Author Topic: WOJ mini-Bomb: Noel's stock drops  (Read 17486 times)

Re: WOJ mini-Bomb: Noel's stock drops
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2016, 04:34:30 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Does Joel Embiid have more trade value than DeMarcus Cousins?

Nope = Injuries.

Needs to stay healthy for a year or two before his trade value fully recovers. His trade value is very high after the start he has had this season but he is not equal to other superstars yet. 

If not for injuries, Embiid would have the most trade value in the league. More than LeBron, Durant, A.Davis or Curry.

« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2016, 04:44:54 AM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6

Nope = Injuries.

Needs to stay healthy for a year or two before his trade value fully recovers. His trade value is very high after the start he has had this season but he is not equal to other superstars yet. 

If not for injuries, Embiid would have the most trade value in the league. More than LeBron, Durant, A.Davis or Curry.
Counter "injuries" with serious character concerns and unrestricted free agency in 16 months and I have to agree with KG Living Legend that Embiid has more trade value than Cousins right now.   If the Philadelphia 76ers asked for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and both Brooklyn picks for Embiid right now, Boston says yes.  Franchise player.

« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2016, 05:01:53 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Nope = Injuries.

Counter "injuries" with serious character concerns and unrestricted free agency in 16 months and I have to agree with KG Living Legend that Embiid has more trade value than Cousins right now.   If the Philadelphia 76ers asked for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and both Brooklyn picks for Embiid right now, Boston says yes.  Franchise player.
Boston says "Let us check his medical records with several doctors and we'll get back to you."  He's currently healthy and looking amazing so everyone now assumes he'll be healthy forever, but playing 20 games in 2 1/2 seasons isn't a great track record, even if it was only one injury.

« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2016, 06:08:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Nope = Injuries.

Boston says "Let us check his medical records with several doctors and we'll get back to you."  He's currently healthy and looking amazing so everyone now assumes he'll be healthy forever, but playing 20 games in 2 1/2 seasons isn't a great track record, even if it was only one injury.
Amen to that. His value is most probably JB plus the 18 brooklyn pick, not the insane package that guys like AD and KAT would command (all 3 brooklyn picks+Smart+AB+Rozier)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I would say yes. Embiid is untouchable.

This is a bit silly. I love embiid but he is not even playing full minutes yet. Has to make it a full season and have all minutes lifted before you can get reasonable trade value for him. (Also why he is least likely to be traded in league(

« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2016, 11:06:43 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

This is a bit silly. I love embiid but he is not even playing full minutes yet. Has to make it a full season and have all minutes lifted before you can get reasonable trade value for him. (Also why he is least likely to be traded in league(
Embiid isn't untouchable but I think there are very few "reasonable" trades that the Sixers would accept.  They certainly wouldn't accept the "JB plus Nets 2018" as proposed above.  The Sixers wouldn't trade Embiid for Cousins but I could see the Kings making that trade. 

« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Embiid isn't untouchable but I think there are very few "reasonable" trades that the Sixers would accept.  They certainly wouldn't accept the "JB plus Nets 2018" as proposed above.  The Sixers wouldn't trade Embiid for Cousins but I could see the Kings making that trade.

Again. This is silly. I fully admit that the 76ers wouldn't look to trade Embiid. At the same time no team is going to offer a reasonable package for a guy that has not gotten up to full minutes yet. These kinds of trades just don't happen. Let's just enjoy watching embiid play and get his minutes up and hope he makes it through the year getting up to 32 minutes a game.

« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2016, 03:07:49 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Again. This is silly. I fully admit that the 76ers wouldn't look to trade Embiid. At the same time no team is going to offer a reasonable package for a guy that has not gotten up to full minutes yet. These kinds of trades just don't happen. Let's just enjoy watching embiid play and get his minutes up and hope he makes it through the year getting up to 32 minutes a game.
trade value, especially for young players, is about potential.  Embiid has more potential than any player in the league (you know that still has potential).  Now obviously that doesn't mean Embiid is the best player in the league or that the Sixers wouldn't trade him, but Embiid's trade value is higher than Cousins who is paid a lot more, is a free agent sooner, and has clashed with pretty much every single coach he has ever had.  And it isn't exactly like Cousins is a picture of health, he has played in 59 and 65 games the last two years (I get Embiid played in 0 in those year).  Put all that together and Embiid has more trade value than Cousins.  Cousins is the better player right now, but that just doesn't matter when you look at trade value.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2016, 05:31:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Nope = Injuries.

I would say even if Healthy Davis's value is quite a bit higher.

« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2016, 05:48:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Again silly. Lol. I seriously love embiid but he is still on a minutes restriction. He will have his day or just isn't here yet. Are we so desperate for the next great thing we can't wait till the guy is playing back to backs and 32 minutes a game? It should happen. In time. Sheesh

trade value, especially for young players, is about potential.  Embiid has more potential than any player in the league (you know that still has potential).  Now obviously that doesn't mean Embiid is the best player in the league or that the Sixers wouldn't trade him, but Embiid's trade value is higher than Cousins who is paid a lot more, is a free agent sooner, and has clashed with pretty much every single coach he has ever had.  And it isn't exactly like Cousins is a picture of health, he has played in 59 and 65 games the last two years (I get Embiid played in 0 in those year).  Put all that together and Embiid has more trade value than Cousins.  Cousins is the better player right now, but that just doesn't matter when you look at trade value.

« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Again silly. Lol. I seriously love embiid but he is still on a minutes restriction. He will have his day or just isn't here yet. Are we so desperate for the next great thing we can't wait till the guy is playing back to backs and 32 minutes a game? It should happen. In time. Sheesh

Not sure what happened here, but will say again, silly. I love embiid but he is not getting traded. Probably ever, but he can't be traded until he is playing full minutes and in back to backs. This is basic basketball stuff here. I get we all want the next great thing, but pump the breaks. If he is playing normal minutes end of season you can discuss. Until then silly