Author Topic: Could we aid another team in acquiring Boogie?  (Read 1709 times)

Could we aid another team in acquiring Boogie?
« on: December 12, 2016, 04:14:13 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Are the Kings looking for NBA ready talent plus lottery picks? If they are, then maybe we can be the enabler from a draft pick perspective. Maybe a deal where Lakers land Cousins, Kings get Randle/Clarkson package and Celtics somehow yield a player need to make salaries match for nothing (Ben McLemore or Nick Young)?

Re: Could we aid another team in acquiring Boogie?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Help the Lakers land a star, Cousins at that, then we get scraps.  What are you smoking, man?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 04:47:57 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
Re-read my post. For nothing...you wouldn't accept another asset in Young or McLemore for giving up nothing but a salary cap filler? It is a typical Ainge type move...

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 04:59:31 PM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
What is up with the fascination of Ben McLemore?! I don't think he's going to be much more than what he is now. Last thing I want to do is help the Lakers.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 05:06:27 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Re-read my post. For nothing...you wouldn't accept another asset in Young or McLemore for giving up nothing but a salary cap filler? It is a typical Ainge type move...

well there's also that pride we have, we don't ever want to help the Lakers. Though it'd be funny if Cousins actually makes them worse with Russell and we do end up winning the trade :D

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
I think it would be possible but it wouldn't be that type of trade.  It would be 1 of 2 things, the Kings want to also move Gay, but the acquiring team doesn't want Gay, so Boston steps in and acquires Gay for Zeller and a 1st (like Boston's 2018 1st lottery protected).  Or the Kings don't want one of the potential assets (for fit or whatever) and that player ends up in Boston with a better fitting player or draft pick ending up in Sacramento (like the Kings end up with Brown/Smart and player X ends up in Boston). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 05:17:46 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
There is nothing wrong with what he is now and what his upside potential is. And when given min (32mpg), he's averaged 12ppg.

Coming out of college as a mid lottery pick (pick 7), his upside potential was insane. He is only 23 years old and still can develop given his athleticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MOXZIIrwKs

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
Or the Kings don't want one of the potential assets (for fit or whatever) and that player ends up in Boston with a better fitting player or draft pick ending up in Sacramento (like the Kings end up with Brown/Smart and player X ends up in Boston).

This is exactly the type of situation I'm thinking of. Could we pry a young player of significant value  (Randle, Russell) by flipping a combination of draft picks, Smart/Brown into the trade, for example.

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 05:31:53 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Or the Kings don't want one of the potential assets (for fit or whatever) and that player ends up in Boston with a better fitting player or draft pick ending up in Sacramento (like the Kings end up with Brown/Smart and player X ends up in Boston).

This is exactly the type of situation I'm thinking of. Could we pry a young player of significant value  (Randle, Russell) by flipping a combination of draft picks, Smart/Brown into the trade, for example.
I don't think the Lakers would be the team as I can't see why the Kings wouldn't want both Randle and Russell (or whomever else it might be).  Now the Gay scenario could be at play in the Lakers trade.  It would have to be some other team with a young player coming to the Kings that they just don't like because of fit.  You know someone like Noel where he comes to Boston and Smart goes to Sacramento.  Of course the Sixers aren't going to be acquiring Cousins so that scenario doesn't work. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 04:55:56 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
This was a DA type of move when he was building his asset pile. He's past that stage now, he's looking to upgrade his assets. The opportunistic trades are good but there comes a point where they don't add anything to your team.

Our next trade will involve more players leaving than coming in I think, either for a rebounding big or finally for a superstar

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 01:01:41 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
The point is that right now, there might not be a marquee trade target available. Sticking to what has created the most asset rich team (one could argue Minnesota, Philly, LAL; but asset rich team who is willing to trade these assets is the caveat) in all of basketball is not a negative thing.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 01:45:54 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Randle/Clarkson isn't a Cousins package

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 03:27:23 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
nah this is gotta be a straight up trade.  adding another team is just gonna force the C's to add more to the trade to compensate the player the third team is sending to the Kings