Author Topic: People need to RELAXXXXXXX  (Read 6601 times)

Re: People need to RELAXXXXXXX
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2016, 01:00:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

As for the Celtics, they are not as good as Toronto.  We don't have enough shooters or a good enough front court.  We are still a competitive team that plays hard and is entertaining to watch.  If we make a trade to address the front court weakness, we might win a round in the playoffs.

I think that's about right.

The Celts are still a cut below the Raps, and a few or more cuts below the Cavs, but they are closer than they were last year.  I totally disagree with people who say adding Horford hasn't made the team better.

I think the Celts can win a round in the playoffs if they have injury luck and get a favorable matchup.  No trade needed.  But that's about it.

And even with a trade, unless it's for Boogie or somebody like that, the 2nd round is the ceiling, I think.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2016, 01:35:04 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Before tonight I thought the Raptors were clearly a better team, after tonight I'm not so sure. The c's lost that game in the third when they went on a prolonged scoring drought. I don't think that drought happens with It healthy.

The game really underscored the need for another shot creator. My hope is that with experience Jaylen or Rozier will grow into that roll but if not we would be best served acquiring someone
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2016, 02:39:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2920
I don't buy this notion that the Raps are better. I think we're right there with them in that second tier of teams.

I'd say GS and Cleveland are two steps ahead of us with SAS and LAC a step ahead of us.

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2016, 03:04:22 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I blame Stevens for last night.
He should have had the team do a full court press--to throw Toronto's offense off a bit..NOPE, Lowry got to dribble the ball over the half court line-with ZERO pressure all night long.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2016, 03:46:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Before tonight I thought the Raptors were clearly a better team, after tonight I'm not so sure. The c's lost that game in the third when they went on a prolonged scoring drought. I don't think that drought happens with It healthy.

The game really underscored the need for another shot creator. My hope is that with experience Jaylen or Rozier will grow into that roll but if not we would be best served acquiring someone

I agree. In a couple of months we will be much better and The Raptors peaked last year.

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I agree. In a couple of months we will be much better and The Raptors peaked last year.

we will be better in a couple of months? really? who is coming? or should I ask who is leaving?

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2016, 06:16:46 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

we will be better in a couple of months? really? who is coming? or should I ask who is leaving?
I think if everyone is healthy that will help and Rozier/Brown should improve as the season goes along.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2016, 07:08:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

I think the team is building chemistry and I think a lot of the guys on this roster are young and improving.

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2016, 07:15:00 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The trend I like is Brown backing up the 3 instead of Smart. I think we are a better team with Smart playing guard, and Brown backing up Crowder.

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2016, 08:16:58 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I don't buy this notion that the Raps are better. I think we're right there with them in that second tier of teams.

I'd say GS and Cleveland are two steps ahead of us with SAS and LAC a step ahead of us.

I can safely say that Lowry is better than IT and Derozan is a better offensive player than AB.  After than it is a coin toss but their guards are probably better than ours.

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 05:14:55 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I can safely say the time to relax is over.

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2016, 05:20:16 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I can safely say that Lowry is better than IT and Derozan is a better offensive player than AB.  After than it is a coin toss but their guards are probably better than ours.

Yeah this is spot on. Of the top 10 players for both the Raptors and Celtics, I think Lowry and Derozan are #1 and #2, then the Celtics probably have the next 4-5 players.

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2016, 06:01:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2920

Hmm, it's hard to say. We were still without IT, and Horford and Brad made some uncharacteristic errors that usually don't happen, along with Bradley being worse than usual down the stretch. Before that it was Crowder in the Raptors game with terrible decision-making and shot selection down the stretch. The game before that it was IT coming in and giving up an 8 point run and the lead (though I still don't count the Houston loss as a fair loss since the officials legitimately stole a point from us with incompetent officiating).

So I'll say this - without some of our rotation guys our margin of error is extremely thin, and we just simply can't make the type of boneheaded plays that we have late in the 4th the last couple of games.

I guess another thing to consider is that it's not just on one or two players. Almost every single one of our rotation players has had some bad play and/or poor decision-making down the stretch of a game that has hurt us. I just think with our injuries and lack of continuity/chemistry right now that we have an extremely small margin of error and just can't afford these mental lapses that we've been having.

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2016, 06:19:47 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
In New England we don't do "relax." We do our job. Celtics. Do your job.

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2016, 06:52:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Why?  Because the Celts are on track to finish in the middle of the Eastern Conference playoff picture?  Because they look good enough to make the second round if they have decent luck and health, but go no further than that?

That doesn't shock me.

The record isn't quite what I expected -- they're only on track for 44 wins right now -- but otherwise it's mostly what I thought, except that they're better on offense than defense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain