.
he isn't?  He likes Utah, Utah is a winning team with a lot of young guys, Utah can pay him more money and give him more years, etc.  I'd say it is pretty likely he stays in Utah.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2016, 01:58:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I don't really get the purpose of bringing Hayward here with our current lineup.  Where does he fit in?

We have Thomas, we have Bradley (who is playing tremendous this year), and we have Crowder who is almost as good as Hayward at a fraction of the cost.

Would we start Hayward at SF and then move Crowder to the bench, not sure that's a move Crowder would accept very humbly.  He's worked hard to earn his role on this team and seems to be a proud guy.

It only seems to make sense to trade for Hayward if Crowder goes out in return, as I don't really see those two guys coexisting...and given the choice I would kinda rather have Crowder and risk losing him rather then have Horford and Hayward (two nice compimentary / secondary sem-stars) making a combined $40M+

Hayward and crowder are close?

Hayward is much more talented on the offensive end.. no comparison... All Jae can do is do spot shooting or straight line drives... No ability to create shots. No midrange game. Barely gets to the line... So not sure what you mean they are close

In addition i dont really care if Crowder is going to sulk going back to the bench... Thats what will happen if this trade went through.

Hayward and Crowder are not close at all. Hayward is a 23 points per game scorer who can space the floor. Something we greatly and desperately need.(Yes I know Crowder's 3 point% is higher right now but I don't feel confident with Crowder's long or mid range game.)

Hayward's Stats: 23, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.1 steals, 45%fgs, 34%3point 23 PER
Crowder's Stats: 13, 5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.1 steals, 49%fgs, 39%3point 16 PER

It's really not even close. Hayward's defense is even only slightly below Crowder's at this point this year. They could absolutely co-exist because trading for Hayward means that Crowder moves to where he rightfully needs to be and thats as a 7th or 8th man.

With that being said I hold onto Brown unless he's in a package for a number one guy. I would much rather move a first, Amir, and one of our undersized guards for Hayward, or even Crowder himself, for Hayward. Really I'd rather just make a move for him in FA next off season while keeping our assets to move for that number one guy.

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2016, 05:52:25 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
To Jazz: Brown, KO, Zeller, 2 2nd round picks
To Celtics: Hayward, Withey, Ingles

*Resign Hayward to 5 year 125 million dollar extension

Celtics lineup

Horford
Amir
Hayward
AB
IT

2017 lineup

Horford
Giles
Hayward
AB
IT

Yay or nay?
We can get him for free in the summer and keep our assets. That is the way to go!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 06:09:03 PM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Utah has been really good considering they have dealt with a lot of injuries.  I think Hayward will re-sign there.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2016, 06:13:02 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am in the 'no' camp. You don't just give up your best prospect in forever for a guy you can sign as a free agent in a few months. Also, as others have said, he doesn't really solve the problem we have this year.

His situation kind-of parallels Horford's last year when we were talking about him around the deadline. He is a player I would certainly like to have (and also realize it would be easier to sign him if he were already on our roster), but I am not so super-all-in that I want to dump Jaylen for him (last year it was the '16 BKN pick, aka, Jaylen).

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2016, 06:45:07 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I honestly cant believe the people saying Yes to this.

Zero thought, just "yes". 

We dont have to give up anything to get Hayward.......... What are you people thinking?

Exactly what I was thinking..

Why would Hayward leave the Jazz, to join the Celtics after we depleted some of our best assets to bring more talent in?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2016, 07:38:37 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If Utah believes that he will sign, why trade him? If they don't believe that he will and we don't, just wait. Having the coach where he flourished as an amateur would seemingly give us an advantage.

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2016, 07:40:25 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
My concern with Hayward reaching free agency and that so many teams will have cap space, or should be able to make room for him.  That is the advantage I would see in trading for him this season (not to mention that I think he wouldhelp us win more games this year as well.)

If someone like the Clippers makes an offer in free agency why would he choose us over them?(not sure if they have cap space, but a good example of a top team that needs a wing and I have read that Doc likes him a lot)

Agreed that I would much rather sign him in the off season but there is a good chance he doesn't even hit free agency.

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 07:59:28 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
My concern with Hayward reaching free agency and that so many teams will have cap space, or should be able to make room for him.  That is the advantage I would see in trading for him this season (not to mention that I think he wouldhelp us win more games this year as well.)

If someone like the Clippers makes an offer in free agency why would he choose us over them?(not sure if they have cap space, but a good example of a top team that needs a wing and I have read that Doc likes him a lot)

Agreed that I would much rather sign him in the off season but there is a good chance he doesn't even hit free agency.
There aren't many teams that will have enough cap space for Hayward.  Even if the Clippers let Paul go, they wouldn't have enough cap space for Hayward.  Even if we let Olynyk go, we may not have enough cap space depending on how good the Nets pick is.