Author Topic: If we get a top 3 pick, who are you taking?  (Read 13037 times)

Re: If we get a top 3 pick, who are you taking?
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 12:06:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
BPA of whoever's left on the board at that point.  The team needs top talent and this draft looks to have several opportunities to grab that type of player.

if we can use the pick to get a current top player in the league, I'd strongly consider that but a top 3 pick this draft would go a long way towards reducing the extras that would need to be included in the deal

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Fultz or Tatum.

I honestly want Giles, because I believe he can be like a better LMA version with a better defensive/shooting game, but... His injuries really worry me. Then again I had the same concerns with Embiid, and look how it turned out.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2016, 12:27:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Fultz , Isaac, Giles (wildcard)

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm interested in hearing, this draft is considered to be a good draft (not great but good), but does anyone remember when Pierce was drafted, what was that draft considered to be? stacked?

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2016, 12:39:56 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Too many to know yet but I wouldn't let existing players except Brown decide who I'm taking. If the BPA is a point guard I'm taking him.

Fultz, Brown, Smart and Roz off the bench is a nice start to building a power team in 4-5 years.

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2016, 12:44:22 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm interested in hearing, this draft is considered to be a good draft (not great but good), but does anyone remember when Pierce was drafted, what was that draft considered to be? stacked?

The one thing I remember about that draft was the whole "Bibby v. Olowkandi" thing and Olowkandi being a real polarizing guy. 

It was also the year after Duncan and I think people were even acknowledging that there was no cornerstone guy in that draft.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2016, 01:00:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'll take whoever the best prospect is, though I'd hope that would end up being either Jackson or Tatum.  The Celts need more athletic wing size.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2016, 01:32:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'll take whoever the best prospect is, though I'd hope that would end up being either Jackson or Tatum.  The Celts need more athletic wing size.

We already have brown.. 

I agree take the best available prospect but its not jackson or tatum

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2016, 01:39:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

We already have brown.. 

With Brown and Crowder, we have 2 players with the size and physical tools to reliably defend 2-4 and play on the wing offensively.

Look at the Warriors as an example: they have 5 players of that sort in their rotation, in addition to Livingston, who is 6'7''.

That's my ideal.  It's really hard to have enough athletic 6'6''+ wings in today's league.

I'd like to see the Celts have a 3 guard rotation with IT, Bradley, and Smart/Rozier, a 2-3 big rotation with Horford + somebody else, and 4-5 athletic wing/swings filling out the rest of the rotation. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2016, 01:47:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tatum or Giles.

If Giles' knee turns out okay, he is most suited for our team needs.

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2016, 01:49:23 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Fultz and Jackson are my guys at the top of the draft but Miles Bridges is really winning me over. I'm not sure if his game translates to the pros (he could be derrick Williams 2.0) but he's an athletic and toolsy player with a motor.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2016, 01:51:01 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Fultz, Ball, and Taytum are my top 3. Giles is the best prospect, but his knee seems busted.

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 01:51:38 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
Fultz and Jackson are my guys at the top of the draft but Miles Bridges is really winning me over. I'm not sure if his game translates to the pros (he could be derrick Williams 2.0) but he's an athletic and toolsy player with a motor.

Jackson can't dribble or shoot. Reminds me of Corey Brewer. Great intangibles though.

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2016, 01:53:05 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney

We already have brown.. 

With Brown and Crowder, we have 2 players with the size and physical tools to reliably defend 2-4 and play on the wing offensively.

Look at the Warriors as an example: they have 5 players of that sort in their rotation, in addition to Livingston, who is 6'7''.

That's my ideal.  It's really hard to have enough athletic 6'6''+ wings in today's league.

I'd like to see the Celts have a 3 guard rotation with IT, Bradley, and Smart/Rozier, a 2-3 big rotation with Horford + somebody else, and 4-5 athletic wing/swings filling out the rest of the rotation.

Dude, how can you like Jackson though? You didn't like Brown last year, but you like Jackson this year? I'm so confused. I don't see how Brown wasn't better than him last year. Jackson can't even dribble.

As for Taytum, I love him. I think having another wing doesn't hurt at all. They're so valuable.

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2016, 02:03:13 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

The one thing I remember about that draft was the whole "Bibby v. Olowkandi" thing and Olowkandi being a real polarizing guy. 

It was also the year after Duncan and I think people were even acknowledging that there was no cornerstone guy in that draft.

great to know! always wondered in drafts that were considered "two-player" drafts or a "weak draft" how many of those becomes HOFs after looking back.