Author Topic: Best PF trade options?  (Read 8947 times)

Re: Best PF trade options?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 03:15:56 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
What do folks think it would take to get Faried? If it were as easy as Johnson and a protected pick or two, do you think Ainge would pu the trigger (considering the added salary)?

I like Faried, but def don't love him. He'd be a good, gritty player to come off the bench. I think of him as a poor man's Draymond without a shot.

I'd like a long, athletic 4 that can shoot to couple with Horford. Guys that I like: Anthony Davis, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin, Porzingis, and Myles Turner. Most of these guys are not going to be traded.

In the draft, I'm interested in Harry Giles and Jonathan Isaac.

I think it makes sense to stay patient, draft one of the best bigs in the draft, and bring in Zizic and Yabu over the next two years.

Harry Giles + Jaylen Brown + Brooklyn 18th might give you a shot at Anthony Davis.

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2016, 04:38:18 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Bobby Portis is too inconsistent-doesn't even get heavy minutes in the Chicago rotation for a number of reasons. But he is a 2nd year player.

I like both Thaddeus Young.
He was a steal for Indiana  (20th pick in first round and a conditional 2nd Rounder)
He might be too athletic for us up front.
Favors would also be a good pick-up.

In Steven's system, it is irrelevant if you consider Horford a C or PF,

What matters is that we have no shotblocking player and have no dominant rebounder. I'd like to see us upgrade at PF and C in those areas.

I think Boogie solves those issues.
But I'd rather hold out too see who is available at the trade deadline. Half-way through January is when GM's really think about moving people. They have a better indication of whether they are a playoff team.  We remain guard heavy.

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2016, 04:49:53 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Bobby Portis is too inconsistent-doesn't even get heavy minutes in the Chicago rotation for a number of reasons. But he is a 2nd year player.

I like both Thaddeus Young.
He was a steal for Indiana  (20th pick in first round and a conditional 2nd Rounder)
He might be too athletic for us up front.
Favors would also be a good pick-up.

In Steven's system, it is irrelevant if you consider Horford a C or PF,

What matters is that we have no shotblocking player and have no dominant rebounder. I'd like to see us upgrade at PF and C in those areas.

I think Boogie solves those issues.
But I'd rather hold out too see who is available at the trade deadline. Half-way through January is when GM's really think about moving people. They have a better indication of whether they are a playoff team.  We remain guard heavy.

I agree with almost everything you have said. However, to say we dont have a shot blocker is misleading. As of writing this (before the thunder game) Horford is 4th in the league in straight up BPG. 2.5 Isnt anything to sneeze at. He has more than even Whiteside this year.

But yea rebounding remains a huge issue.
#JKJB

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Im curious - how many of you would be in favor of a AB for Derrick Favors trade? Utah gets much needed backcourt defense and Boston gets a much needed bolster to their frontcourt. Like others have said, the Jazz's offense runs alot more fluidly with Favors out. I dont think they are as invested in him as they are Gobert. DA probably only makes that trade if hes confident that Smart/Rozier can pick up the slack offensively, which may be questionable.

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2016, 07:51:02 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Im curious - how many of you would be in favor of a AB for Derrick Favors trade? Utah gets much needed backcourt defense and Boston gets a much needed bolster to their frontcourt. Like others have said, the Jazz's offense runs alot more fluidly with Favors out. I dont think they are as invested in him as they are Gobert. DA probably only makes that trade if hes confident that Smart/Rozier can pick up the slack offensively, which may be questionable.
Jazz have Hood so AB isn't a must have. But that would be very close in talent. If they wanted to use Hood off the bench it would be a good fit.

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 08:09:01 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Jazz have Hood so AB isn't a must have. But that would be very close in talent. If they wanted to use Hood off the bench it would be a good fit.
But Hood is a young player that is still learning how to win. Avery brings the offensive and defensive presence that they sorely need to make them even more dangerous. That's a very good fit we just need to throw a package at the Jazz that works.

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 08:19:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
But Hood is a young player that is still learning how to win. Avery brings the offensive and defensive presence that they sorely need to make them even more dangerous. That's a very good fit we just need to throw a package at the Jazz that works.

We are going to steal Hayward away from them this offseason anyway so it would only be like half of the season with Hood off the bench [until he starts again next year].

This seems like a deal that works for both sides, but I would want to make sure we have enough money to offer Hayward that max deal, even if it means letting KO go.

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2016, 08:41:12 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

We are going to steal Hayward away from them this offseason anyway so it would only be like half of the season with Hood off the bench [until he starts again next year].

This seems like a deal that works for both sides, but I would want to make sure we have enough money to offer Hayward that max deal, even if it means letting KO go.

I think a deal like Bradley, Olynyk, 2018 Boston 1st, and Minnesota 2nd for Favors and Ingles works very well for us.

I wouldn't plan on Hayward and that's why I think trading for Favors makes a lot of sense

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2016, 10:03:11 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I think we need a center. Horford is a PF. Bogut would be great in our system. I am hopeful we can get him on the Cheap. Denver's two centers maybe a good call as well.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2016, 10:03:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think we need a center. Horford is a PF. Bogut would be great in our system. I am hopeful we can get him on the Cheap. Denver's two centers maybe a good call as well.
Bogut as a rental seems to make too much sense.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2016, 10:57:12 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Horford at PF is probably our best option. I like Bogut for this year at center. Trade Zeller and/or Olynyk. Throw in a 2nd rounder if needed. I'd sign Bogut to a 2-3 year deal at Amir Johnson money.

For next year, I still think we run out something like this:

Thomas, Rozier
Bradley, Smart
Crowder, Brown
Horford, Harry Giles, Yabu
Bogut, Zizic

I love the idea of Zizic coming off the bench next year, while Smart and Brown run the second unit at over 25 minutes per game. This team still has a bunch of assets with a 2018 BKN pick. I think Jaylen will take a step forward and replace Crowder within a year or two.

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2016, 11:17:16 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Horford at PF is probably our best option.

Just means we're a none factor, at least until next year. I get your point tho...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2016, 11:23:45 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Bogut for Jerebko, Young, Green,  and a second rounder. That's about all I would give for him. Dallas would be basically dumping him but they need to blow it up anyway

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2016, 11:55:21 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but what about Noel?  He'll add the rim protecting and rebounding that we need.  He should play well with Horford since Horford's offensive game is so versatile and Noel has the height to guard centers and the quickness to defend power forwards.

Would people trade Rozier for him?  If we throw in a future non Brooklyn pick or Yabusele and Young for salary filler, I could see Philly going for it.

Of course, Noel being a restricted free agent is something to think about.

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2016, 12:07:12 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Noel is a young better shotblocking version of Amir which would make a lot of sense on this team.  I still think Ainge is going to hold out.  We have so many assets and picks I think people overvalue them a bit.  What are we going to do with all these picks seriously?  I can understanding holding out and improving to maximize it though.  But honestly we aren't going to use all these picks.   

Noel is a good option.  Maybe we can do better though.  I expect Ainge to make a call by this offseason though.