Author Topic: Orlando looking for a Scorer  (Read 3922 times)

Orlando looking for a Scorer
« on: December 09, 2016, 05:20:20 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/09/report-magic-looking-to-trade-for-scorer/

Looks like they put out Nikola Vucevic.  "Nikola always looked like the odd man out."

Man I would love to have this guy play C for Boston and have AL play the 4.   

To bad we could not find them a scorer with our late round 1st rounders.   

Do you think  Zeller, KO, Young and our Clippers 1st would be enough?   I don't.   

But why is this 7 footer coming off the bench?   

Diggles

Re: Orlando looking for a Scorer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 05:33:41 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
What a mess that team is. They drafted terribly and then they panicked and made a trade for a Veteran who was only going to help a contending team.

I would think it has to be pretty tough to come up with more then 3 teams who have made worse decisions over the last few years.

The Kings and Nets take the cake but the Magic are not far behind.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 05:50:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Funny that they're looking for a score when they traded away Oladipo this summer.

Outside of IT, I'm not sure that we have someone that is considered a "scorer" that they'd want.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 05:55:45 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Funny that they're looking for a score when they traded away Oladipo this summer.

Outside of IT, I'm not sure that we have someone that is considered a "scorer" that they'd want.
They just need to start over again. I feel so bad for their fans. Imagine going through all those bad picks and then like you said trading Oladipo who had the most value for a veteran who was never going to help them.

The only saving grace for them is it must be under a 100 to sit courtside for a magic game.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 05:58:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Dunno. Why does Tyler Zeller come off the bench?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 06:31:14 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I'd rather keep Horford at the 5 and pick up Ibaka.  Mobility is key in today's NBA.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 06:36:18 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I could see a Elfird Payton/Mario Hezonja/Jodie Meeks/Lakers pick/Magic unprotected pick for Goran Dragic coming. Of course that would all depend on whether or not Orlando and Miami want to trade with each other.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 07:03:32 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I could see a Elfird Payton/Mario Hezonja/Jodie Meeks/Lakers pick/Magic unprotected pick for Goran Dragic coming. Of course that would all depend on whether or not Orlando and Miami want to trade with each other.
That's too much for Dragic who is about to turn 31.  Certainly shouldn't be giving up an unprotected pick.  Unless they are really certain that Ibaka is going to re-sign with them, I don't think trading for Dragic is a good move. 

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 07:17:49 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
That's too much for Dragic who is about to turn 31.  Certainly shouldn't be giving up an unprotected pick.  Unless they are really certain that Ibaka is going to re-sign with them, I don't think trading for Dragic is a good move.
I like Dragic but not sure Heat would trade him for that package.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 07:29:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

I think Miami does that trade in a second. Dragic is OK but that's a lot. That would jump start a Miami rebuild and I do think Miami is in rebuild mode.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 07:35:41 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

I'm not saying that's the best course of action for Orlando but since they are aiming to win now, and they desperately need someone who can create his own offense, Dragic is a guy who they could realistically target. That and/or Rudy Gay. You're probably right about the unprotected pick. It would all depend on how desperate the Magic are.

Dragic could possibly be worth more but considering the league's loaded with good point guards, the market for him is pretty bare at the moment. I'm only putting Miami in a trade discussion with Orlando because it looks like the writing's on the wall that the Heat are re-building while the Magic are trying to be good now. I think Orlando would hypothetically have the most to offer for Dragic. Philly would have more but I don't think they'd want someone as old as Dragic is.

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 08:28:43 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I don't know that the Celtics have a "scorer" they can trade but Orlando has made a mess of this rebuild. They should trade off the parts that don't make sense and restock with some young guys who do. The Celtics can give them that if they can be convinced that's what they need.

And I'd love to bring in Vucevic. He's not much of a defender but he'd be a huge help on the boards and would be a terrific fit offensively both next to Horford and when Al is on the bench.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 08:56:54 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
If the Magic GM called and offered Fournier and Gordon for Thomas and Zeller, it would give me pause, and I've been on the Thomas bandwagon since the start of last season.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 10:46:01 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Dunno. Why does Tyler Zeller come off the bench?
he did say THIS 7 footer.  Not some random crappy 7 footer like Zeller.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 10:53:29 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
We should be looking for a scorer too.