Author Topic: Best PF trade options?  (Read 9002 times)

Re: Best PF trade options?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
What would it take to get Aaron Gordon?  He's been playing out of position.

Would love Aaron Gordon on this basketball team. Would help us so much in the front court
Gordon and Favors are both really interesting options.

Im just worried about price.

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 04:51:57 PM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6

Would love Aaron Gordon on this basketball team. Would help us so much in the front court
If Orlando called up and offered Aaron Gordon and Mario Hezonja for Jaylen Brown, do you consider it?

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 08:05:34 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

If Orlando called up and offered Aaron Gordon and Mario Hezonja for Jaylen Brown, do you consider it?

They wouldn't even finish the sentence before Danny hung up on them.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 08:13:55 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

That's a great question. I would think that he would definitely consider that offer because Hezonja are both really great fits in our system. Hezonja a 3 point shooter/scorer that's also athletic enough to go into the trees and finish over them. Gordon is a good rebounder, athletic, good defender that can guard both guards coming off screens and bigs on the block. I love Brown, but those are both two really good prospects that were both in stronger drafts.

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

They wouldn't even finish the sentence before Danny hung up on them.
This.  Whether Gordon is playing out or position or not,  he lacks skills.  And Hezonja isn't even good enough to get playing time on a horrible team, although I like his potential.  It seems pretty obvious that Brown will turn out better than a combination of those two.

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2016, 09:52:50 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm for Davis at steep price, Favors at a decent price or Gordon at a low price.

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2016, 10:40:10 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Some else posted this and I agree. Trevor Booker could truly help our rebounding and he currently has the 7th best defensive RPM!!!

Nice defender and nice rebounder.

As others have mentioned, Horford is our big that can stretch the floor.  We need someone doing the dirty work down low, defense and rebounding!!

Smitty77

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 10:18:56 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
What about Bobby Portis?

I know a lot of people liked him at the draft, and he has been regulated to bench minutes with Gibson and Mirotic playing ahead of him (as well as some guy named Cristiano Felicio, who I have not heard of before looking it up just now).  Maybe something like our 2018 pick for Portis would interest the Bulls?

He has shown enough NBA skill to play in the Celtics rotation, and maybe even take over for Amir next to Al.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2016, 10:37:34 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
What about Bobby Portis?

I know a lot of people liked him at the draft, and he has been regulated to bench minutes with Gibson and Mirotic playing ahead of him (as well as some guy named Cristiano Felicio, who I have not heard of before looking it up just now).  Maybe something like our 2018 pick for Portis would interest the Bulls?

He has shown enough NBA skill to play in the Celtics rotation, and maybe even take over for Amir next to Al.

Nice thought NHCelticsFan!!!!  Portis would be a great get, if the Bulls are truly willing to trade him!!!  He is a very versatile player and still young, only 21.

Smitty77

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 10:42:44 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
What about Bobby Portis?

I think we would have to give up more, such as James Young (who we are going to lose anyway) and our 2018 first rounder.  (Plus, we would likely have to do this for cap purposes.)

Smitty77

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 12:06:19 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Other options are moving Horford to PF and adding a C

I'm opposed to this. Its a band aid that will not make us a stronger contender.

I mean, what part? Horford is already playing the PF position primarily with Amir at center.

As for making us contenders, I think trading for someone like Boogie where Horford and him would both be PF/C would definitely make us contenders.

Now if you mean someone like Noel or even Vucevic, you're probably right. However, I do think we're significantly closer with either of those two than with Amir right now. Vucevic will cost a lot, but if you can get Noel for pretty cheap, then you get him.

For the Cs to be dangerous in the playoffs, Horford needs to be playing primarily at the 5, IMO. Thus me trying to find a complimentary 4.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Other options are moving Horford to PF and adding a C

I'm opposed to this. Its a band aid that will not make us a stronger contender.

I mean, what part? Horford is already playing the PF position primarily with Amir at center.

As for making us contenders, I think trading for someone like Boogie where Horford and him would both be PF/C would definitely make us contenders.

Now if you mean someone like Noel or even Vucevic, you're probably right. However, I do think we're significantly closer with either of those two than with Amir right now. Vucevic will cost a lot, but if you can get Noel for pretty cheap, then you get him.

For the Cs to be dangerous in the playoffs, Horford needs to be playing primarily at the 5, IMO. Thus me trying to find a complimentary 4.

The best part about Horford is his versatility. Boston just needs to find him a front court partner with legit talent, whether that is a C or PF isn't terribly important. What is important is shoring up the rebounding on the defensive glass, which is usually easier by acquiring a starting center, bit there are some PF's out there who can also rebound well.

Personally, I think the C's would be better off finding a starting center, but there are PF's out there I would go after too.

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 02:08:29 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
What do folks think it would take to get Faried? If it were as easy as Johnson and a protected pick or two, do you think Ainge would pu the trigger (considering the added salary)?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2016, 02:21:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
What do folks think it would take to get Faried? If it were as easy as Johnson and a protected pick or two, do you think Ainge would pu the trigger (considering the added salary)?

Not interested in Faried. He is a non-shooting, space killing undersized forward who doesn't play good enough defense to offset his lack of offense. If he was any sort of threat as a roll man in the PnR you could get by with his lack of shooting, but he isn't.

Faried is a hustle and energy bench player, and probably not worth spending cap space on.

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2016, 02:27:47 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Not interested in Faried. He is a non-shooting, space killing undersized forward who doesn't play good enough defense to offset his lack of offense. If he was any sort of threat as a roll man in the PnR you could get by with his lack of shooting, but he isn't.

Faried is a hustle and energy bench player, and probably not worth spending cap space on.

I haven't seen him play much in the last year or two. If he's truly unreliable in the PnR, that's news to me and detriment to his value, obviously.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)