Poll

Would you make this trade.

Yes. The extra pick this year makes me do it.
14 (43.8%)
No! Thomas is the offense.
18 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Poll: Isaiah for Gordon, Payton, Hezonja 2017 first  (Read 3635 times)

Poll: Isaiah for Gordon, Payton, Hezonja 2017 first
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:20:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Keep in mind Thomas will command north of 100 million dollars in 1.5 years.

Smart moves to full time PG duties and we have very good depth with Peyton and Rozier.

Gordon is a great defensive fit next to Horford, but why is he such a sorry rebounder? 4.4 rpg in 26 minutes? With his body and athleticism. That's pathetic.

If they were willing to trade that pick though you really have to consider IT.

Magic

Thomas
 Fournier
 Green
 Ibaka
 Biyombo

Re: Poll: Isaiah for Gordon, Payton, Hezonja 2017 first
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:28:10 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No.

Celtics do not need more prospects.   They need ready to win now players. 

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 03:32:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
More flawed young players we don't have enough time to fully develop, another 1st round pick that won't have a clear path to playing time, and all we have to give up is the one guy on our team we can rely on for twenty a night and points in the clutch.

No thanks!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 03:35:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
More flawed young players we don't have enough time to fully develop, another 1st round pick that won't have a clear path to playing time, and all we have to give up is the one guy on our team we can rely on for twenty a night and points in the clutch.

No thanks!
`

TP
Hit the nail on the head.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
That's would honestly be a great trade for us if we hadn't signed Horford as a free agent.  That's about as much value as you could get for IT.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 03:45:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
There is no way Orlando does that trade.  Way too much for them to give up for what they would have left on the team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Good value? Yes.

I don't think Orlando does this. If they really want him, they'll wait for him and give him as much money as possible.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 03:53:26 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
We are trying to do the opposite, trade dimes for a dollar.

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 03:55:29 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'd be happy with this return. However, I don't see the C's making a for the future trade and I don't see Orlando giving up that much for him.

I'd prefer to move Payton to a third team since I wouldn't want him cutting into time for Smart or Rozier.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I understand people. I truly do. With that said are you guys that are against the deal ready to pay him over 100 million dollars?

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 04:19:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I understand people. I truly do. With that said are you guys that are against the deal ready to pay him over 100 million dollars?

I'm not 100% certain IT will get offered a max 4 year deal.  Even if he is, I think it may be worth it to the Celts to pay up.

Consistent 20+ ppg scorers who can shoot, get to the rim, and generate lots of free throws ... they just aren't easy to get in this league.  When you get one in the prime of his career, you have to keep him, and pay top dollar to do it if you have to.

We'll see how IT plays over the rest of this season and next year.  If he shows significant signs of decline, maybe you think twice about re-signing him.  But I think this team will be in a tough spot if they let IT go.  I don't see how they replace him.  Teams that lack an elite offensive creator are in no-man's land in this league.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 04:37:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I said yes but Orlando never does that trade

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 04:49:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No way.  Often, the team who trades away the better player will regret it.  IT is an all-star, those chumps are not and may never be.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 04:53:04 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I'm not 100% certain IT will get offered a max 4 year deal.  Even if he is, I think it may be worth it to the Celts to pay up.

Consistent 20+ ppg scorers who can shoot, get to the rim, and generate lots of free throws ... they just aren't easy to get in this league.  When you get one in the prime of his career, you have to keep him, and pay top dollar to do it if you have to.

We'll see how IT plays over the rest of this season and next year.  If he shows significant signs of decline, maybe you think twice about re-signing him.  But I think this team will be in a tough spot if they let IT go.  I don't see how they replace him.  Teams that lack an elite offensive creator are in no-man's land in this league.

Nope, there's actually no rule that says you have to keep any player. Esp one that is undersized and in his prime now, looking to make the biggest contract of his life.

I don't know why you value IT so much that you feel the need to keep him, but then don't expect him to draw a longterm contract for big $ with another team. If he's so rare, why wouldn't other teams pay top dollar with 5+ years?

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 09:30:35 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

If it helps the team be a contender, yes.

I am not against the possibility of trading IT , but not for a bunch.of little pieces.  Trade IT and another piece to get a better star.