Author Topic: People need to RELAXXXXXXX  (Read 6600 times)

People need to RELAXXXXXXX
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:12:07 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Here's some stats for you. If we consider our top-7 guys IT, Al, AB, Jae, Amir, Smart, and KO, here's the breakdown of games played without them.

Games without one top-7 guy: 15/23 or 65% of our games

Games without two top-7 guys: 11/23 or 48% of our games

Games without one starter: 11/23 or 48% of our games

Games without two starters: 8/23 or 35% of our games

It's hard to develop continuity and chemistry with that many injuries, especially when one of the guys is Horford, who is new. And you absolutely must have continuity and chemistry when you're facing a team that has move pure overall talent, such as the Raptors, Spurs, Cavs, Rockets, Warriors, etc.

Look, there are certainly weak areas that we have, like rebounding and over-reliance on threes. But it is incredibly way too early to make any definitive declarations about the ceiling of this team with as early as it still is and with as many injuries to key rotation guys that we have had. Our defense for the most part has been much better the last three games, and we've shown flashes of how good we can be when we're fully healthy.

So take relax and take a deep breath. It was always a long-shot that we would win this game without IT.

Re: People need to RELAXXXXXXX
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 12:18:54 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
I agree I'm happy with where we are so far. I still think that when we jell a little more we will be a really good team. We are not bad now we are a top 10 nba team. I think by after Christmas or after the New Year we will really see what we have.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 12:55:40 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We suck.  Plain and simple.  No excuses.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 01:14:33 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Go ask a Kings, Suns, or Magic fan if they think our team stinks.

My guess is they'd love to have a team to watch every night on par with this Celtics team.

So they aren't a powerhouse. So they need a lot to go right in order to beat the top teams in the league.

Boo hoo.  Most teams are not contenders. A lot of the teams in the league are a total mess. They have trouble just getting out of their own way.

This Celtics team is talented and consistently competitive. They rarely get blown out. And none of that means they are sacrificing a chance at a top pick.

Check yourselves Celtics fans. You seem like spoiled brats right now.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 01:45:52 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

My guess is they'd love to have a team to watch every night on par with this Celtics team.

So they aren't a powerhouse. So they need a lot to go right in order to beat the top teams in the league.

Boo hoo.  Most teams are not contenders. A lot of the teams in the league are a total mess. They have trouble just getting out of their own way.

This Celtics team is talented and consistently competitive. They rarely get blown out. And none of that means they are sacrificing a chance at a top pick.

I started typing "POTY" and it naturally lead to "POTUS".  Wish I could make this **** up. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:57:44 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 02:00:40 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
The real problem is that I feel some Celtics fans had unrealistic expectations while thinking that we would be like contenders or something with the addition of Al Horford. We lost Sully and Turner which were huge and honestly the Horford signing was really treading water. It was never going to put us in contention and Horford is going to be entering the back end of his prime. Even at the beginning of the season I thought that our ceiling was more  2nd Round rather than ECF

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 02:14:59 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
The internet : It's like never leaving junior high.  Some people never did. I know who you are.

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 02:15:23 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919

Exactly. People don't get this. Sure, we're not currently true title contenders, but we're not a treadmill team either. We can legitimately build for the present and future at the same time. Further, we're a trade away from being title contenders, and we have the assets to make such a trade when a star becomes available.

I'm not sure what else one can wish for right about now.

And with all that being said, we're still better than what our record shows. I think we're clearly one of the top teams alongside those like Toronto in the second tier of NBA teams - the faux contenders.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 02:21:20 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

Exactly. People don't get this. Sure, we're not currently true title contenders, but we're not a treadmill team either. We can legitimately build for the present and future at the same time. Further, we're a trade away from being title contenders, and we have the assets to make such a trade when a star becomes available.

And with all that being said, we're still better than what our record shows. I think we're clearly one of the top teams alongside those like Toronto in the second tier of NBA teams - the faux contenders.

This is why I'm most frustrated with this team. I don't feel like they are playing to their potential unlike last season. I never expected them to get past CLE or TOR but I did think they could improve. It's like they are waiting for something to happen before fully committing to the season. Maybe that is a trade? Hopefully dumping Amir for Bogut. Regardless I'll be there on Sunday, I'm not in panic mode just yet.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 02:23:57 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Agree with all except that we're a trade away from being title contenders.  That may not even be true, and if it is, that trade is scarce.  I'm with you re: Cousins in another thread... this new issue could equate to a loss of interest from the Cs. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 02:24:16 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
The team definately isn't above criticism.  They are playing ok so far.  I think we can play better. Toronto is a tough team that has their identity right now.  The C's are still trying to find theirs in ways. Certain players are as well. It just is what it is. 

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 02:47:39 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

This is why I'm most frustrated with this team. I don't feel like they are playing to their potential unlike last season. I never expected them to get past CLE or TOR but I did think they could improve. It's like they are waiting for something to happen before fully committing to the season. Maybe that is a trade? Hopefully dumping Amir for Bogut. Regardless I'll be there on Sunday, I'm not in panic mode just yet.

What was our record last season at this time?

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 03:01:01 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The real problem is that I feel some Celtics fans had unrealistic expectations while thinking that we would be like contenders or something with the addition of Al Horford. We lost Sully and Turner which were huge and honestly the Horford signing was really treading water. It was never going to put us in contention and Horford is going to be entering the back end of his prime. Even at the beginning of the season I thought that our ceiling was more  2nd Round rather than ECF

I think it's fair to say that some of us had (or still have) high expectations.

I think it's also fair to say that the media and even the players and team officials played a significant part in raising our expectations, and they need to start backing up the talk.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 03:04:06 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

What was our record last season at this time?

13-10. we had just lost to GS in the 2OT game.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 06:03:21 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I think people need to temper their expectations. We are on the pace of what people expected. 50+ wins is still reachable.

With that said, it's really frustrating that we can't get a win against above .500 yet. Part of it are injuries. Others are experimenting lineups and getting integrating our new players.