Author Topic: Best PF trade options?  (Read 9001 times)

Re: Best PF trade options?
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2016, 12:09:29 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
We can also move Horford to PF.  I think big man and a superstar wing are somewhat priorities although we have brown.  Rozier is also developing as a shooter. I'd hang onto him at this point.

What this team needs is a legit big man to go with Horford.  Or a younger wing to go with Brown.

Amir is old and tired looking.  Kelly has shown nothing except that he can stand at the 3 point line.

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2016, 12:16:02 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'd take Love to go with Horford.  Good luck getting him. I'd also consider trading IT to Philly for Noel and Okafor.  Boogie etc.  Bogut.  This stuff has been discussed to death though.

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2016, 12:22:56 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Noel is a young better shotblocking version of Amir which would make a lot of sense on this team.  I still think Ainge is going to hold out.  We have so many assets and picks I think people overvalue them a bit.  What are we going to do with all these picks seriously?  I can understanding holding out and improving to maximize it though.  But honestly we aren't going to use all these picks.   

Noel is a good option.  Maybe we can do better though.  I expect Ainge to make a call by this offseason though.

I agree.  I think Ainge will hold out to acquire a much bigger piece than Noel.  Although, I hope he does it by this season's trade deadline rather than the offseason.

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2016, 12:26:57 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'd take Love to go with Horford.  Good luck getting him. I'd also consider trading IT to Philly for Noel and Okafor.  Boogie etc.  Bogut.  This stuff has been discussed to death though.
yeah, the big men out there are well known.

Bogut, Noel, Okafor, Monroe, Cousins.

Their warts and strengths and potential costs have been discussed to death.

For now, I say we just wait.

Even if theres no major move, I think the development of Brown is as important to our future as most trades.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2016, 12:33:41 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
If we get noel around the deadline where we control his rights and his contract and keep one the nets picks and have cap space as insurance I'd be fine with that.  To me it's more about getting what we need.  I think Ainge is going to hold out for a legit star though where we have IT, star and Horford to go with Smart and Brown for the future.

I'm really not that greedy on these nets picks though.  Noel is a really good option to me.  If we can get both Noel and Okafor that might be tough to play them all but there are situations where I'd consider trading IT and going with Smart and Rozier.  We have Jackson too. 

Paul George is another one. 

Crowder to me is on the table as well.  I would keep Smart, Bradley, Rozier, brown, Horford.  IT I'd like to keep too.

I've said this stuff a million times though.  I think Rozier is developing into a nice combo guard wing scorer and shooter and defender. I'd keep him.  I'm not as set on IT as our pg but even him I wouldn't be hard pressed to trade. 

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2016, 12:36:25 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
yeah, the big men out there are well known.

Bogut, Noel, Okafor, Monroe, Cousins.

Their warts and strengths and potential costs have been discussed to death.

For now, I say we just wait.

Even if theres no major move, I think the development of Brown is as important to our future as most trades.

As is Brooklyn continuing to lose.  The prospect of adding Fultz, Ball, or Tatum has me getting excited. 

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2016, 12:37:04 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Deandre Jordan etc.  We'd have to trade Smart for that I feel though.   I'm not that big on that.

I love IT and why can't we have both but if I had to choose between IT and Smart I'd choose Smart.

Deandre and Horford front line we'd need IT's shooting too.  I think Smart would get traded there.

I just am not sold a IT, Bradley, Crowder, Horford, Deandre lineup is it.  It's really good though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ainge decides to do that.

Not really my thing is all.  Noel is a better option imo.  He can play pf and center adn is more versatile that way.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:44:45 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2016, 11:23:41 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Deandre Jordan etc.  We'd have to trade Smart for that I feel though.   I'm not that big on that.

I love IT and why can't we have both but if I had to choose between IT and Smart I'd choose Smart.

Deandre and Horford front line we'd need IT's shooting too.  I think Smart would get traded there.

I just am not sold a IT, Bradley, Crowder, Horford, Deandre lineup is it.  It's really good though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ainge decides to do that.

Not really my thing is all.  Noel is a better option imo.  He can play pf and center adn is more versatile that way.
Jordan is the last play the Clips will trade as long as Paul and Griffin are there.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2016, 02:43:39 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Larry Nance Jr.

Danny reportedly wanted him instead of RJ Hunter in the draft, but the Lakers took Nance one pick before us. (Forgot where I read that, but I will try to find the source).

Nance is starting to look real good in LA, so I doubt they would move him, but they seem committed to starting Randle over Larry.

I think finding a young (ideally), overlooked player to pair with Horford would be the best bet, as it could save us from using our top assets and hopefully we would have the player under contract for a few years before having to pay up.

Nance and Portis would be my targets.

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Despite his inability to keep a low profile, Cousins would be a nice fit next to Horford.  Horford usually doesn't look to score as often as Celtics's fans would've liked. On the other hand, Cousins is a scoring machine that can score from anywhere on the court.  The defense would not be a problem as both can play 4 or 5.  It might be risky to acquire a fiery talent but when the Pistons made the decision to bring on Rasheed Wallace the gamble paid off. 

Send Bradley, Mickey and 2 or three first rounders or send IT and Mickey and 1 or 2 firsts. 

Bradley would be a great fit next to help develop defense for Sac. or IT would fill in their dire need for a point guard.  The picks could help the team re-stock their draft and talent coffers.  Mickey is nice prospect that given more minutes could become a solid role player that fits next to WCS.

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2016, 09:03:52 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'd trade the 18 brk pick, James Young, Clippers pick and Mickey for one of the Denver bigs (nurkic and jokic Iirc)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2016, 09:40:12 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I'd trade the 18 brk pick, James Young, Clippers pick and Mickey for one of the Denver bigs (nurkic and jokic Iirc)

Would LOVE Jokic, but that seems a little much.  Then again, with the way he has been playing lately a Nets pick would probably be needed.

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2016, 10:38:03 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Nikola Mirotic could    be had for peanuts from chicago , he has fallen out of the rotation and on an expiring deal. can spread the floor