Author Topic: Still no win against big teams...  (Read 1324 times)

Still no win against big teams...
« on: December 10, 2016, 06:28:22 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
This just shows how far we are from being contender. We consider Crowder and Smart as a non-tradeble players, the players that must be part of contender-celtics. I really don't see how and why.
In all games so far where we were stronger team they were quite dominating and left us actually a wrong impression. All the games with biggs, especially this last one with Toronto, showed how  harmless offinsevely they are, even though they were fighting and trying.
Thomas has maybe defensive struggles, but offensively he gives much more to the team than any other player on both ends of the flower. I can only add Avery to him. He's the only non-tradeble guy.
Crowder and Smart for PG-13? Right away!

P.S. Big applause for Brown last night! Should go in the lineup over Crowder!

Re: Still no win against big teams...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 08:42:06 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
After what i've seen so far i've changed my position on not trading Smart and Crowder.  Everyone except BS should be on the block.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 08:54:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we upgrade Amir and we will be fine.  We lack quality bigs as we did last year and the year before that.  Our guards generally match up well with a team.  Crowder is a decent SF and Brown shows nice potential as a backup, and versatile Jonas sometimes in there.  Horford is solid, Amir is showing his age, KO is a decent back up big, Zeller is Zeller.   I think Amir is really the position we need a good player in.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 09:08:53 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
After what i've seen so far i've changed my position on not trading Smart and Crowder.  Everyone except BS should be on the block.
Arrggghhh!!!  I hate it when people only want to trade players they think aren't good.  That's not how trading works.

And who in hades ever considered smart or crowder untouchable in the first place?  Ridiculous.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
This team is just not very good.  Take away IT and we're lottery bound.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 10:06:31 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Crowder, Olynyk, and Rozier had bad shooting nights.
I think Crowder is still suffering from that ankle injury.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 10:09:30 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I heard this narrative develop over the last week or two. It's funny.

We should have won the game last night, and the game the other night against the Rockets.

But we have beaten the Bulls and Hornets, who are both playoff teams. In fact, I think a win against them is better than a win against the Rockets, which would have been considered by ESPN as a signature win.

We still haven't put together 4 quarters of basketball, but if you are results oriented, especially early in the season, you will be disappointed. However, the past few games have shown some significant improvements in the speed and flow of our offense. We have also tightened our defense over the past few weeks.

I'm still frustrated that we aren't playing for 4 quarters, but we are showing significant improvements.

Especially with young teams, we have to expect them to play hard and show improvements. The playing hard thing is what bothers me most.

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Arrggghhh!!!  I hate it when people only want to trade players they think aren't good.  That's not how trading works.

And who in hades ever considered smart or crowder untouchable in the first place?  Ridiculous.

Calm your behind down.  No one said anything about Smart or Crowder being untouchable.  I only expressed an opinion based on what they've shown and given this team in seasons prior.  I felt, personally, that there are very few players I'd trade Crowder for and I still feel that way to a certain extent.  I'm not Danny Ainge.  It's just my opinion.  Duh.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 02:23:30 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Smart is only 22 years old and should not be traded unless it is for a KG-like blockbuster.

I am somewhat disappointed in Crowder.  While it is clear how much he means to this team defensively, he has not been good offensively this year. 

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 02:28:10 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Because we lose to the 2nd best team in the East? Ok
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

The team is not very good when the shots aren't falling, which can be said about most teams, but especially the Celtics as they cannot manufacture trips to the foul line.