Author Topic: Orlando/Dallas/Boston trade idea  (Read 2195 times)

Orlando/Dallas/Boston trade idea
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I posted this trade in the "Orlando looking for a scorer" but didnt get much of a response....so i'm starting a thread on the idea......that i feel is fair and one i would def. do

my idea for Orlando.....and us(most importantly)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hqp4amv

Orlando out: Vucevic/Gordon
Orlando in: Wesley Matthews/ KO

Dallas out: Matthews
Dallas in: Amir, Gordon, Rozier, 2017 Minny 2nd rnd pick(from BOS)

Boston out: Amir, Rozier, KO, 2017 Minny 2nd round pick
BOS in: Vucevic
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:08:44 AM by Humble G »

Re: Orlando/Dallas/Boston trade idea
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:42:16 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Vucevic isn't even a starter for them. His percentages have gone down. He doesn't stretch the floor. He is not a fluid defender laterally.

That's a lot to give up for that, especially considering it restricts our ability in free agency next year.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Vucevic isn't even a starter for them. His percentages have gone down. He doesn't stretch the floor. He is not a fluid defender laterally.

That's a lot to give up for that, especially considering it restricts our ability in free agency next year.

Really its not that much difference in free agency...i think.....KO will be a RFA this summer I believe and will prly get 8-10 mil??? so add that to rozier's 1.5 mil and its not that much different from Vucevic's 12mil
(I could be totally wrong, but thats the research i found  ;D)

I think Vucevic would be a pretty decent upgrade to Amir....as u mentioned he is coming off the bench and still avg. 12ppg and 11rpg and he is a career 14 and 10 guy. He adds the inside presence we need on the scoring and boards. Horford will be the stretch 4 and facilitator with IT.

I am slightly worried about his Vucevic's Defense but I think our guard defense will make it easier on him PLUS crowder and Horford would be great help defneders on any big in the league.

IT/Bradley/Crowder/Horford/Vucevic..... is pretty good IMO
smart/brown/green/young/mickey/zeller/ JJ for a bench

* The thing I'm not really sure is how exactly it would affect or cap situation next year and if we could sign a max guy?.....but if its Hayward....we could prly trade crowder and save the difference???

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 04:00:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Dallas makes out like bandits in that trade.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 07:08:28 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Dallas makes out like bandits in that trade.

That may be depending on how you value Gordon and Rozier......I'm not as high on rozier as most on here. I think both are quality bench players.

The thing with this trade is every team is happy......as long as Orlando is truly looking for a scorer

Orlando lineup:
Payton/Matthews/ Fournier/Ibaka/Biyombo.....with KO off the bench(who can score too)

Dallas gets younger and frees up some salary while gaining a good 2nd round pick

Boston upgrades their C for the price of 3 role players and one of many picks. Doesn't affect cap too much and still have real tradeable assets(if needed): crowder, bradley, smart, brown, brooklyn picks

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 08:48:09 AM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Vucevic is a guy i've always liked, yes his defense is lacking a bit but i think in the right system with a defined role he'd shine. Plus having someone who averages 10+ rebounds is something the celtics havent had in a very long time. But i think you can get a trade done with Orlando without a 3rd team.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 09:23:05 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I don't see what Vucevic does for us that isn't money better spent elsewhere. He'd take away from a lot from our defensive play and on offense we don't tend to use the post anyway and if we did we have Al who would be more deserving of touches.

If we trade for a big it needs to be someone who adds some rebounding without giving up our defensive intensity, like Noel or Bogut. Alternatively add someone who has a high ceiling and can be developed and used in a bigger trade down the line, like Okafor or Meyers Leonard

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 09:49:38 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
Ok so biggest concern with Vucevic is defense...

according to Basketball-reference.com he is in #13 in defensive rating

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2017_leaders.html

Also fox sports has his defensive rating as 100.2 which would be the best on the Celtics team.
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/orlando-magic-team-stats?season=2016&category=ADVANCED&time=0

Now idk how much I believe in these stats, but they are this year's stats and makes me think he is not as bad on defense as many think.

I don't see what Vucevic does for us that isn't money better spent elsewhere. He'd take away from a lot from our defensive play and on offense we don't tend to use the post anyway and if we did we have Al who would be more deserving of touches.

If we trade for a big it needs to be someone who adds some rebounding without giving up our defensive intensity, like Noel or Bogut. Alternatively add someone who has a high ceiling and can be developed and used in a bigger trade down the line, like Okafor or Meyers Leonard

IMO Meyers Leonards ceiling is Vucevic who is only 2 years older than Leonard. And the arguement about Horford being better down low might be true but he wants to play outside..the dud has shot 8 threes in each of the last 2 games!