Author Topic: jaylen as he gets older  (Read 2857 times)

jaylen as he gets older
« on: December 11, 2016, 06:20:03 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
what player will he resemble physically-everybody fills out a bit
would jimmy butler be his model

Re: jaylen as he gets older
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 07:27:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Perhaps Clyde the Glide?  His jumper style reminds me of Drexler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsk1dx-73VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MkPZWiPitA

I think it is important he does not bulk up too much because he would lose speed.  What he needs is strength which is different than bulk because right now he is cat quick.  You can gain strength without bulking up if you know what your doing.  I hope he goes that route.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 07:39:17 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
His drives remind me of both Wade and Lebron. He's not the player they are, but that creativity, power, and explosiveness coupled with the long strides, eurosteps, and finishing with either hand is of the same type (not quality, yet).

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 08:09:36 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
James Worthy.  For you young folks, go watch some Laker games from the 80's.  This guy was a superb athlete, a wing with size and ability to get to the rim.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 08:10:08 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I still see T Mac as his ceiling.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 01:57:46 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I see alot of K Leonard in his game.. At least thats what i am hoping for.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 02:22:30 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
James Worthy.  For you young folks, go watch some Laker games from the 80's.  This guy was a superb athlete, a wing with size and ability to get to the rim.

I feel like most young folks would even know who James Worthy is lol.

At least, I hope so!

I can see it though, he definitely does have Drexler's jump shot, but I think Jaylen is young enough to where he can improve in that aspect.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 02:23:02 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Yes! I see the resemblance.

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 03:08:55 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I don't see the worthy resemblance at all. It's like saying Robert Parish is Kareem.  They are totally different players.  Drexler too for that matter. Although jaylen does glide.  Drexler was super muscular though and was basically a point forward.  jaylen is a quick forward. Big game james was super smooth and was a forward but he was big for his position.  He wasn't really a quick forward.  He was yes but not really. He was much bigger than other small forwards and would use his size and height as much as anything. Worthy also wasn't a point forward at all. He had magic passing him the ball.  jaylen will actually handle the ball once he gets better but is primarily a prototype quick forward. Reggie lewis was this.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 03:15:00 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
james worthy would throw hook shots much like kareem would as well because they were so much taller than anyone.  so would magic for that matter. 

pippen and even jordan were more point forward/quick forwards even though jordan played sg.  same with Kobe.  Even Drexler was more a sg who would play point forward.  pippen was a classic point forward mainly because michael jordan. but were quick forwards though really who could handle the ball.

pierce and kawhi are more all around workhorse scoring small forwards. kawhi being elite defensively and pierce could even shift to sg or pf and a very versatile scorer and player period.  iguadala was also sort of this but more a quick muscular guard playing small forward.

bird, worthy and guys like that were basically oversized small forwards.  Guys like paul george and bird are supreme shooters.  paul george is more in the vein of tracy mcgrady if mcgrady didnt get hurt.  Worthy would more use his size.  Even kevin love who's more a pf is that in ways.  love is closer to bird than dirk ever was although dirk gets compared to him. love is more a power forward and rebounder though.

reggie lewis was a quick forward who could play some point forward.  jaylen brown is basically that but not as developed yet  but more athletic in ways.

bird was really the best because he was a shooter, point forward, power forward, quick forward, rebounder all in one.

lebron is kind of that too but not as good a shooter as bird. more athletic though.

jordan more played sg but was that too in ways.  drexler was  more a sg as well. big guards though.  like kobe too although jordan was bigger than kobe.  kobe was probably faster than jordan though. jaylen is like kobe in that regard but i dont think he has the ball skills.  he doesnt have the size of pierce or kawhi to be a workhorse like they are, but is quicker though.  is more a thoroughbred vs a workhorse.

guys like worthy and bird were even bigger than pierce and kawhi.   jaylen is not like that.  lebron yes but there's the steroid factor.  He's more built like jordan naturally but not as athletic how he adjusts.  Lebron is his own player. lebron would be good regardless of the roids but he'd probably be more a combination of a workhorse and thoroughbred player. He's not as fluid as jordan.  more strong.  I think he overdoes it with the roids though lol.

Clyde Drexler was a supreme ball handler though.  Even Charles barkley was.  jaylen is not that. he's more like reggie lewis who can handle the ball but gets his points in other ways.  saying jaylen is like james worthy you might as well compare him charles barkley though.  worthy and barkley were totally different players from each other and so is jaylen.

One thing where jaylen is similar to worthy is he does play off the ball.  Worthy was not really a point forward.  jaylen will do some of that though though once he gets more minutes. worthy was a very large man though.  Powerful dunker who would use his size.  jaylen is more quick and will use his athleticism like reggie.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:54:40 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 06:49:31 AM »

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
What worries me about all this Worthy-talk is that the last player that was compared to James Worthy on these boards was Jeff Green. Because of some athletic dunks he did.

I hope Jaylen develops and contributes to banner 18. If he does, I couldn't care less whether his closest comparison is Olajuwon or Muggsy Bogues.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 07:00:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't see the worthy resemblance at all. It's like saying Robert Parish is Kareem.  They are totally different players.  Drexler too for that matter. Although jaylen does glide.  Drexler was super muscular though and was basically a point forward.  jaylen is a quick forward. Big game james was super smooth and was a forward but he was big for his position.  He wasn't really a quick forward.  He was yes but not really. He was much bigger than other small forwards and would use his size and height as much as anything. Worthy also wasn't a point forward at all. He had magic passing him the ball.  jaylen will actually handle the ball once he gets better but is primarily a prototype quick forward. Reggie lewis was this.
Worthy and Brown's best gifts are their super quick first steps.  Both were/are elite and could/can blow by people.  But yeah, Worthy was a tall finesse guy and Brown is normal sized power attacker of the rim.  They don't look at all the same to me either.

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 07:30:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
But yeah, Worthy was a tall finesse guy and Brown is normal sized power attacker of the rim.  They don't look at all the same to me either.

How many of you saw Worthy play and I mean watched games lived and a lot of them and not just replays of the great games.   He was 6-9, not super tall, but all but  Brown is 6-7 not as big of a difference as some present. 

One thing too, is Jaylen could grow some folks.   His father is a seven footer, and he is only 20.   I know I grew until I was 21.  Doesn't mean he will but sometimes people grow an inch or two at that age.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 08:00:08 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
But yeah, Worthy was a tall finesse guy and Brown is normal sized power attacker of the rim.  They don't look at all the same to me either.

How many of you saw Worthy play and I mean watched games lived and a lot of them and not just replays of the great games.   He was 6-9, not super tall, but all but  Brown is 6-7 not as big of a difference as some present. 

One thing too, is Jaylen could grow some folks.   His father is a seven footer, and he is only 20.   I know I grew until I was 21.  Doesn't mean he will but sometimes people grow an inch or two at that age.
Worthy would float in the air holding the ball as high as he could so nobody could touch the ball.  Jaylen explodes at the rim like he was shot out of cannon-like Tony Allen or Michael Jordan(yes, same sentence).  Allen or Jordan didn't finish at the rim because of their height, but Worthy did a lot of the time.  Jaylen has adequate size but his advantage is his explosiveness in quickness, power, and leaping ability.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 09:18:50 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
He need to slow down on his development otherwise.
I am afraid we may lose him when we finally find a trade partner for a superstar.