Author Topic: Dennis Smith Thread (Merged)  (Read 18758 times)

Re: Dennis Smith Thread (Merged)
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2017, 06:58:07 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
triple double
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybHIgFgcNHg

3rd best player on this draft. I don't think Jackson or Isaac or Tatum should go before Smith. I know he is just another PG and teams maybe will want something else than PG on this draft but realistically he is 3rd best player on this draft

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2017, 07:12:59 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
triple double
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybHIgFgcNHg

3rd best player on this draft. I don't think Jackson or Isaac or Tatum should go before Smith. I know he is just another PG and teams maybe will want something else than PG on this draft but realistically he is 3rd best player on this draft

Jackson is literally carrying his team in a stacked conference. Isaac is raw and Tatum have a stacked team.

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2017, 08:39:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Smith Jr. Is like a Westbrook with a 6'4 wingspan instead of a 6'10 wingspan

So like a poor man RW . Explosive guard

I have DSJ ahead of Ball on Dannys list

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2017, 04:20:13 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199

Agree.  I think Smith could be at the top of Danny's list.

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2017, 07:29:23 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Florida State vs. NC State is on ESPN2 at the moment. Smith is struggling mightily with FSU's athleticism. I remain skeptical of Smith.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2017, 08:03:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Agree.  I think Smith could be at the top of Danny's list.

Um, No. Danny's draft board is the same as almost everyone else when it comes to the top two.

#1 Fultz
 #2 Ball

He might flip the order by seasons end, but those are the top two players.

Fultz

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2017, 08:07:50 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I'd love Fultz, Ball, Smith Jr to go 1,2 & 3 because it would be fascinating to see their career progression against each other...I'm sure the players who went 2 and 3 would feel jilted too.

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2017, 08:37:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

No way. I think Danny has Ball 1st before Fultz.

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2017, 09:59:56 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Didn't see his last game...was he playing at half speed so as not to get injured?

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2017, 09:19:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Didn't see his last game...was he playing at half speed so as not to get injured?

I wonder as well

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2017, 09:09:57 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nj.com/v1/articles/20814860/nba_draft_trade_rumors_sixers_working_out_markelle.amp

Yet, partly because of N.C. State's miserable season (4-14 in the ACC), fusses about bad body language, a bad injury (torn ACL before his senior year in high school) and spotty pick-and-roll defense, several mock drafts have him dipping to No. 8, where the Knicks sit.

However, The Post has learned Smith will work out for the Celtics on June 7. Yes, the Celtics, who own the first pick and figure to nab Washington's Markelle Fultz. Smith already has worked out for Orlando (No. 6), according to sources, and has tentative dates with the Lakers (No. 2) and Knicks .

Not sure of the validity but this site has us trading down to 3 with Philly and taking Dennis Smith Jr. Probably just a bunch of hot air but what could be more interesting is that we have DSJ scheduled for a workout today?

Anyone hear if DSJ is in Boston? Of all the guys in the draft I am most confident that Smith will turn into a fringe All Star. Think at the very least he's a lock for at an Eric Bledsoe like career.

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2017, 09:16:23 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nj.com/v1/articles/20814860/nba_draft_trade_rumors_sixers_working_out_markelle.amp

Yet, partly because of N.C. State's miserable season (4-14 in the ACC), fusses about bad body language, a bad injury (torn ACL before his senior year in high school) and spotty pick-and-roll defense, several mock drafts have him dipping to No. 8, where the Knicks sit.

However, The Post has learned Smith will work out for the Celtics on June 7. Yes, the Celtics, who own the first pick and figure to nab Washington's Markelle Fultz. Smith already has worked out for Orlando (No. 6), according to sources, and has tentative dates with the Lakers (No. 2) and Knicks .

Not sure of the validity but this site has us trading down to 3 with Philly and taking Dennis Smith Jr. Probably just a bunch of hot air but what could be more interesting is that we have DSJ scheduled for a workout today?

Anyone hear if DSJ is in Boston?
Of all the guys in the draft I am most confident that Smith will turn into a fringe All Star. Think at the very least he's a lock for at an Eric Bledsoe like career.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/basketball/knicks/top-prospect-dennis-smith-jr-work-knicks-wednesday-article-1.3225419

Probably a bunch of nonsense since according to the New York Daily News, DSJ is working out for the Knicks today.

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2017, 02:42:51 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Anyone hear if DSJ is in Boston? Of all the guys in the draft I am most confident that Smith will turn into a fringe All Star. Think at the very least he's a lock for at an Eric Bledsoe like career.

Well, he's already there, knee-wise :-\. In all seriousness, though, he's a hell of a talent, but between his short arms that will likely prevent him from being able to effectively contest shots at the next level, penchant for giving up on plays, not playing defense, and a questionable attitude, I'm going to have to pass, given what I've read about him.  I would hardly be shocked if became an excellent player, however, as he certainly has the talent.  I just tend to worry about what's going on upstairs, so to speak.

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2017, 05:54:10 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I'd peg him as the top ten player most likely to bust.

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Reminds me a bit of Bayless.

Not an exact comp ... just some similar flaws.

Similar size but both lack length. The dodgy defense. The bad decision making. The athletic features = strong leaping ability, good speed but unexceptional burst / first step.

Bayless was a much better shooter. Smith a better ball-handler.

.... just that some of those limitations for Bayless seem to be warning signs for Smith Jr.