Author Topic: Dennis Smith Thread (Merged)  (Read 18762 times)

Re: Dennis Smith JR. Wow!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 07:11:59 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Sometimes I don't think people on this board are real.

What exactly are you referring to Celtic?

Westworld overdose reaction.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Dennis Smith is cocky
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 02:25:20 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Amazing player. He looks like Westbrook.  But if I wanted westbrook I would. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qZZfHjg6TA

Some guys are great though.  KG wasn't exactly a guy who was at a lack for words but even still.  Marcus still might not have that kind of explosiveness but the game can be played in different ways.

I like character.  Marcus going into the stands was different. 

Re: Dennis Smith is cocky
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 02:27:56 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Franchise potential player.  Looks like he's just having fun but we have to pick the right ones.

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 02:32:30 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Marcus keeping it real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5sGdUIC-X8

Thing is I saw that incident with Marcus completely different.  He was p---ed.

I like Marcus better...  No good deed goes unpunished.

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 02:36:50 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Some guys are great though.  KG wasn't exactly a guy who was at a lack for words but even still.  Marcus still might not have that kind of explosiveness but the game can be played in different ways.

Huh? A grown man called Marcus the n-word right to his face. Marcus pushes (not punches) him, and yet the country pretended like Marcus committed a cardinal sin. The fans actions should be criminal.

If I were 6'4, 220 and someone disrespected me like that, I would have done far more.

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 02:38:11 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
That's what I said. Marcus is a way better person.

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Huh? A grown man called Marcus the n-word right to his face. Marcus pushes (not punches) him, and yet the country pretended like Marcus committed a cardinal sin. The fans actions should be criminal.

If I were 6'4, 220 and someone disrespected me like that, I would have done far more.

Hes 6'2" and probably 240 pounds now. I hope Smart doesn't turn into mini Sullinger. Hrs trending in that direction.

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 02:50:56 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Apparently at the combine he measured at 6ft 3.25 w/ shoes on (he plays with shoes on the court). He def. has gained weight. While it seems like he's missing a step on his drives (at least compared to the ultra quick IT and JB), his lateral quickness looks fine on defense.

Dennis Smith looks good, not great. Same with Fultz and Lonzo. I'm definitely not as excited about these 3 pgs as many other people. I don't think that any of them are as good as Westbrook. Fultz might be as good as Lillard, in my opinion. If so, he's worthy of the #1 pick.

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 02:53:22 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Marcus is the same size he's always been.  He's just built like that.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/12/with_isaiah_thomas_out_marcus_smart_develops_as_point_guard

“I think the one thing I always felt — and this is not being critical of Marcus; this is just, I think, for his development — is that he’s a guy that thrives more in competitive situations,” Donovan said. “And I always felt like if he could take that competitiveness to skill work — his shooting, his ballhandling — the sky’s the limit as to how good he can be.

“The thing that I was so impressed with was any time we did anything competitively, the whole disposition in the gym totally changed.

“He has got a great team awareness. He’s great with the guys. He’s got great leadership qualities. But he’s a guy that enjoys practice when there’s score being kept. When there’s a score being kept, he is on and he plays and he’s relentless. I really appreciated being around him for two summers to see that.”

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2016, 02:54:24 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This kid is SPECIAL!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 02:56:39 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Which one? haha.

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2016, 02:57:53 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
NOt knocking Smith either. He's super talented but more cocky like westbrook. 

I'll take Smart though.   If we get both sure thing but I don't see why we'd do that.

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2016, 03:00:50 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
NOt knocking Smith either. He's super talented but more cocky like westbrook. 

I'll take Smart though.   If we get both sure thing but I don't see why we'd do that.

I agree. His shot is not broken. If he can hit a couple more shots per game, he becomes starter worthy. He is not as poor of a shooter/passer as Tony Allen.

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2016, 03:01:51 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I do not see why the celtics would move smart and draft a pg as far as the future is concerned.

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2016, 07:01:23 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
It's amazing to me how much more athletic or faster some of these guys look to marcus though. But character and mental makeup is a big thing.  It's weird how the celtics draft.  Even if you watch that other footage i posted.  Marcus keeps the ball moving, seems to know where to be etc..

The celtics have always drafted this way.  They don't find the usual players. Brown is a supreme athlete but even he is wired differently.

Usually guys I want to root for.

MArcus may not be the fastest guy but he is still built for the nba imo as well. Even Bradley.  Super athlete that is overlooked but different.

We've been drafting later which does not but even at the top of drafts we don't take the usual suspect.

I don't mean character in the grant hill, karl anthony towns, shane battier way either.  I mean it in that something else that drives these players sort of way.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:21:00 PM by walker834 »