Author Topic: People need to RELAXXXXXXX  (Read 6514 times)

Re: People need to RELAXXXXXXX
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 06:44:17 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Go ask a Kings, Suns, or Magic fan if they think our team stinks.

My guess is they'd love to have a team to watch every night on par with this Celtics team.

So they aren't a powerhouse. So they need a lot to go right in order to beat the top teams in the league.

Boo hoo.  Most teams are not contenders. A lot of the teams in the league are a total mess. They have trouble just getting out of their own way.

This Celtics team is talented and consistently competitive. They rarely get blown out. And none of that means they are sacrificing a chance at a top pick.

Check yourselves Celtics fans. You seem like spoiled brats right now.

Exactly. People don't get this. Sure, we're not currently true title contenders, but we're not a treadmill team either. We can legitimately build for the present and future at the same time. Further, we're a trade away from being title contenders, and we have the assets to make such a trade when a star becomes available.

I'm not sure what else one can wish for right about now.

And with all that being said, we're still better than what our record shows. I think we're clearly one of the top teams alongside those like Toronto in the second tier of NBA teams - the faux contenders.

This is what makes me frustrated. We are NOT alongside those teams. We are BEHIND those teams. People should stop overrating us. We can't play much better than we currently play. We have to realisticly be able to win against TOR, GS, CLE, CLIPP, SA at any time. We have to be competitive against these teams, not to surprise ourselves if we do win one of this games. Then, we will be in this group. Don't get me wrong. Every win against any oponent is important in the same way, but we are not the same level with these teams, we have to admit that finaly.

I am satisfied how our team plays, but I am not satisfied how our roster looks like.

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 08:34:00 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Obligatory useless post-loss thread.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 08:52:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is what makes me frustrated. We are NOT alongside those teams. We are BEHIND those teams. People should stop overrating us. We can't play much better than we currently play. We have to realisticly be able to win against TOR, GS, CLE, CLIPP, SA at any time. We have to be competitive against these teams, not to surprise ourselves if we do win one of this games. Then, we will be in this group. Don't get me wrong. Every win against any oponent is important in the same way, but we are not the same level with these teams, we have to admit that finaly.

I am satisfied how our team plays, but I am not satisfied how our roster looks like.

Tp, I could not agree more Ainge has maneuvered us to a good position and has not hamstrung us with a bad deal.   But we are a few pieces away from true contention.

I am really excited as we are competitive most nights and generally play hard but not as hard as last year.  I love it when Brown gets into the game as he is capable of electric plays from time to time.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hard to say what we are as a team right now because of the constant injuries. Also they have to figure out who they are and how they are going to win. Right now they are trying to make Horford a go to guy after paying him a ton of $ but he's not clutch so it's hurting us. He's a very good player but game finisher he is not.

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
People need to RELAXXXXXXX

no kidding!

how good did everyone expect this team to be? they're at best a 2nd rnd bounce and at worst still a 1st rnd bounce.

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2016, 09:48:06 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
They need to play harder like it matters

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2016, 10:05:40 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
Yeah, erm .. So anyway... Who else gets excited when jaylen checks in. He looks good in green. I think I hope we don't trade him, I think..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 10:26:17 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Seems like they are already playing very hard.  I think it's the roster, specifically need a rebounding big.

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2016, 10:48:22 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Seems like they are already playing very hard.  I think it's the roster, specifically need a rebounding big.
It would be amazing how many rebs they'd get if they'd stop shooting lazy threes, camping out at the three point line, start taking it to the hole, and boxing out.

Guys are starting to figure out if they shoot threes and play like less physical sissies they can have longer careers.

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
Go ask a Kings, Suns, or Magic fan if they think our team stinks.

My guess is they'd love to have a team to watch every night on par with this Celtics team.

So they aren't a powerhouse. So they need a lot to go right in order to beat the top teams in the league.

Boo hoo.  Most teams are not contenders. A lot of the teams in the league are a total mess. They have trouble just getting out of their own way.

This Celtics team is talented and consistently competitive. They rarely get blown out. And none of that means they are sacrificing a chance at a top pick.

Check yourselves Celtics fans. You seem like spoiled brats right now.

Exactly. People don't get this. Sure, we're not currently true title contenders, but we're not a treadmill team either. We can legitimately build for the present and future at the same time. Further, we're a trade away from being title contenders, and we have the assets to make such a trade when a star becomes available.

I'm not sure what else one can wish for right about now.

And with all that being said, we're still better than what our record shows. I think we're clearly one of the top teams alongside those like Toronto in the second tier of NBA teams - the faux contenders.

This is why I'm most frustrated with this team. I don't feel like they are playing to their potential unlike last season. I never expected them to get past CLE or TOR but I did think they could improve. It's like they are waiting for something to happen before fully committing to the season. Maybe that is a trade? Hopefully dumping Amir for Bogut. Regardless I'll be there on Sunday, I'm not in panic mode just yet.

What was our record last season at this time?

13-10. we had just lost to GS in the 2OT game.

So The Celtics have the same record as last year and with all the injuries and some new pieces. I think we're in good shape!

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2016, 11:21:57 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Danny is waiting for the "perfect storm" of the summer of 08 to happen again. He's holding these young players, and draft picks patiently waiting for a GM to get impatient, or get pressured into making a careless move.

Will it work again? Or is the league on to him?

In the mean time, this season is gonna be a bumpy ride. 

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 11:22:01 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The team definitely isn't above criticism

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 11:25:03 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
People need to RELAXXXXXXX

no kidding!

how good did everyone expect this team to be? they're at best a 2nd rnd bounce and at worst still a 1st rnd bounce.
No one likes to be told to Relax (much less in caps with trailing X's).  It is very condescending.  My two cents on that.

As for the Celtics, they are not as good as Toronto.  We don't have enough shooters or a good enough front court.  We are still a competitive team that plays hard and is entertaining to watch.  If we make a trade to address the front court weakness, we might win a round in the playoffs.

I am not sure where that opinion puts me on the spectrum of opinion between hater and green goggle wearer, that is just how I see it.

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 12:51:44 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It would be amazing how many rebs they'd get if they'd stop shooting lazy threes, camping out at the three point line, start taking it to the hole, and boxing out.

Guys are starting to figure out if they shoot threes and play like less physical sissies they can have longer careers.
but the other team would get more.  This is not about getting more rebounds, it's about taking rebounds from the other team, and for that you need better rebounders.  Style of play has little to do with that.

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Dude we've been relaxing.  We want to see some serious moves in getting some legit talent in here and enough with these [dang] low ceiling projects