Author Topic: Youth movement: trade idea  (Read 744 times)

Youth movement: trade idea
« on: December 10, 2016, 02:45:44 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Before I start: let me say I hate the "trade Isaiah" movement as much as the next person. That said, however, I am very against the idea of paying a 5'9 30 year old scorer whose game is based on athleticism a max deal. So, assuming he is still asking for too much money around the time of this year's draft, here goes nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, my completely delusional, green-glasses-wearing, home cooked trade proposal. If Ainge could pull this one off I may actually consider naming my firstborn Danny.

IT, Olynyk, BK '17 to MIN for Wiggins.

Then, trade AB, Crowder, Jerebko, Johnson, BK '18, MEM '19 to NO for Anthony Davis.

Rozier/Jackson or vet FA
Wiggins/Smart
Brown/Smith
Horford/Yabusele/Mickey
AD/Zizic

Assuming everyone develops well (a big risk, I know) this is a nightmare team. With the exception of Horford, all of our best players are under 25. That could be a legit dynasty for 10 years with a mix of defense, scoring, and length and athleticism. I have a TON of faith in Rozier and Brown in particular and think they both have two-way star potential. Sign a veteran point guard to back up Rozier and sign JR Smith off the bench to complete this pipe dream (pun intended). A long shot, I know, but I figured I could have a little fun with a trade proposal after all the doom and gloom on here lately :)